Search found 5 matches
- 27 Jan 2003, 03:37
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Passenger lists in the 1870\'s
- Replies: 1
- Views: 4793
Passenger lists in the 1870\'s
My great great grandfather Nicolo Mangiere emigrated from Italy to NYC in 1871. My great great grandmother Michelina Fasano came over in 1879. Can anyone give me a good source for passenger lists to NYC at that time. I know many came through Castle Garden and perhaps Nicolo and Michelina did too. Or ...
- 27 Jan 2003, 03:33
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Sciacca Sicily
- Replies: 4
- Views: 7508
Sciacca Sicily
Am wondering where I can write to get info on birth/death/marriage and other public records in Sciacca, Sicily. The names I am looking for at the moment are Sanna and Barbera.
- 27 Jan 2003, 03:29
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Mangiere family from Italy to NYC & Brooklyn
- Replies: 3
- Views: 6777
Mangiere family from Italy to NYC & Brooklyn
I suppose I posted more info than necessary but I was in a hurry and copied/pasted what I had.
<BR>
<BR>I\'d like to know more about the origins of the Mangiere family in Italy. I don\'t know where Nicolo came from. Also I\'d like to track down the Fasano family in Italy too.
<BR>
<BR>I\'d like to know more about the origins of the Mangiere family in Italy. I don\'t know where Nicolo came from. Also I\'d like to track down the Fasano family in Italy too.
- 26 Jan 2003, 17:46
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Sanna family from Sciacca, Sicily
- Replies: 1
- Views: 7037
Sanna family from Sciacca, Sicily
My great great grandfather Filippo Leone Sanna (aka Papa Leone) was born Sep 1854 in Sciacca, Sicily. His wife was Giovannina Barbera (aka Mama Nina) who was born abt 1863 or 1864. They married abt 1881-82 in Sciacca. Papa Leone died in the mid to late 1940\'s and Giovannina died in the mid to late ...
- 26 Jan 2003, 17:39
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Mangiere family from Italy to NYC & Brooklyn
- Replies: 3
- Views: 6777
Mangiere family from Italy to NYC & Brooklyn
My great great grandfather was Nicolo Mangiere, son of Gaetano Mangiere and Mariantonia Costa. Nicolo emigrated from Italy to NYC in 1871. He married Michelina Fasano abt 1880 probably in NYC. (She had come over in 1879). BTW their arrival dates are according to the 1900 census records. They ...