gslarocca
your coat of arms is similar to mine.
the branches are indeed Olive and Oak representing peace and strength
the bird is most likely an Eagle since the Eagle was the symbol for many Italian tribes including the Romans.
I may be wrong because it could easily be an Oceanic bird of prey or a ...
Search found 3 matches
- 17 Mar 2011, 16:49
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: I need help with the coat of arms of Roccamoricci
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1486
- 17 Mar 2011, 12:39
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Would migrants have altered/changed their surnames?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2703
Re: Would migrants have altered/changed their surnames?
Italianbelgian,
most of my relatives left Calabria after WWll (although my family didn't leave until the 60's) for France (Reims, Fontainbleau and Blandy Les Tours)
Switzerland (Murren, Zurich) Argentina (Buenos Aires, La Plata?) Australia (Melbourne), Canada (Vancouver, Toronto, Sul St. Marie ...
most of my relatives left Calabria after WWll (although my family didn't leave until the 60's) for France (Reims, Fontainbleau and Blandy Les Tours)
Switzerland (Murren, Zurich) Argentina (Buenos Aires, La Plata?) Australia (Melbourne), Canada (Vancouver, Toronto, Sul St. Marie ...
- 15 Mar 2011, 13:46
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Would migrants have altered/changed their surnames?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2703
Re: Would migrants have altered/changed their surnames?
I also have relatives who emigrated from Italy to many places, including France.
It is a common practice for immigrants to alter the spelling and/or pronunciation of their names in order to assimilate easier to that particular place.
For instance I’ve seen the original surname’ Tomainoâ ...
It is a common practice for immigrants to alter the spelling and/or pronunciation of their names in order to assimilate easier to that particular place.
For instance I’ve seen the original surname’ Tomainoâ ...