Search found 14 matches

by msilingo
15 Nov 2011, 20:12
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Malvito ?
Replies: 1
Views: 1069

Malvito ?

Can anyone tell me how to determine when a commune was originally established. I am trying to determine when Malvito Italy was originally established and cannot find any links to this information.
Thank you for any help
Marie
by msilingo
21 Sep 2011, 20:02
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Scilingo
Replies: 4
Views: 1184

Re: Scilingo

The birth record was from 1885 and only list his birth name, date of birth and parents names
by msilingo
21 Sep 2011, 02:03
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Scilingo
Replies: 4
Views: 1184

Scilingo

Last month I received a birth certificate for my husband's grandfather, Luigi Scilingo, from Malvito, Italy giving us the family link we needed. But during the search of the Malvito birth records we discovered another birth to the same parent's on the same day with the name Guiseppe Carmine Scilingo ...
by msilingo
15 Sep 2011, 20:48
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Scilingo
Replies: 13
Views: 3139

Re: Scilingo

Lst month I received the birth certificate for my husband's grandfather, Luigi Scilingo, from Malvito, Italy finally giving us a link for the family.But in our search we discovered that another child born on the same day and to the same parents named Guiseppe Carmine Scilingo. We are assuming this ...
by msilingo
04 Sep 2011, 23:46
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Civil records for Ponte Buggianese?
Replies: 5
Views: 3536

Civil records for Ponte Buggianese?

I am attempting to get birth records for my husband's Grandmother, Linda Teglia who imigrated from Ponte Buggianese on February 1, 1916. She was 18 years old at that time so I'm guessing her birth year 1898 or there abouts.

Can anyone tell me where to find birth records at? Her mother's name was ...
by msilingo
16 Aug 2011, 20:07
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Scilingo
Replies: 13
Views: 3139

Re: Scilingo

[quote="johnnyonthespot"]Congrats!

Don't be surprised if it turns out that Giuseppe Carmine was Luigi's twin brother.

To go back prior to 1800 or to fill in the missing blanks, your only real option is to continue requesting records from the Stato Civile office in Malvito. Thankfully, they have ...
by msilingo
15 Aug 2011, 21:41
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Scilingo
Replies: 13
Views: 3139

Re: Scilingo

Ahhh SUCCESS

Received a copy of Louis Silingo's application for a U.S. Social Security number and he listed his name as Louis Antonio Silingo and his mother's name as Rose Mandarino and father's name Ralph Silingo. Interesting that he listed his birth place on Petition for Naturalization as Malvito ...
by msilingo
16 Apr 2011, 21:52
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Scilingo
Replies: 13
Views: 3139

Re: Scilingo

Tessa, can I request a copy without his Social Security number? I can't seem to find any information on this man anywhere.
by msilingo
16 Apr 2011, 21:48
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Documents?
Replies: 3
Views: 990

Re: Documents?

Where can I obtain his naturalization papers from? Ancestry .com shows his name and date only.
by msilingo
16 Apr 2011, 03:34
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Documents?
Replies: 3
Views: 990

Documents?

My husband's grandfather came to the United States somewhere around 1902 but didn't file for his naturalization papers until March 31, 1939 at the age of 53. Not sure why he waited so long but we believe it was because he changed his name around 1910.

Does anyone know what type of legal papers he ...
by msilingo
16 Apr 2011, 03:25
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Scilingo
Replies: 13
Views: 3139

Re: Scilingo

Thanks again for all the help. I no longer have a subscirption with Ancestry.com but I seem to remember a Polk address on one of Louis Silingo's draft registration or naturalization forms. Seems like it was a witness.

I discovered yesterday that Louis Silingo was buried in Queen of Heaven cemetary ...
by msilingo
12 Apr 2011, 20:36
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Scilingo
Replies: 13
Views: 3139

Re: Scilingo

Thanks to all for the great resource help! I wish there were someone left alive in the family that knew either name of Louis parents and I could at least narrow it down in the Italian records. Not sure why he changed his name but he did use June 5, 1885 on his American draft record.
He named his ...
by msilingo
12 Apr 2011, 03:24
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Scilingo
Replies: 13
Views: 3139

Scilingo

Looking for any information or relatives of Luigi Scilingo,(aka, Louis Silingo) DOB June 5, 1885 married Florence Malloy( her DOB 9/1/1895)
Ellis Island Passenger record shows place of residence Malvito, Italy.
Age at arrival 17
Destination: Chicago, Illinois
Naturalization:March 31, 1939
Resided in ...
by msilingo
12 Apr 2011, 03:07
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Malvito Birth records
Replies: 2
Views: 1862

Malvito Birth records

My husbands grandfather was born June 5, 1885 in Italy. The Ellis Island ship manifest shows he was from Malvito. Where can I write to request verification of his birth?