Search found 13 matches

by mjc
01 Jun 2013, 23:35
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Marriage of Giacomo & Maddalena
Replies: 1
Views: 1005

Re: Marriage of Giacomo & Maddalena

I want to reduce this request to just finding out about Giacomo Costa (Costa Zana). The only concrete reference I have to Carlo's family is on the manifest when he arrived in the USA in 1920, and he listed his father as "Giacomo Costa ana Cuceglio".
by mjc
01 Jun 2013, 19:15
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Marriage of Giacomo & Maddalena
Replies: 1
Views: 1005

Marriage of Giacomo & Maddalena

I am trying to find more about Giacomo Costa Zana and Maddalena Pastor Ris who had a son Carlo Costa Zana on 4/2/1902 in Cuceglio, Torino, Italy. Their marriage records may reflect information on their parents/families. I assume they married in the same area no later than 1901. I do not know of any ...
by mjc
30 May 2013, 00:49
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Forno family in Piedmont Italy
Replies: 10
Views: 4161

Re: Forno family in Piedmont Italy

Amazing help all of you. I now have a Grandma Guglielmina.
Thank you!
by mjc
29 May 2013, 22:23
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Carlo Costa-Zana
Replies: 5
Views: 3955

Re: Carlo Costa-Zana

Hello Maurizio,
OK - let's see how old you are. Carlo, his wife Effisia (Quillico) and daughter Madeline travelled to Italy to see family in 1937. Assuming you are younger that that, my sister Celeste Camagna travelled to Italy a few years ago. Madeline Costa Zana was our mother. Carlo immigrated to ...
by mjc
29 May 2013, 19:43
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Carlo Costa-Zana
Replies: 5
Views: 3955

Re: Carlo Costa-Zana

I should mention that when the family came to the USA, they went by the last name of Zana. In Italy, it was a double last name without the hyphen.
by mjc
29 May 2013, 19:34
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Carlo Costa-Zana
Replies: 5
Views: 3955

Re: Carlo Costa-Zana

Wow - I am having no luck finding any information about Grandpa Carlo and his family in Italy. If anyone has a thought - please let me know. I have found another spelling for his mother "Maddelina Pasto Reise", born in Italy. His father "Giacomo Costa Zano" born in 1738 in Ducati di Parma, Romagna ...
by mjc
28 May 2013, 22:59
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Carlo Costa-Zana
Replies: 5
Views: 3955

Carlo Costa-Zana

I am looking for information on my grandfather, Carlo Costa-Zana. He was born on 4/03/1902 in either San Giagio, Piemonte, or Cuceglio, Torino. His father was Jacamo (Giecomo) Costa-Zana and mother, Madeline Pastor-Riss. A Manifest shows Carlo arriving in the USA in 1920. I would appreciate any ...
by mjc
28 May 2013, 22:51
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Effiisia Quillico
Replies: 8
Views: 3484

Re: Effiisia Quillico

Thank you all....you have shared a ton of information - no one knew there was a family link between the two Effisia's.
Much appreciated.
by mjc
27 May 2013, 19:28
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Effiisia Quillico
Replies: 8
Views: 3484

Effiisia Quillico

My grandmother, Effisia Quillico was born to Rose Castelazzo and Valerio Walter Quillico on 02/22/1903 in Cuceglio, Piemonte, Italy. Can anyone check to see if her parents marriage is registered, and thus, her grandparent's names. Any other info will be much appreciated. I cannot find her listing ...
by mjc
27 May 2013, 19:14
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Forno family in Piedmont Italy
Replies: 10
Views: 4161

Re: Forno family in Piedmont Italy

Outstanding! Could you check for any birth records for the daughter Goldie? Again, I think that will be a nickname. She was born on 01/11/1897 to Ermegildo and Effisia Forno.
by mjc
26 May 2013, 21:03
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Forno family in Piedmont Italy
Replies: 10
Views: 4161

Forno family in Piedmont Italy

My grandmother, Goldie Forno was born in Piedmont Italy on 01/11/1897. Her father's name was Ermegildo Forno, and her mother was Effisia - but we do not know her maiden name. Does anyone have access to the records that could provide more information on Goldie. We only know her as Goldie, yet it ...
by mjc
26 May 2013, 20:39
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Family records for Camagna Monferrato
Replies: 6
Views: 2740

Re: Family records for Camagna Monferrato

Thank you so much Adlfio....on my first quest and you taught me so much. You will hear plenty more questions from me.
by mjc
26 May 2013, 00:25
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Family records for Camagna Monferrato
Replies: 6
Views: 2740

Family records for Camagna Monferrato

My grandfather, Vincenzo Ernesto Camagna was born on 10/30/1885 to Matilda Berana and Celeste Camagna in Montalero. I know nothing more than his parents names. Do you have a process to direct me to gain more information about Mitilda & Celeste. I am obviously new to this.