Search found 13 matches
- 27 Mar 2014, 09:18
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Birth certificate help-no reply to requests
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2488
Re: Birth certificate help-no reply to requests
Thanks! Any idea how I can find the phone number? I have the fax but not the regular line.
- 21 Mar 2014, 15:21
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Birth certificate help-no reply to requests
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2488
Birth certificate help-no reply to requests
Hello!
I've written twice, in Italian, to the civil office in Trivigno, Potenza, to request birth certificates I am 100% sure they have, and have not received a reply. I first sent my request in July, and then again in September. Each time I included the specific birth certificate details ...
I've written twice, in Italian, to the civil office in Trivigno, Potenza, to request birth certificates I am 100% sure they have, and have not received a reply. I first sent my request in July, and then again in September. Each time I included the specific birth certificate details ...
- 01 Jul 2013, 16:32
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: No reply from provincial office?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2843
Re: No reply from provincial office?
Brilliant! Thanks so much! Will try writing to them!
- 01 Jul 2013, 13:38
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: No reply from provincial office?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2843
No reply from provincial office?
Hi all
I wrote to the civil office in Trivigno, Potenza back in April requesting 2 birth certificates and a marriage certificate. I had all of the specific details included (date of birth, place of birth, parents names, etc) and haven't gotten a reply yet. I know they exist, as I have seen scanned ...
I wrote to the civil office in Trivigno, Potenza back in April requesting 2 birth certificates and a marriage certificate. I had all of the specific details included (date of birth, place of birth, parents names, etc) and haven't gotten a reply yet. I know they exist, as I have seen scanned ...
- 03 Apr 2013, 23:16
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Searching for birth and marriage certificates
- Replies: 12
- Views: 5053
Re: Searching for birth and marriage certificates
Amazing!
Thank you so much!
How strange that they share a surname. Does this mean they were relatives? I always thought her name was De Grazia, or De Grassi, etc. This is on her death certificate and part of our family history.
You are very good at this. THANK YOU AGAIN! It means so very much.
Thank you so much!
How strange that they share a surname. Does this mean they were relatives? I always thought her name was De Grazia, or De Grassi, etc. This is on her death certificate and part of our family history.
You are very good at this. THANK YOU AGAIN! It means so very much.
- 03 Apr 2013, 22:00
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Searching for birth and marriage certificates
- Replies: 12
- Views: 5053
Re: Searching for birth and marriage certificates
Wow, Suanj
This brought tears to my eyes. I've been searching for this information for years, and you found it so quickly! It is incredible how the surname changed over the years. Anna (my great-grandmother) died young, and my great-grandfather Nicholas remarried. My grandfather (also Rocco) left ...
This brought tears to my eyes. I've been searching for this information for years, and you found it so quickly! It is incredible how the surname changed over the years. Anna (my great-grandmother) died young, and my great-grandfather Nicholas remarried. My grandfather (also Rocco) left ...
- 03 Apr 2013, 13:02
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Deciphering a name on ship passenger list
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1791
Deciphering a name on ship passenger list
Hello all
I'm trying to find the town my great-grandfather was born in. He listed it on my grandfather's birth certificate as 'Trivina'. As I can't find this town on the map-I am hoping his ship's manifest can clarify. The ship departed from Naples and the image is here:
https://www.ellisisland.org ...
I'm trying to find the town my great-grandfather was born in. He listed it on my grandfather's birth certificate as 'Trivina'. As I can't find this town on the map-I am hoping his ship's manifest can clarify. The ship departed from Naples and the image is here:
https://www.ellisisland.org ...
- 03 Apr 2013, 12:32
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Searching for birth and marriage certificates
- Replies: 12
- Views: 5053
Re: Searching for birth and marriage certificates
Hi!
Lovely, thanks.
I know his name to be Nicholas Casurella. Although I have seen it listed on various forms like this:
Nicholas Casurella (death certificate)
Nicholas Casurello (on his US census form from 1940)
Nicola Casuriello (on his naturalization form)
Nicola Carosiello (I am pretty sure ...
Lovely, thanks.
I know his name to be Nicholas Casurella. Although I have seen it listed on various forms like this:
Nicholas Casurella (death certificate)
Nicholas Casurello (on his US census form from 1940)
Nicola Casuriello (on his naturalization form)
Nicola Carosiello (I am pretty sure ...
- 03 Apr 2013, 12:24
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Eligible though maternal grandfather?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2338
Re: Eligible though maternal grandfather?
Hi
Wow, thanks so much. What a relief. I'm hoping it is straightforward. I'm having trouble finding their Italian birth certificates, as I can't find they town they are from on the map (listed as Trivina on my grandfather's birth certificate).
Thanks again!
Wow, thanks so much. What a relief. I'm hoping it is straightforward. I'm having trouble finding their Italian birth certificates, as I can't find they town they are from on the map (listed as Trivina on my grandfather's birth certificate).
Thanks again!
- 02 Apr 2013, 12:44
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Eligible though maternal grandfather?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2338
Re: Eligible though maternal grandfather?
Hi
Thanks so much for replying to me!
Apologies, I see that I mis-wrote my email. My mom was born in 1945. So, she can qualify through her father and pass along to me then, correct?
Although I don't think her father was an Italian citizen at the time of her birth...--but he didn't renounce his ...
Thanks so much for replying to me!
Apologies, I see that I mis-wrote my email. My mom was born in 1945. So, she can qualify through her father and pass along to me then, correct?
Although I don't think her father was an Italian citizen at the time of her birth...--but he didn't renounce his ...
- 02 Apr 2013, 12:38
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Searching for birth and marriage certificates
- Replies: 12
- Views: 5053
Re: Searching for birth and marriage certificates
Hi!
Thanks so much for the reply! I also thought it might be that, but there are also places called:
Trivino Province of Como, Italy
Trevina, Firenze
Trevina, Toscano (the latter two aren't on google maps but seem to be in some Italian civil records).
I don't have the manifest, but I do have his ...
Thanks so much for the reply! I also thought it might be that, but there are also places called:
Trivino Province of Como, Italy
Trevina, Firenze
Trevina, Toscano (the latter two aren't on google maps but seem to be in some Italian civil records).
I don't have the manifest, but I do have his ...
- 01 Apr 2013, 14:54
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Eligible though maternal grandfather?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2338
Eligible though maternal grandfather?
Hi all
I'm a bit confused on something. Can I get citizenship through my maternal grandfather if my mom was born after 48?
My maternal grandfather was born in the US to two Italian citizens and my mom was born in 45. Can she pass on to me?
Also, my maternal grandmother was born an Italian citizen ...
I'm a bit confused on something. Can I get citizenship through my maternal grandfather if my mom was born after 48?
My maternal grandfather was born in the US to two Italian citizens and my mom was born in 45. Can she pass on to me?
Also, my maternal grandmother was born an Italian citizen ...
- 01 Apr 2013, 14:27
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Searching for birth and marriage certificates
- Replies: 12
- Views: 5053
Searching for birth and marriage certificates
Hello!
I'm looking for my great grandparents' birth and marriage certificates and am not sure what commune to write to.
On my grandfather's birth certificate (from the US) his parents both wrote that they were from Trivina, Italy . Does anyone know where this is or how to find out? Oddly Google ...
I'm looking for my great grandparents' birth and marriage certificates and am not sure what commune to write to.
On my grandfather's birth certificate (from the US) his parents both wrote that they were from Trivina, Italy . Does anyone know where this is or how to find out? Oddly Google ...