Search found 10 matches

by ashevcarco
12 Aug 2018, 19:12
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for Piscopo Family from Acerra
Replies: 9
Views: 3284

Re: Looking for Piscopo Family from Acerra

Thank you for the Antonio information. Gives me more avenues to search.
by ashevcarco
12 Aug 2018, 00:08
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for Piscopo Family from Acerra
Replies: 9
Views: 3284

Re: Looking for Piscopo Family from Acerra

Additional info....I've been trying to find information on the Antonio Piscopo in Chicago in 1906, trying all different avenues, but I can't find him anywhere. That's why I'm thinking if I could find a brother for Antonio, that might be Giovanni's father.
by ashevcarco
12 Aug 2018, 00:05
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for Piscopo Family from Acerra
Replies: 9
Views: 3284

Re: Looking for Piscopo Family from Acerra

Thank you for these additional Giovanni's. I know the one who left in March 1906 is definitely him as those dates matched with what is on his naturalization paperwork.
by ashevcarco
09 Aug 2018, 04:51
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for Piscopo Family from Acerra
Replies: 9
Views: 3284

Looking for Piscopo Family from Acerra

My husband's grandfather was born Giovanni Piscopo from Acerra in February 1888 or 1889. He left for America in 1906 when he was about 18. The only information we have about his family is that he had an uncle Antonio Piscopo living (in 1906) in Chicago, IL. This was obtained from the ship passenger ...
by ashevcarco
20 Jul 2018, 22:27
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Passports
Replies: 1
Views: 1548

Passports

My husband's grandfather left Naples for the US in 1906 at age 18. Would he have had to obtain a passport in Italy before he left? Also, was there a minimum age someone had to be to travel alone?
by ashevcarco
04 Mar 2012, 18:08
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Can't Seem to Find City
Replies: 7
Views: 3898

Re: Can't Seem to Find City

I certainly appreciate all that you've done to help me in this search. I contacted another relative here to see if she can give me any other info at all about background. Don't think she has any but thought I'd give it another try anyway. Again, thank you.
by ashevcarco
04 Mar 2012, 01:59
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Can't Seem to Find City
Replies: 7
Views: 3898

Re: Can't Seem to Find City

I've been looking through some other information and it's possible his birthday was 2/28/1890. I think he ended up in Kansas City, Kansas prior to moving to Ilasco, Missouri. He had two brothers, both died young before 1940. He came to US with his father but his father went back to Italy.
by ashevcarco
04 Mar 2012, 00:00
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Can't Seem to Find City
Replies: 7
Views: 3898

Re: Can't Seem to Find City

No, don't know anything else about John Pisco's family (parents or wife). He ended up in Hannibal, Missouri working for the Atlas Cement Plant. There were many other Italians working there, too.
by ashevcarco
03 Mar 2012, 17:23
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Can't Seem to Find City
Replies: 7
Views: 3898

Re: Can't Seem to Find City

Here he was John Pisco, born 2/28/1888. All we know about him is that he came to the US at about 16 years old with his father. We don't know where he was born but were told he came from Naples area. His mother (don't know her name) died young. The draft registration card said he had one brother. I ...
by ashevcarco
03 Mar 2012, 07:11
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Can't Seem to Find City
Replies: 7
Views: 3898

Can't Seem to Find City

I'm looking at my husband's great grandfather's World War 1 draft registration card. He wrote for place of birth "Ucerre," or that's what it looks like (and it seems to be very clearly written). He was born 2/28/1888. I can't seem to find a town with that name. I think my mother-in-law said my ...