Search found 8 matches

by lombardo85
19 Oct 2011, 05:05
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Proving No Record of Naturalization
Replies: 20
Views: 14766

Proving No Record of Naturalization

Hi everyone,
I've asked a similar question before here, but I just want to double check a few things.

I'm looking to get citizenship GGF>GM>F(born 1950). Through my research, I have been unable to find proof that my GGF was ever naturalized. He came over as a minor so I'll need to also prove that ...
by lombardo85
30 Sep 2011, 22:41
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Certificate of No Naturalization / Name Changes
Replies: 22
Views: 8630

Re: Certificate of No Naturalization / Name Changes

Ugh, what a bummer! Every time I think I've reached the end of researching my GGF's naturalization, I hit some new hiccup. I guess that's just the nature of this process.
by lombardo85
30 Sep 2011, 07:25
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Certificate of No Naturalization / Name Changes
Replies: 22
Views: 8630

Re: Certificate of No Naturalization / Name Changes

My father was born in 1950 so all good there. My GGF did immigrate with his parents so I guess I'll have to check that as well.

After hearing some horror stories about the NYC consulate, I'm considering switching to the Newark consulate. I maintain a home in NJ and that is the address on my drivers ...
by lombardo85
30 Sep 2011, 06:48
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Certificate of No Naturalization / Name Changes
Replies: 22
Views: 8630

Re: Certificate of No Naturalization / Name Changes

I'll be going through the NYC consulate.

Also, my GGF was 7 when he arrived and I believe it was his first time in the US (I'd be amazed if it was otherwise.) Were there any differences in naturalization for a minor?
by lombardo85
30 Sep 2011, 06:25
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Certificate of No Naturalization / Name Changes
Replies: 22
Views: 8630

Re: Certificate of No Naturalization / Name Changes

So I should basically have 3 Certificates of No Naturalization, correct? From NARA, USCIS and the state.
by lombardo85
29 Sep 2011, 05:13
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Certificate of No Naturalization / Name Changes
Replies: 22
Views: 8630

Certificate of No Naturalization / Name Changes

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to get citizenship via F>GM>GGF. My GGF immigrated in 1902 to Trenton, NJ. I've searched NARA in NYC which has Trenton records from 1838-1967 and submitted a request to USCIS which came back negative for naturalization records even though I've listed several possible ...
by lombardo85
12 Aug 2011, 16:08
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: New to Jure Sanguinis with lots of ?s
Replies: 3
Views: 1388

Re: New to Jure Sanguinis with lots of ?s

Thanks for the advice - I have confirmed that we qualify (ggf never naturalized, father born in 50s). That was step 1 so as step 2, I'm looking ahead for other potential complications. I'm sure there will be many :)
by lombardo85
12 Aug 2011, 05:54
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: New to Jure Sanguinis with lots of ?s
Replies: 3
Views: 1388

New to Jure Sanguinis with lots of ?s

So I just started the jure sanguinis process (me>father>grandmother>greatgrandfather born in Villalba, Sicily) and am a bit overwhelmed with information of how to go about the process. I have a few questions and I was hoping that someone might be able to help me.

1. My 2 sisters would like to get ...