suanj,
Would you please translate this for me? I know it is for the Lucia Bavuso that is the subject of much of my discussion here, born in 1845. I'm curious what it says after it mentions her parents and that she was a spinner and lived in Gallicchio. I can't make out the work, it looks a bit like ...
Search found 12 matches
- 17 Nov 2016, 20:06
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for family info/Italian relatives...
- Replies: 28
- Views: 9211
- 17 Nov 2016, 15:48
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for family info/Italian relatives...
- Replies: 28
- Views: 9211
Re: Looking for family info/Italian relatives...
Interesting. Thanks for the info and for all of your help. It is very much appreciated!
Jerry
Jerry
- 17 Nov 2016, 14:05
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for family info/Italian relatives...
- Replies: 28
- Views: 9211
Re: Looking for family info/Italian relatives...
Regarding Pierluigi Benso, why do you think he was given the surname Benso? Could she have known who the father was and gave him his surname or was it a random surname given to him since his father was unknown? I've done a small amount of research on "foundlings" in that time period and it seems the ...
- 16 Nov 2016, 20:46
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for family info/Italian relatives...
- Replies: 28
- Views: 9211
Re: Looking for family info/Italian relatives...
Would someone be so kind as to translate this birth record? It's for Rosa Bavusi in 1871, daughter of Lucia Bavusi, daughter of deceased Giuseppe. I'm thinking that the Lucia Bavusi could be the Lucia Bavuso that I'm searching for. I can't quite make everything out and was curious as to whether it ...
- 16 Nov 2016, 20:04
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for family info/Italian relatives...
- Replies: 28
- Views: 9211
Re: Looking for family info/Italian relatives...
Suanj,
I'm beginning to think that the Lucia in my above post is not the correct Lucia Bavuso. I have found a marriage record for Lucia Maria Bavuso, age 19 (which corresponds with the one in my last mentioned birth record), and Pietro Vincenzo Montesano, age 42, in the year 1864.
http://www ...
I'm beginning to think that the Lucia in my above post is not the correct Lucia Bavuso. I have found a marriage record for Lucia Maria Bavuso, age 19 (which corresponds with the one in my last mentioned birth record), and Pietro Vincenzo Montesano, age 42, in the year 1864.
http://www ...
- 15 Nov 2016, 21:57
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for family info/Italian relatives...
- Replies: 28
- Views: 9211
Re: Looking for family info/Italian relatives...
Please note, I may be looking at the birth record incorrectly as I do not speak Italian (unfortunately). So I could have the parents incorrect.
Regards,
Jerry
Regards,
Jerry
- 15 Nov 2016, 21:55
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for family info/Italian relatives...
- Replies: 28
- Views: 9211
Re: Looking for family info/Italian relatives...
Suanj,
I'm thinking that her age was incorrect on the birth record as I have found a Lucia Maria Bavuso in 1845 in Gallicchio. What I find strange is that in the index it states her name as Lucia Maria Bavuso, but in the birth record itself it has Luvia Maria Cascino (or Cassino?). The parents ...
I'm thinking that her age was incorrect on the birth record as I have found a Lucia Maria Bavuso in 1845 in Gallicchio. What I find strange is that in the index it states her name as Lucia Maria Bavuso, but in the birth record itself it has Luvia Maria Cascino (or Cassino?). The parents ...
- 15 Nov 2016, 14:31
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for family info/Italian relatives...
- Replies: 28
- Views: 9211
Re: Looking for family info/Italian relatives...
Suanj,
Thanks so much for your help, time, and effort. It is very much appreciated. I'm assuming there must have been two Lucia Bavuso's in Gallicchio during that time as the birth record for Pierluigi Benso described in an above post states that Lucia was the daughter of the deceased Guiseppe and ...
Thanks so much for your help, time, and effort. It is very much appreciated. I'm assuming there must have been two Lucia Bavuso's in Gallicchio during that time as the birth record for Pierluigi Benso described in an above post states that Lucia was the daughter of the deceased Guiseppe and ...
- 14 Nov 2016, 19:05
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for family info/Italian relatives...
- Replies: 28
- Views: 9211
Re: Looking for family info/Italian relatives...
So, once again my interest in reseaching my ancestry has been sparked. I've been pouring over countless Italian death records, among other things, and have found that the mysterious Lucia B??? (see above) from my GGF birth record is Lucia Bavuso. Based on his birth record, Lucia was 36 years old in ...
- 25 Jan 2014, 03:02
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for family info/Italian relatives...
- Replies: 28
- Views: 9211
Re: Looking for family info/Italian relatives...
This is amazing. Thank you both for this information. It is really fascinating. I apologize for such a delayed response, but I really didn't expect any response to my original post. If I may ask, how did you find this information? I'm very interested in my genealogy and would love to find any ...
- 19 Mar 2012, 13:11
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for family info/Italian relatives...
- Replies: 28
- Views: 9211
Re: Looking for family info/Italian relatives...
I have recently discovered that my great grandfather's birth name was Pierreluigi Benso. He was found in a basinet in front of the Gallicchio, Italy post office. Any information would be great! Thanks!
- 01 Mar 2012, 18:33
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for family info/Italian relatives...
- Replies: 28
- Views: 9211
Looking for family info/Italian relatives...
I'm looking for any information on my great grandparents; Lui (Luizi) Benzi and Josephine (Giuseppina) Robertella. They were both from Gallicchio, Italy which is in the Potenza Region. Lui Benzi was born approximately May 1886 and Josephine Robertella in 1896. According to the birth record, Lui ...