Search found 25 matches
- 24 Sep 2013, 01:43
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help translating condizione in Italian Passport
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2518
Re: Help translating condizione in Italian Passport
Thank you! An easy one for a change.
- 24 Sep 2013, 01:32
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help translating condizione in Italian Passport
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2518
Help translating condizione in Italian Passport
Hi,
Can someone help me translate the last line (di condizione or vocation) of the following passport?
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7gLZR- ... sp=sharing
Thank you so much,
Bill
Can someone help me translate the last line (di condizione or vocation) of the following passport?
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7gLZR- ... sp=sharing
Thank you so much,
Bill
- 04 Sep 2012, 02:32
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Profession - Carafaro?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1849
Re: Profession - Carafaro?
Grazie Sabino!
- 03 Sep 2012, 03:24
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Profession - Carafaro?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1849
Profession - Carafaro?
I have what is hopefully an easy question. What is the translation of the italian profession "Carafaro"?
Thanks,
Bill
Thanks,
Bill
- 17 Apr 2012, 02:20
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Death record in Latin
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1703
Re: Death record in Latin
Thank you Livio for your help once again!
Bill
Bill
- 15 Apr 2012, 23:28
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Death record in Latin
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1703
Death record in Latin
I'm having trouble with a death record that I believe is written in Latin. The document was part of a processetti for a marriage in 1857, and it documents the death of Gennaro Rega, the paternal grandfather of the groom. Can anyone help me translate the details?
Here is the document:
https://docs ...
Here is the document:
https://docs ...
- 15 Apr 2012, 19:03
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with Processetti Consent Document
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2674
Re: Help with Processetti Consent Document
I see it now! I can't believe I couldn't make that out before. Thank you very much for your help!
Bill
Bill
- 15 Apr 2012, 14:15
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with Processetti Consent Document
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2674
Re: Help with Processetti Consent Document
Thank you for the response. The part that I am questioning is the 7th line on the 2nd page, the line before the one that mentions Carmine and Maria Giovanna. Maybe it doesn't say Luigi?
Thanks again,
Bill
Thanks again,
Bill
- 15 Apr 2012, 03:33
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with Processetti Consent Document
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2674
Help with Processetti Consent Document
Can anyone help me translate the following processetti document? I believe this document is the consent of Raffaela Vecchione to the marriage of her son Giovanni Rega to Angela Maria Rega, daughter of Carmine Rega and Maria Giovanna Nappo.
In particular, I would like to understand what page 2 of ...
In particular, I would like to understand what page 2 of ...
- 02 Mar 2012, 15:16
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Nola locations in mid 1800s
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1913
Nola locations in mid 1800s
I am researching mid-1800 Italian birth and marriage records from Nola, Naples, and I am trying to find where the roads or districts/frazione mentioned in the records are located within today's Nola. I haven't had a luck finding these on Google earth/maps. Does anyone know where these locations are ...
- 01 Mar 2012, 03:04
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Need help translating a few lines of a Promise to Marry act
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2177
Re: Need help translating a few lines of a Promise to Marry
That makes sense - thank you very much!
Bill
Bill
- 29 Feb 2012, 02:49
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Need help translating a few lines of a Promise to Marry act
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2177
Need help translating a few lines of a Promise to Marry act
I am struggling to translate a few lines from a Solemn Promise to Marry Act. Here is a link to the document:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7gLZR-qaHY9VjJzUXdQbHZSaGVvY3dTYUl3YllVdw
I need help with 2 lines in this document:
1)
...domiciliata col figlio, privo ancozo(?) di suo avo Paterno ...
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7gLZR-qaHY9VjJzUXdQbHZSaGVvY3dTYUl3YllVdw
I need help with 2 lines in this document:
1)
...domiciliata col figlio, privo ancozo(?) di suo avo Paterno ...
- 25 Oct 2011, 02:33
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surname ending letter changed from a to o?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 3962
Re: Surname ending letter changed from a to o?
A few ship's manifests which were created in Naples identify some of the siblings as Caiazzo. All of the male siblings that were naturalized in the USA used the surname Caiazzo in the naturalization papers. One female sibling still used the surname Caiazza when married in the USA in 1914.
- 24 Oct 2011, 02:51
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surname ending letter changed from a to o?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 3962
Re: Surname ending letter changed from a to o?
I have the birth certificates for my grandfather and all of his siblings. All were born with the surname Caiazza, and all eventually changed the surname to Caiazzo. I am certain this is the same family.
When they immigrated to America (different ships over the course of many years), some of the ...
When they immigrated to America (different ships over the course of many years), some of the ...
- 21 Oct 2011, 03:08
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surname ending letter changed from a to o?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 3962
Re: Surname ending letter changed from a to o?
Thank you for the information. Unfortunately I can't read Italian. Do you know when the town Caiazza changed its name to Caiazzo?
My Caiazza family members changed their name to Caiazzo roughly between 1890 and 1910.
My Caiazza family members changed their name to Caiazzo roughly between 1890 and 1910.