Search found 13 matches
- 30 Apr 2011, 01:38
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Obtaining Italian Records
- Replies: 8
- Views: 5273
Re: Obtaining Italian Records
Yes somewhere between arriving in NY and settleing in Alabama...the Gara was lost. I found this record and thrilled his granddaughter.
It made me so happy to share and to help her. Thank you for the info and so much for the form letter. I truely appreciate your time and advice. 
- 27 Apr 2011, 23:23
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Obtaining Italian Records
- Replies: 8
- Views: 5273
Obtaining Italian Records
I have found a great uncle in ship manifest through Ellis Island and on Ancestry. His Italian name was Luigi Davito Gara born May 5 1892. He lists his residence as Rocca Canavese and his father also in Rocca is Michale Davito Gara. With this information is it possible to obtain Italian records ...
- 28 Mar 2011, 22:03
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need Help Reading an Italian Name
- Replies: 26
- Views: 13618
Re: Need Help Reading an Italian Name
Just search for anything that could be the right name? Because I dont know what to look for here...and wouldnt they be in Italian?
- 28 Mar 2011, 21:45
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need Help Reading an Italian Name
- Replies: 26
- Views: 13618
Re: Need Help Reading an Italian Name
Yes I have. I even went as far as to write to all Concordias in and around Turin. That didnt lead anywhere. 
- 28 Mar 2011, 21:39
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need Help Reading an Italian Name
- Replies: 26
- Views: 13618
Re: Need Help Reading an Italian Name
This may be a stretch but, why don't you take a look at these records.
http://www.jewishgen.org/databases/EIDB/engine/gold.php?uid=12799334770311279933491234&referrer=httpwww.jewishgen.orgdatabasesEIDBellisgold.html&mode=running&time=1301348082459&arrivalPort=ellisgold&firstkind=close&FNM=s&kind ...
http://www.jewishgen.org/databases/EIDB/engine/gold.php?uid=12799334770311279933491234&referrer=httpwww.jewishgen.orgdatabasesEIDBellisgold.html&mode=running&time=1301348082459&arrivalPort=ellisgold&firstkind=close&FNM=s&kind ...
- 28 Mar 2011, 21:36
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need Help Reading an Italian Name
- Replies: 26
- Views: 13618
Re: Need Help Reading an Italian Name
Now you see why I need Help! The marriage license isnt online that I can find. Went straight to the court house and found it.
This is about all the info I have... I do have census and naturalization papers but he didnt become a citzen until he was 71. And even then..he said they gave him another ...
This is about all the info I have... I do have census and naturalization papers but he didnt become a citzen until he was 71. And even then..he said they gave him another ...
- 28 Mar 2011, 21:08
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need Help Reading an Italian Name
- Replies: 26
- Views: 13618
Re: Need Help Reading an Italian Name
Yes I have all of those. I just thought the older document would be closer to the Real Italian Name.?!?!?
- 28 Mar 2011, 20:39
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need Help Reading an Italian Name
- Replies: 26
- Views: 13618
Re: Need Help Reading an Italian Name
Could it be Giovanni Stephanie?
- 28 Mar 2011, 20:35
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need Help Reading an Italian Name
- Replies: 26
- Views: 13618
Re: Need Help Reading an Italian Name
My cousin just shared a new story with me.. there was a story that Papa always told us about when Grandpa went to get a job in the mines. When they tried to get his name he kept telling them " G...I...O" like he was spelling it, have you heard that story
- 28 Mar 2011, 20:23
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need Help Reading an Italian Name
- Replies: 26
- Views: 13618
- 28 Mar 2011, 20:12
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need Help Reading an Italian Name
- Replies: 26
- Views: 13618
- 28 Mar 2011, 19:34
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need Help Reading an Italian Name
- Replies: 26
- Views: 13618
Re: Need Help Reading an Italian Name
Name wouldve been given verbally but in a Heavy Italian accent. I would think the name is written first then last because the wifes name is written first then last. All I can make is is something along the lines of Concordiano Stephano. I appreciate any and all input. Thank you all so much.
- 28 Mar 2011, 14:01
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need Help Reading an Italian Name
- Replies: 26
- Views: 13618
Need Help Reading an Italian Name
My great great grandfather was born in Turin, Italy about 1870. He immigrated in the mid 1890's and his Italian name became so distorted that we (his family) are unable to find records. The oldest record that I have is his marriage license..and the name is different on every line. It was written for ...