Thank you all for your help. I did find that "Nujjetta" is Nocera Inferiore.
I have sent two letters to the Commune of Nocera, both included $20 cash and a request for the marriage banns. It has been over a year with no response from anyone in Italy.
Does anyone here have any suggestions regarding ...
Search found 8 matches
- 29 Apr 2013, 06:25
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: search for Nujjetta, a town near Naples
- Replies: 16
- Views: 9463
- 30 Jan 2012, 08:28
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Rocco, Piemonte, Italy
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4247
Rocco, Piemonte, Italy
My ggrandfather, Vincenzo Giordano, emmigrated to America on 19FEB1904. On his Naturalization Declaration several years later, he stated his was born in Nocera, Italy on 23JAN1877, married to Rosalia Tadeo on 15AUG1903 in Nocera (where she was also born). He came to America 6 months later then sent ...
- 29 Oct 2011, 06:08
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: search for Nujjetta, a town near Naples
- Replies: 16
- Views: 9463
Update on Nocera and Giordano Taddeo
I took your advice and wrote to the officials in Campania/Nocera Inferiore requesting specific and all documents on Vincenzo Giordano and Rosalia Taddeo (my ggparents). I included $20.00 American cash and a self addressed stamped envelope for their return documents. That was 5 months ago and I have ...
- 11 Feb 2011, 17:15
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: search for Nujjetta, a town near Naples
- Replies: 16
- Views: 9463
Re: search for Nujjetta, a town near Naples
Once again, you all are so helpful! I will follow your clues and see what I can find out.
If any of you needs help finding anything in America, let me know and I will help you.
Susan
If any of you needs help finding anything in America, let me know and I will help you.
Susan
- 10 Feb 2011, 19:51
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: search for Nujjetta, a town near Naples
- Replies: 16
- Views: 9463
Re: search for Nujjetta, a town near Naples
There are a few intriguing mysteries with Vincenso & Rosalia and I hope those of you who understand Italian culture, especially from early 1900s, will respond:
1. Vincenzo is said to have had a 1st wife and Rosalia was his 2nd wife. The first wife was never really spoken of.
2. One of their ...
1. Vincenzo is said to have had a 1st wife and Rosalia was his 2nd wife. The first wife was never really spoken of.
2. One of their ...
- 08 Feb 2011, 20:50
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: search for Nujjetta, a town near Naples
- Replies: 16
- Views: 9463
Re: search for Nujjetta, a town near Naples
I have also been trying to find Vincenzo Giordano, her husband but nothing matches the ship manifestos correctly. My grandmother gave me lots of information on her parents (Vincenzo & Rosalia) and even wrote in her own hand that they were born in "Nujjetta, near Naples". Vincenzo & Rosalia spoke ...
- 08 Feb 2011, 20:43
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: search for Nujjetta, a town near Naples
- Replies: 16
- Views: 9463
Re: search for Nujjetta, a town near Naples
You guys are geniuses!!!
- 08 Feb 2011, 05:51
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: search for Nujjetta, a town near Naples
- Replies: 16
- Views: 9463
search for Nujjetta, a town near Naples
Can anyone help me locate a place called Nujjetta? It is where both my great grandparents were born. My great grandfather, Vincenzo Giordano born in Nujjetta (near Naples) January 23, 1877 and my great grandmother Rosalia Tadeo born in Nujjetta December 27, 1883. He came to America in 1904 and ...