Gonna have to tell them Italians over there to step it up on the online thing
Search found 15 matches
- 03 Apr 2012, 19:22
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surname of Spedicci
- Replies: 9
- Views: 2014
Re: Surname of Spedicci
Yes, I believe you or someone posted it on my original posting on this family earlier this year. Just haven't gotten to that part yet 
Gonna have to tell them Italians over there to step it up on the online thing
Gonna have to tell them Italians over there to step it up on the online thing
- 03 Apr 2012, 19:01
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surname of Spedicci
- Replies: 9
- Views: 2014
Re: Surname of Spedicci
Hi Tessa,
The Emilia you found had a maiden name of Butori, and oddly enough, Domenick, the nephew of Angelo, also married a Butori.
I talked with a cousin last night whose father was a son to Michael Castiglioni, and she said that even her dad never mentioned anything about Michael having a ...
The Emilia you found had a maiden name of Butori, and oddly enough, Domenick, the nephew of Angelo, also married a Butori.
I talked with a cousin last night whose father was a son to Michael Castiglioni, and she said that even her dad never mentioned anything about Michael having a ...
- 03 Apr 2012, 06:24
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surname of Spedicci
- Replies: 9
- Views: 2014
Re: Surname of Spedicci
:) I was just coming here to tell you about the old post and do a recap...
Three known brothers: (all 3 died in Butte, MT)
Michael A Castiglioni, b 1890-d 1987, arrived Apr 3, 1907.
Domenick Castiglioni, b 1886 - d 1963, arrived Apr 3 1903.
Silvio Castiglioni, b 1901 - d 1945, arrived Jul 8, 1923 ...
Three known brothers: (all 3 died in Butte, MT)
Michael A Castiglioni, b 1890-d 1987, arrived Apr 3, 1907.
Domenick Castiglioni, b 1886 - d 1963, arrived Apr 3 1903.
Silvio Castiglioni, b 1901 - d 1945, arrived Jul 8, 1923 ...
- 03 Apr 2012, 04:42
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surname of Spedicci
- Replies: 9
- Views: 2014
Re: Surname of Spedicci
Thanks again, Tessa. Perhaps I might get lucky trying that spelling 
- 03 Apr 2012, 02:08
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surname of Spedicci
- Replies: 9
- Views: 2014
Surname of Spedicci
In researching a great uncle by the name of Dominick Castiglioni, I came across his obituary that listed he had a sister, and her married name was Mrs. Amelia Spedicci.
We never knew there was a possible sister, and this was the first bit of information I came across that even suggested it.
I am ...
We never knew there was a possible sister, and this was the first bit of information I came across that even suggested it.
I am ...
- 02 Apr 2012, 22:35
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Lorenze (Lawrence) & Amelia (Emilia) Castiglioni - LUCCA
- Replies: 16
- Views: 5235
Re: Lorenze (Lawrence) & Amelia (Emilia) Castiglioni - LUCCA
@kLoveJoy...Yes, I'd love if you could send a copy of his pictures...that would be awesome. I am sorry I did not see this until now. Not sure why, but glad that I came back here and noticed your post.
- 31 Jan 2012, 23:09
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Cera??? Italy, Need Help Identifying
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2593
Re: Cera??? Italy, Need Help Identifying
Just looked at the links you gave, and seeing the location of Cerasomma goes along with another family story of how my great grandmother and grandfather came from the same area of Italy but never met until my great-grandfather moved to Butte, Montana and stayed at a boarding house that my great ...
- 31 Jan 2012, 23:01
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Lorenze (Lawrence) & Amelia (Emilia) Castiglioni - LUCCA
- Replies: 16
- Views: 5235
Re: Lorenze (Lawrence) & Amelia (Emilia) Castiglioni - LUCCA
Yes, I do have Silvio's manifest, and you are right, it never occurred to me about the age difference. I have been going on what has been told to me by family, and all the assumptions everyone 'thought'. I may be slow, but I do finally catch on
All part of the learning process I guess 
- 31 Jan 2012, 22:56
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Cera??? Italy, Need Help Identifying
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2593
Re: Cera??? Italy, Need Help Identifying
Tessa, that is so funny! I never even considered trying the S!
