I am having a hard time reading this one.
As with the previous record I submitted the father appears to be Nicola Rossi, but I can't figure out if the mother is the same- Lucia Bianchi?
Is birthdate 6 April?
Thank you
Top left
http://s18.postimage.org/57q51nusl/Caserta_Campania_Italy_Civil ...
Search found 24 matches
- 07 Jan 2012, 02:38
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with this one too please
- Replies: 1
- Views: 915
- 07 Jan 2012, 01:52
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help translating please
- Replies: 1
- Views: 943
Help translating please
I need some help clarifying information here.
Gaetano Rossi
Birthdate: 21 may 1877, 7:30 am?
Parents: Nicola and Lucia Bianchi
There is a notation over to the left that I can't even begin to make out. Anyone care to figure this out for me? :D Anything else important I am missing?
Thank you!
Bottom ...
Gaetano Rossi
Birthdate: 21 may 1877, 7:30 am?
Parents: Nicola and Lucia Bianchi
There is a notation over to the left that I can't even begin to make out. Anyone care to figure this out for me? :D Anything else important I am missing?
Thank you!
Bottom ...
- 30 Nov 2011, 16:02
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Italian citizenship and residency question?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1618
Re: Italian citizenship and residency question?
Thanks for replying! I realized when I just read my post over that I wasn't very clear on what I am doing!
Yes, I am applying jus sanguinis. Because of the eligibility requirements- my grandfather and great grandfather were both born in Italy and were Italian citizens, I think I can do it this way ...
Yes, I am applying jus sanguinis. Because of the eligibility requirements- my grandfather and great grandfather were both born in Italy and were Italian citizens, I think I can do it this way ...
- 28 Nov 2011, 01:15
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Italian citizenship and residency question?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1618
Italian citizenship and residency question?
I am the last one in my family (except my brother who is in no way interested) eligible for dual citizenship to Italy.
I am going to begin the process over the winter, and have most documents in place now.
My question is: After I have all documents in place and sent to the proper authorities is ...
I am going to begin the process over the winter, and have most documents in place now.
My question is: After I have all documents in place and sent to the proper authorities is ...
- 16 Nov 2011, 17:48
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: What were occupations?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2762
Re: What were occupations?
Thanks for your replies! 
I wonder if the towns kept a directory for that? Would anyone know? It would be interesting to find out.
I wonder if the towns kept a directory for that? Would anyone know? It would be interesting to find out.
- 15 Nov 2011, 17:34
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: What were occupations?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2762
What were occupations?
Just curious if anyone knows!
For example, my great grandfathers and great great grandfather during the mid to 1800's. Just wondering what their occupations might have been when they lived in a town or village (Petrulo, Calvi Risorta). I know I've come across possidente numerous times, but I am ...
For example, my great grandfathers and great great grandfather during the mid to 1800's. Just wondering what their occupations might have been when they lived in a town or village (Petrulo, Calvi Risorta). I know I've come across possidente numerous times, but I am ...
- 13 Nov 2011, 14:36
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Very confusing! 2 different birth records for same person?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1314
Very confusing! 2 different birth records for same person?
In trying to find all of my great grandmother's siblings, I first came across one sister, MARTA Pitocchi the other day. I saved her birth record, and then last night I came across another birth record for her, but in a different year! I do know that sometimes parents had a baby who died and then the ...
- 13 Nov 2011, 13:44
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: where do I begin? I only have a name?!
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1359
Re: where do I begin? I only have a name?!
Oh yes, and keep in mind that in all likelihood your ancestors followed Italian naming traditions- first born sons named after paternal grandfather, and first born daughters named after paternal grandmother. This helped me out a lot, and really was true for the most part!
- 13 Nov 2011, 13:33
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: where do I begin? I only have a name?!
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1359
Re: where do I begin? I only have a name?!
Hi,
You can do it, it might just take some hard work and perseverance! :D
You have names.... first and last? You have a general idea of where they came from you say?
You can try to determine approximately when they were born by when their children were born. If you know definite number of children ...
You can do it, it might just take some hard work and perseverance! :D
You have names.... first and last? You have a general idea of where they came from you say?
You can try to determine approximately when they were born by when their children were born. If you know definite number of children ...
- 13 Nov 2011, 03:08
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translating death records
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1591
Re: Translating death records
Thank you very much!
He was much older than I thought!
He was much older than I thought!
- 13 Nov 2011, 02:43
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translating death records
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1591
Translating death records
I've been doing great translating birth records, and still learning about the marriage records, but this death record has me all confused!
I keep seeing "compars" or "comparsi" in these records, and it really has me confused. Sometimes I think it means father or parent, other times I know it doesn ...
I keep seeing "compars" or "comparsi" in these records, and it really has me confused. Sometimes I think it means father or parent, other times I know it doesn ...
- 13 Nov 2011, 02:38
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: One more birth record- help please!
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1625
Re: One more birth record- help please!
Thank you that's great for having in the family history!
- 11 Nov 2011, 23:02
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: One more birth record- help please!
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1625
Re: One more birth record- help please!
Thank you! Anything else important I might be missing?
- 11 Nov 2011, 16:27
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: One more birth record- help please!
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1625
One more birth record- help please!
I really appreciate all the clarification I am getting for what I am seeing!
This is my great grandfather Giuseppe Martino. Born 28 April 1868. Son of Pietro Martino and Margherita Sangiovanni.
It looks like Pietro is 32 years old, but I can't tell how old Margherita is.
Pietro is the son of the ...
This is my great grandfather Giuseppe Martino. Born 28 April 1868. Son of Pietro Martino and Margherita Sangiovanni.
It looks like Pietro is 32 years old, but I can't tell how old Margherita is.
Pietro is the son of the ...
- 11 Nov 2011, 13:38
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: A few questions about this one!
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1969
A few questions about this one!
This is my great grandmother Assunta Enrica Palmieri. I am reading her date of birth: 24 October, 1869, father's name is Giovanni Palmieri, mother is Teresa Izzo.
I can't quite read Giovanni's fathers name, can anyone figure it out? His mother's name appears to be Maria Santillo? Teresa's fathers ...
I can't quite read Giovanni's fathers name, can anyone figure it out? His mother's name appears to be Maria Santillo? Teresa's fathers ...