Search found 3 matches

by wawakcj
19 Apr 2011, 22:21
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Eligible for Dual Citizenship
Replies: 20
Views: 6381

Re: Eligible for Dual Citizenship

I called to make an appointment at the Chicago consulate to show all my documents and they said they are no longer taking appointments in 2011??? You cannot make another appt till 2012. Does anyone know a way to expedite the process? I spent a lot of money and time gathering 23 documents from all ...
by wawakcj
16 Mar 2011, 02:07
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Eligible for Dual Citizenship
Replies: 20
Views: 6381

Re: Eligible for Dual Citizenship

Thanks for the responses. I am hoping the naturalization comes back as "no record". I read you have to reside in a certain area to go to each consulate. I was thinking of taking a vacation in Philly and stopping at that one. Thanks again and I will post what happen when all the docs arrive in ...
by wawakcj
15 Mar 2011, 14:55
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Eligible for Dual Citizenship
Replies: 20
Views: 6381

Re: Eligible for Dual Citizenship

My situation is Me, Father, GM, GGF, GGGF. Father born in 1951(so after 1948). GGGF born in Italy in 1872. GGF born in 1904 in U.S.. GGGF naturalized in 1905(so Italian citizen when GGF born). I have all the requirements met except my Italian GGGF was naturalized in 1905. Do you know any certain ...