Thank you yet again
- 31 Jan 2012, 21:52
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Cera??? Italy, Need Help Identifying
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2593
Re: Cera??? Italy, Need Help Identifying
Wasn't sure the previous post would allow to see the images correctly or close enough, these are the direct links
http://s19.postimage.org/nwu8iz1mb/Adele_Casini_New_York_Passenger_Lists_1903_1starriv.jpg Direct Link to Larger File for Adele
http://s19.postimage.org/dbad6yvar/Georgia_Castiglioni ...
http://s19.postimage.org/nwu8iz1mb/Adele_Casini_New_York_Passenger_Lists_1903_1starriv.jpg Direct Link to Larger File for Adele
http://s19.postimage.org/dbad6yvar/Georgia_Castiglioni ...
- 31 Jan 2012, 21:40
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Cera??? Italy, Need Help Identifying
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2593
Cera??? Italy, Need Help Identifying
I am hoping someone can help identify, from these two Passenger Manifest files, the towns/villages that two of my ancestors are from. The two files are of sisters who came over seperately.
http://s19.postimage.org/cup5kj7jj/Adele_Casini_New_York_Passenger_Lists_1903_1starriv.jpg
The above image ...
http://s19.postimage.org/cup5kj7jj/Adele_Casini_New_York_Passenger_Lists_1903_1starriv.jpg
The above image ...
- 31 Jan 2012, 17:02
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Lorenze (Lawrence) & Amelia (Emilia) Castiglioni - LUCCA
- Replies: 16
- Views: 5235
Re: Lorenze (Lawrence) & Amelia (Emilia) Castiglioni - LUCCA
Something happened to my posts from yesterday, they were there last night, and now they are gone. Here is a summary of what I posted:
http://s19.postimage.org/qy26ql4a7/Angelo_Emilia_Castiglioni_Marriage_2.jpg
Angelo's Marriage License showing Dominick as his father
http://s19.postimage.org ...
http://s19.postimage.org/qy26ql4a7/Angelo_Emilia_Castiglioni_Marriage_2.jpg
Angelo's Marriage License showing Dominick as his father
http://s19.postimage.org ...
- 30 Jan 2012, 03:37
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Lorenze (Lawrence) & Amelia (Emilia) Castiglioni - LUCCA
- Replies: 16
- Views: 5235
Re: Lorenzo (Lawrence) & Amelia (Emilia) Castiglioni - LUCCA
It wouldn't let me post a picture. Kept saying the board attachment limit has been reached.
I had Silvio's (Sylvio) marriage license to show how he listed his father as Lawrence and his mother as Amelia
I had Silvio's (Sylvio) marriage license to show how he listed his father as Lawrence and his mother as Amelia
- 30 Jan 2012, 03:35
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Lorenze (Lawrence) & Amelia (Emilia) Castiglioni - LUCCA
- Replies: 16
- Views: 5235
Re: Lorenze (Lawrence) & Amelia (Emilia) Castiglioni - LUCCA
Tessa,
Hi, and thank you for the welcome. I'm sorry that I just now saw all your posts. I have to also apologize that I wasn't very clear in my request. However, you are correct in all that you have posted, but where I am stuck is beyond all the brothers, from the parents, Lorenzo and Amelia, and ...
Hi, and thank you for the welcome. I'm sorry that I just now saw all your posts. I have to also apologize that I wasn't very clear in my request. However, you are correct in all that you have posted, but where I am stuck is beyond all the brothers, from the parents, Lorenzo and Amelia, and ...
- 29 Jan 2012, 18:17
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Lorenze (Lawrence) & Amelia (Emilia) Castiglioni - LUCCA
- Replies: 16
- Views: 5235
Lorenze (Lawrence) & Amelia (Emilia) Castiglioni - LUCCA
I was pointed to this website from a post I made on the genealogy section of Craiglist. I am a paid user of Ancestry.com and have been at a dead end road in my Italian ancestry search. The following family is who I am searching for, and am wondering if anyone may have any clues or tips:
Several ...
Several ...