I can really use some help on this one.
Not much I can determine but I believe this is the baptismal record for Gaspare Paschalis Sciabbica. Parents are Antonino and Rosa Sciabbica. The baptism date is October 2, 1716.
Can the experts take a look and offer a better translation / interpretation?
Search found 30 matches
- 24 Nov 2022, 16:03
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Church Baptismal Record Help
- Replies: 2
- Views: 433
- 22 Nov 2022, 22:46
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Church Record Translation
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1188
Re: Church Record Translation
Thank you all.
What is the meaning of the Church of the Capuchin Fathers. Is this the name of a church or reference to something else.
What is the meaning of the Church of the Capuchin Fathers. Is this the name of a church or reference to something else.
- 21 Nov 2022, 23:28
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Church Record Translation
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1188
Church Record Translation
Here is my go at translating the attached death record. I am looking at the first record on the page.
Can anyone please confirm?
28 October, 1786
Master Gaspare Sciabica married to Rosa Sciabica, age 65
I cannot translate the last two lines.
Can anyone please confirm?
28 October, 1786
Master Gaspare Sciabica married to Rosa Sciabica, age 65
I cannot translate the last two lines.
- 26 Sep 2022, 15:44
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Church Marriage Record Tranlation Help
- Replies: 10
- Views: 1523
Re: Church Marriage Record Tranlation Help
PippoM thank you for the reply to my translation. I realize how difficult it is to decipher the handwriting.
I cannot see where in the document you picked out the name Russo as the maiden name of Rosa. Seems to me the maiden names of the mothers is not identified in this document. Is this typical ...
I cannot see where in the document you picked out the name Russo as the maiden name of Rosa. Seems to me the maiden names of the mothers is not identified in this document. Is this typical ...
- 23 Sep 2022, 23:05
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Church Marriage Record Tranlation Help
- Replies: 10
- Views: 1523
Church Marriage Record Tranlation Help
Can someone assist in the translation of this marriage record from the Mother Church in Bivona, Agrigento, Sicily?
The record is on page 108 of the matrimoni registri vol. 10 1732 - 1750. I am not sure how to create a link to this since you need to have a login name and password,
I will attempt to ...
The record is on page 108 of the matrimoni registri vol. 10 1732 - 1750. I am not sure how to create a link to this since you need to have a login name and password,
I will attempt to ...
- 21 Dec 2021, 23:03
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Birth Record Translation
- Replies: 10
- Views: 1637
Re: Birth Record Translation
I'm having trouble reading the baptism date for Carmela Vasile.
Is it December 24, 1820 or 1826?
I checked the civil records and could not find a record of her birth.
Is it December 24, 1820 or 1826?
I checked the civil records and could not find a record of her birth.
- 21 Dec 2021, 16:41
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Birth Record Translation
- Replies: 10
- Views: 1637
Re: Birth Record Translation
First, I just want to say thank to everyone who has been so helpful on this forum.
I believe Luigi died May 1849.
Does the marriage promise typically mention anything about children before marriage? What would I look for?
With a child before marriage would there be only a civil marriage and not a ...
I believe Luigi died May 1849.
Does the marriage promise typically mention anything about children before marriage? What would I look for?
With a child before marriage would there be only a civil marriage and not a ...
- 20 Dec 2021, 15:47
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Birth Record Translation
- Replies: 10
- Views: 1637
Birth Record Translation
Can someone please translate the birth record for Luigi Sciabica?
September 8, 1843, Record #87
https://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/detail-registry/?s_id=15334073
Father:Salvatore Sciabica
Mother: Carmela Vasile
Does the birth record indicate the parents are not married? Salvatore and ...
September 8, 1843, Record #87
https://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/detail-registry/?s_id=15334073
Father:Salvatore Sciabica
Mother: Carmela Vasile
Does the birth record indicate the parents are not married? Salvatore and ...
- 07 Dec 2021, 01:46
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translation - Baptism Record
- Replies: 2
- Views: 843
Translation - Baptism Record
Can someone assist with the translation of the baptism records from a marriage processetti?
Alfonso Sciabica and Camilla Tagliarini were married on September 15, 1822
The marriage processetti includes the baptism record for Alfonso and Camilla.
First the baptism record of Alphonsus Joannes ...
Alfonso Sciabica and Camilla Tagliarini were married on September 15, 1822
The marriage processetti includes the baptism record for Alfonso and Camilla.
First the baptism record of Alphonsus Joannes ...
- 15 Sep 2021, 23:30
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with Birth Record Translation
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1622
Help with Birth Record Translation
Can someone please help with the translation of the birth record for Michele Sciabica?
Agrigento > Birth Records 1820> record #112
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 5.jpg.html
Agrigento > Birth Records 1820> record #112
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 5.jpg.html
- 23 Aug 2021, 19:25
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Marriage Record Assistance
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1170
Marriage Record Assistance
I am looking for some help with a marriage record and some marriage processetti documents.
The marriage record is for Alfonzo Sciabica and Camilla Tagliarini.
Here is the information I was able to interpret from the document. Can anyone confirm or correct what I have determined?
Record #19 ...
The marriage record is for Alfonzo Sciabica and Camilla Tagliarini.
Here is the information I was able to interpret from the document. Can anyone confirm or correct what I have determined?
Record #19 ...
- 18 Aug 2021, 15:47
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Birth Record Translation Help
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1262
Re: Birth Record Translation Help
Thank you for the information.
Seems odd that the original birth was recorded as a male and then some 20 years later changed to a female.
Have you ever seen anything like this before?
In any case I have located the birth record from 1868 can you please translate.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark ...
Seems odd that the original birth was recorded as a male and then some 20 years later changed to a female.
Have you ever seen anything like this before?
In any case I have located the birth record from 1868 can you please translate.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark ...
- 16 Aug 2021, 23:03
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Birth Record Translation Help
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1262
Birth Record Translation Help
Can anyone please assist with the translation of the birth record for Vincenza, Record #5?
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043548
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043548
- 25 May 2021, 16:53
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Marriage Record Translation - Help
- Replies: 10
- Views: 2352
Re: Marriage Record Translation - Help
I want to thank everyone for their response. The information is greatly appreciated.
I do have an additional question concerning the marriage date. In reading the records is the actual event date the date noted in the civil record and not the date located on the right with the church information. I ...
I do have an additional question concerning the marriage date. In reading the records is the actual event date the date noted in the civil record and not the date located on the right with the church information. I ...
- 25 May 2021, 00:58
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Marriage Record Translation - Help
- Replies: 10
- Views: 2352
Marriage Record Translation - Help
I am looking for some assistance in reading the marriage record for Maria Carmela Sciabica.
Following is what I have been able to determine.
Marriage date: July 31, 1838, Church of San Gerlando
Maria Carmela Sciabica, age 25, born in Joppolo, residing in Girgenti.
Father: Don Carlo (deceased ...
Following is what I have been able to determine.
Marriage date: July 31, 1838, Church of San Gerlando
Maria Carmela Sciabica, age 25, born in Joppolo, residing in Girgenti.
Father: Don Carlo (deceased ...