Search found 2 matches

by mariea1
15 Aug 2013, 19:58
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Calogero Vitanza - name meaning
Replies: 9
Views: 12910

Re: Calogero Vitanza - name meaning

Hi Timv I've been checking records for the past week and have to tell you my grandmother Maria Concetta Vitanza Ingrassia is not your Calogero Vitanza's sister. My grandmother's brother Calogero Vitanza remained in Sicily. I've learned a lot more about my family and also I think some things relating ...
by mariea1
07 Oct 2012, 19:29
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Calogero Vitanza - name meaning
Replies: 9
Views: 12910

Re: Calogero Vitanza - name meaning

Hi My understanding of the name Calogero in the Sicilian dialect is lily (the flower )My grandmother, Maria Vitanza Ingrassia had a brother Calogero Vitanza who came to the USA in the 1900s and lived for a time in Pittsburgh. They lived in Longi about 20 miles from S Agata. Does any of this sound ...