Thank you to those who have so kindly provided me with sugestions.
At least I have some options to explore.
(I'm not sure of my next steps in terms of trying to contact the relevant towns or communes, however I assume there will be enough advise/guidance elsewhere within this website for me to ...
Search found 4 matches
- 19 Oct 2011, 11:06
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Ponsana?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 2884
- 18 Oct 2011, 18:11
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Ponsana?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 2884
Re: Ponsana?
Hi Suanj
The only references I've got for him are under the name Thomas SMITH. He may be in the 1841 census but I have not found him.
He appears for the first time in the mid 1840s in Taunton, and then in 1851 he has two sons - Antonio and Corley - both born in England.
His father's name may be ...
The only references I've got for him are under the name Thomas SMITH. He may be in the 1841 census but I have not found him.
He appears for the first time in the mid 1840s in Taunton, and then in 1851 he has two sons - Antonio and Corley - both born in England.
His father's name may be ...
- 18 Oct 2011, 17:44
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Ponsana?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 2884
Re: Ponsana?
Hi Tessa
Thanks for the suggestion.
If it helps I am attaching an image for the 1851 census that someone kindly sent me.
I'm not sure if you can make it out.
Regards
Paul
Thanks for the suggestion.
If it helps I am attaching an image for the 1851 census that someone kindly sent me.
I'm not sure if you can make it out.
Regards
Paul
- 18 Oct 2011, 13:45
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Ponsana?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 2884
Ponsana?
Hi,
I am trying to locate a place in Italy based on an entry in the 1851 census for England.
The entry is for a Thomas SMITH, who was living in Honiton, Devon. The entry appears to show his birthplace as a Ponsana, Italy.
I cannot find such a place, I suspect that either the pronunciation was ...
I am trying to locate a place in Italy based on an entry in the 1851 census for England.
The entry is for a Thomas SMITH, who was living in Honiton, Devon. The entry appears to show his birthplace as a Ponsana, Italy.
I cannot find such a place, I suspect that either the pronunciation was ...