Hello Simone,
I have been searching (unsuccessfully) for my grandmother Filomena Rossi Deleppo who died in Waterbury New Haven Conn. around 1927. I know her brother was Pasquale Rossi, and a family member thinks they may have been from Foggia Italy.
Regarding your Dec. 5th and 6th, 2006 post:
Today ...
Search found 10 matches
- 21 Mar 2015, 22:50
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: DeLucia search
- Replies: 43
- Views: 27509
- 28 Sep 2013, 15:08
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Searching for; Deleppo, Del Cioppo, Rossi
- Replies: 26
- Views: 18855
Re: Searching for; Deleppo, Del Cioppo, Rossi
Hi Lisa,
Yes, we called them Aunt Jo(best torta rustica ever)and Uncle Al as well. Al was Mary and Ralphs youngest sibling, he was born in the US, as was the next youngest Anthony; great grandmother Michealina was pregnant with Anthony when they arrived, he was born a few months later in the US. The ...
Yes, we called them Aunt Jo(best torta rustica ever)and Uncle Al as well. Al was Mary and Ralphs youngest sibling, he was born in the US, as was the next youngest Anthony; great grandmother Michealina was pregnant with Anthony when they arrived, he was born a few months later in the US. The ...
- 25 Sep 2013, 13:23
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Searching for; Deleppo, Del Cioppo, Rossi
- Replies: 26
- Views: 18855
Re: Searching for; Deleppo, Del Cioppo, Rossi
Hello Lharmond4!
I will be on my way to work in a few minutes, so I'll write more later tonight. The above message from Enad#2 is a Torrington cousin, second of Phils' six children (5 living); I am Phils brother Don's (Dante) second of three girls, we used to see your family once in a while at ...
I will be on my way to work in a few minutes, so I'll write more later tonight. The above message from Enad#2 is a Torrington cousin, second of Phils' six children (5 living); I am Phils brother Don's (Dante) second of three girls, we used to see your family once in a while at ...
- 14 Jul 2013, 16:17
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Searching for; Deleppo, Del Cioppo, Rossi
- Replies: 26
- Views: 18855
Re: Searching for; Deleppo, Del Cioppo, Rossi
There is a Filomena Deleppo who died December 23, 1927 in Connecticut which is where my family lived, this might be my grandmother. Does anyone have access Connecticut records?
- 06 Jul 2013, 22:34
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Searching for; Deleppo, Del Cioppo, Rossi
- Replies: 26
- Views: 18855
Re: Searching for; Deleppo, Del Cioppo, Rossi
How exciting, this must be my grandfather! We thought he was younger because the Ellis Island manifest had him listed as 11 but he must have been 13 in Jan. 1900. Can we find out his address or parish in Campobasso from the listed information?
I don't feel so certain that Laura Filomena is my ...
I don't feel so certain that Laura Filomena is my ...
- 18 May 2013, 18:42
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Searching for; Deleppo, Del Cioppo, Rossi
- Replies: 26
- Views: 18855
Re: Searching for; Deleppo, Del Cioppo, Rossi
Suanj and John,
Thank you both! This is such wonderful news. I am very busy at work right now, but John I will be reaching out to you.
Thanks,
mimishell
Thank you both! This is such wonderful news. I am very busy at work right now, but John I will be reaching out to you.
Thanks,
mimishell
- 28 Apr 2013, 22:01
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Searching for; Deleppo, Del Cioppo, Rossi
- Replies: 26
- Views: 18855
Re: Searching for; Deleppo, Del Cioppo, Rossi
Hi Suanj and Tessa,
Thank you both so much. Raff not being the same person as my GF Raffaele does simplify things. And it now seems quite certain that Felice and Michelina Del Cioppo are my GGF and GGM. My question is; where do I go from here? Is a search for family history in Italy possible? What ...
Thank you both so much. Raff not being the same person as my GF Raffaele does simplify things. And it now seems quite certain that Felice and Michelina Del Cioppo are my GGF and GGM. My question is; where do I go from here? Is a search for family history in Italy possible? What ...
- 27 Apr 2013, 14:16
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Searching for; Deleppo, Del Cioppo, Rossi
- Replies: 26
- Views: 18855
Re: Searching for; Deleppo, Del Cioppo, Rossi
Suanj, thank you. All the variations on not just the last name (I've counted 7) but on the first names as well, it's a lot to take in. The biggest mystery is; did Ralph come to America in 1892 and if yes, who is Eufemia? It makes me wonder if Michelina was his biological mother or his stepmother? I ...
- 24 Apr 2013, 04:54
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Searching for; Deleppo, Del Cioppo, Rossi
- Replies: 26
- Views: 18855
Re: Searching for; Deleppo, Del Cioppo, Rossi
Hi Tessa78,
Wow! I'll try to answer in the same order, here goes...
Yes, I think Ralph's birth date was about 1889.
Yes, I think he and Filomena married in USA, but I don't know for sure.
Yes, Ralph lived in Waterbury with Grace his second wife.
I looked at the Ellis Island manifest for the 1892 ...
Wow! I'll try to answer in the same order, here goes...
Yes, I think Ralph's birth date was about 1889.
Yes, I think he and Filomena married in USA, but I don't know for sure.
Yes, Ralph lived in Waterbury with Grace his second wife.
I looked at the Ellis Island manifest for the 1892 ...
- 21 Apr 2013, 18:50
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Searching for; Deleppo, Del Cioppo, Rossi
- Replies: 26
- Views: 18855
Searching for; Deleppo, Del Cioppo, Rossi
Hello,
I am trying to find my Italian family roots on two fronts; my paternal grandfather's family, and his first wife, my paternal grandmother's family. I would be grateful for any help on either front. Here's what I know so far...
I think my grandfather, Ralph Deleppo may have actually been ...
I am trying to find my Italian family roots on two fronts; my paternal grandfather's family, and his first wife, my paternal grandmother's family. I would be grateful for any help on either front. Here's what I know so far...
I think my grandfather, Ralph Deleppo may have actually been ...