Search found 10 matches

by FnGal2No
04 Aug 2011, 16:26
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Alife, Caserta, Italy Family research help
Replies: 0
Views: 742

Alife, Caserta, Italy Family research help

I am interested in finding someone from Alife, Caserta, Italy that could help me with my family genealogy information. I have a lineage that goes to the late 1800's and some 1700's. The family names that I am researching are Raiano and Bottino/Bottini.

If you are from Alife, Caserta, Italy and can ...
by FnGal2No
03 Aug 2011, 20:51
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Specific street in Alife, Caserta
Replies: 3
Views: 5461

Re: Specific street in Alife, Caserta

Someone just asked a similar question and they inspired me to ask this- maybe I'll have some luck too!

My family lived on via maddalena in Alife, which is in Caserta.
Specifically, they lived at via maddalena #'s 14 and 21.

I have zoomed in on all the maps and don't see this street.

Does via ...
by FnGal2No
29 Jul 2011, 17:27
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Research location in Italy - Piedimonte di Matese (Alife)
Replies: 13
Views: 9811

Re: Research location in Italy - Piedimonte di Matese (Alife

Suanj,

I wanted to send you an update. I visited Italy and had a wonderful time. I can't wait to go back. Thank you so much for helping me find the civil records for Alife on Ancestry.com. The information that I found on Ancectry.com was incredible. I wrote down the street addresses where my Great ...
by FnGal2No
29 Jul 2011, 16:19
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Bottino/Bottini Family Questions
Replies: 2
Views: 1934

Bottino/Bottini Family Questions

I have been working on my family genealogy for about 2 years. Just recently I have had some help from a distant Cousin. This Cousin has helped me find my ancestors to the year 1765.

I am wondering if anyone else can help me with my journey in answering some questions that I have.

Pietro Bottino ...
by FnGal2No
02 Jun 2011, 21:49
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Raiano and Bottini Family of Alife Caserta Italy research
Replies: 1
Views: 1400

Raiano and Bottini Family of Alife Caserta Italy research

I have done extensive research on Ancestry.com that includes the civil birth records of my Great Grandmother Tommasina Raiano (was Rajano)-DOB 1891 and her siblings Michele Alfonso-DOB 1888, Maria Louise-DOB 1881 and Lucantonio-DOB 1875. Only 3 of them moved to the US and lived in Utica, NY. I have ...
by FnGal2No
24 May 2011, 22:29
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Research location in Italy - Piedimonte di Matese (Alife)
Replies: 13
Views: 9811

Re: Research location in Italy - Piedimonte di Matese (Alife

Alife is near Piedimonte Matese( ex Piedimonte d'Alife); very close:
http://maps.google.it/maps?hl=it&q=alife&rlz=1R2ADSA_itIT363&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&wrapid=tlif130618323828110&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl
suanj

Suanj,

I can not thank you enough for responding to me regarding my family genealogy ...
by FnGal2No
23 May 2011, 22:36
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Research location in Italy - Piedimonte di Matese (Alife)
Replies: 13
Views: 9811

Re: Research location in Italy - Piedimonte di Matese (Alife

Oops, sorry the dates should be in the 1800's. So sorry. It looks like you did find the information on my grandparents. Thank you for the clarification on the town. Someone told my Father Piedimonte d'Alife. Now I underestand there are two different places.

Can you tell me where Alife is? We are ...
by FnGal2No
23 May 2011, 21:02
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Research location in Italy - Piedimonte di Matese (Alife)
Replies: 13
Views: 9811

Re: Research location in Italy - Piedimonte di Matese (Alife

Thank you again Suanj. I found the civil records for the births and I am paging through them all, only during the years that I know of my Great Grandparents birth year.

I am unable to find my Great Grandparent's birth certificate. My Great Grandmother's name was Tommasina Raiano born July 9, 1982 ...
by FnGal2No
23 May 2011, 18:19
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Research location in Italy - Piedimonte di Matese (Alife)
Replies: 13
Views: 9811

Re: Research location in Italy - Piedimonte di Matese (Alife

Hi Suanj,

Thank you for your response to my inquiry. I pay the subscription at Ancestry.com. How do I get to the civil records for Piedimonte Matese (ex Piedimonte d'Alife)?

Do you know the address of the the Caserta Archive of State?

Do you recommend that I go to the Town Hall and ask for the ...
by FnGal2No
23 May 2011, 17:44
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Research location in Italy - Piedimonte di Matese (Alife)
Replies: 13
Views: 9811

Research location in Italy - Piedimonte di Matese (Alife)

I have hit a wall with my family genealogy and will be traveling to Italy at the end of June. We are planning on visiting one of the villages that my family came from. It was called Piedimonte di Alife and I understand that today it is called Piedimonte di Matese.

Where can I go to look up my ...