Search found 2 matches

by Fran_K
04 Oct 2011, 06:12
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Does "Cuisinzin, Calabrio" exist?
Replies: 7
Views: 3804

Re: Does "Cuisinzin, Calabrio" exist?

Thanks to you both, yes, Cosenza seems a very likely transliteration, I'll happily add that to my notes.

My great-grandfather was listed on the US April 1930 census, and other documents, as Frank Magnone. Frank was short for Francisco, I believe, and I was named Francis after him. He was born on 2 ...
by Fran_K
03 Oct 2011, 05:46
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Does "Cuisinzin, Calabrio" exist?
Replies: 7
Views: 3804

Does "Cuisinzin, Calabrio" exist?

I've been researching family history and found some paperwork for my great grandfather that lists his birth (1878) taking place in "Cuisinzin, Calabrio, Italy". He was illiterate and was not a great English speaker and I assume that the person who took down the words probably had no idea of proper ...