Search found 15 matches

by steff29
03 Jul 2013, 09:41
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Marriage record for Macari - Belfast 1894
Replies: 1
Views: 1091

Marriage record for Macari - Belfast 1894

Hello,

I am looking to find out all details surrounding the marriage of Emilia Macari in Belfast, 1894. I've been able to find the following details but nothing further so I can't prove this is a relative at found this moment. Ideally, if there is a way to find out a DOB or who she married, this ...
by steff29
01 Jul 2013, 14:05
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Please help - Can't find entry records to NYC from Liverpool
Replies: 7
Views: 3026

Re: Please help - Can't find entry records to NYC from Liver

Hi Tessa!

Thank you. Yes this tree is owned by my second cousin Ronald Macari! We're in touch with each other but no one in our large family has been able to track down the details of what happened to Emilia. Ah well, the search goes on!

:)

Steff
by steff29
01 Jul 2013, 00:19
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Please help - Can't find entry records to NYC from Liverpool
Replies: 7
Views: 3026

Re: Please help - Can't find entry records to NYC from Liver

Just wanted to add that the record you've found for an Emilia Macari in Belfast in 1894 could possibly be linked, as 1894 was the same year we know the family were in the UK and booked/due to depart from Liverpool to Philidelphia. Emilia would have roughly been 16 yrs at this time.

Rocco married ...
by steff29
01 Jul 2013, 00:08
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Please help - Can't find entry records to NYC from Liverpool
Replies: 7
Views: 3026

Re: Please help - Can't find entry records to NYC from Liver

I can't thank you enough for your help so far Tessa!

My GGF was Luigi Macari born 1888 in Casalattico, Frosione. His brothers and sisters were Rocco born 1869 - 1950 (died Australia) - The Amelia you found and have mentioned above is his daughter!, Emilia born 1879, Giuseppe born 1865 and Crescenzo ...
by steff29
30 Jun 2013, 19:17
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Please help - Can't find entry records to NYC from Liverpool
Replies: 7
Views: 3026

Re: Please help - Can't find entry records to NYC from Liver

Hello Tessa!

Thank you so much for this! I've never seen this before. We actually have to idea if they actually DID ever go to America or not as I've not been able to find any proof. Based on this and the fact their names are scored out on the passenger manifest, do you think that they perhaps ...
by steff29
28 Jun 2013, 21:51
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Please help - Can't find entry records to NYC from Liverpool
Replies: 7
Views: 3026

Please help - Can't find entry records to NYC from Liverpool

Hello everyone,

I've been looking and unsuccessfully trying to find entry records for my family to the port of NYC. My Italian relatives in question decided not to stay in New York and ended up coming back to Scotland (for reasons which are yet unknown!) Hoping you'll be able to help. Their details ...
by steff29
11 May 2013, 10:54
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Macari Family - Casalattico to Scotland
Replies: 19
Views: 14680

Re: Macari Family - Casalattico to Scotland

Hi Ursula,

That's excellent! Much appreciated :)

Looking forward to hearing form you soon,

Stephanie
by steff29
07 May 2013, 20:27
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Macari Family - Casalattico to Scotland
Replies: 19
Views: 14680

Re: Macari Family - Casalattico to Scotland

Hello Ursula,

I have some news....my great grandfather Luigi Macari was indeed born on 24/11/1888 and is the one which you mentioned above!

This afternoon I also received a reply from the anagrafe office in Casalattico and they've said that 'presumably' Luigi three brothers:

Rocco born 12/20 ...
by steff29
06 May 2013, 00:15
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Macari & Marcella - Scotland
Replies: 4
Views: 2777

Re: Macari & Marcella - Scotland

Hello Ann,

Many thanks for your reply. I've written to the anagrams office in Casalattico, yes. It was only around two weeks ago though so I'll probably just have to bide my time until I (fingers crossed!) am lucky enough to receive a reply. It's just so frustrating as I am so keen to find out more ...
by steff29
05 May 2013, 20:45
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Macari & Marcella - Scotland
Replies: 4
Views: 2777

Re: Macari & Marcella - Scotland

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for your reply. I've had an extensive look on Scotlands People yes but there are no records at all.

It's looking likely that the only way to find out what brothers and sister Luigi had is to go to the office in Casalattico.

Apparently there was also a connection with Lochgelly ...
by steff29
04 May 2013, 15:44
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Macari & Marcella - Scotland
Replies: 4
Views: 2777

Macari & Marcella - Scotland

Hi everyone,

I've just been the National Records Office in Edinburgh and at last, I got to see the death certificates for Luigi Macari and Peter (Alfonso) Macari.

[*]Luigi DOB 24.11.1888 - Parents noted as Angeloantonio Macari and Maria Macari on DR
[*]Peter DOB 1885 - Parents noted as Anthony ...
by steff29
11 Apr 2013, 08:58
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Casalattico Cemetery - Fusco & Macari Mother and Father
Replies: 3
Views: 2970

Casalattico Cemetery - Fusco & Macari Mother and Father

Hi everyone,

My great great grand parents were most likely buried in the Casalattico region in the 1920's. I was wondering where the cemetery would be located?

Unfortunately, I don't have their death certificates as I am awaiting their child's marriage act from Italy to confirm who they were. My ...
by steff29
07 Apr 2013, 22:08
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Macari Family - Casalattico to Scotland
Replies: 19
Views: 14680

Re: Macari Family - Casalattico to Scotland

Hello Stuart and Ursula,

Stuart, my Great Grandmother was Guiseppa Maria Fusco who was from Casalvieri in Frosinone - born in 1891, she married Luigi Macari - born in 1889, in 1911 and both came to Scotland shortly afterwards settling in Armadale, then Cambusnethan in Wishaw, Rosyth in Fife and ...
by steff29
01 Apr 2013, 19:22
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Macari Family - Casalattico to Scotland
Replies: 19
Views: 14680

Re: Macari Family - Casalattico to Scotland

Hi Marty,

Thank you so much for your kind reply and for helping me translate my request into Italian. I can't thank you enough.

I've now sent this request off to Italy so fingers crossed they are able to provide a copy of the marriage certificate!

Since I am still researching, I've discovered ...
by steff29
30 Mar 2013, 17:36
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Macari Family - Casalattico to Scotland
Replies: 19
Views: 14680

Macari Family - Casalattico to Scotland

Hi,

I am looking for information on the the Macari family who came from Casalattico.

My Great Grandpa Luigi Macari married Giuseppa Maria Fusco on 15 June 1911 in Casalattio and they came to Scotland in 1920 to live. He was born roughly in either 1888 or 1889.

We believe that Luigi had two ...