The wording "ignoti genitori" ("unknown parents") is usually used for foundlings; but there might be some chance that the declarants just did not know who her parents were. But in that case I would have expected the line to be left blank.
How did they decide on names for foundlings? Were there ...
Search found 25 matches
- 15 Sep 2014, 19:51
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: San Mauro Castelverde
- Replies: 9
- Views: 2958
- 09 Sep 2014, 22:18
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: San Mauro Castelverde
- Replies: 9
- Views: 2958
- 09 Sep 2014, 00:32
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Cannizzaro in Palermo
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1912
Cannizzaro in Palermo
I am at a dead end with my great great grandfather, Agostino Cannizzaro.
I know his name from my great grandmother's death certificate. She was born in NYC September 1, 1898. I cannot locate a birth certificate.
Her mother, Rosa Maria Zorbo, was born (1861) and had her first marriage (to Giuseppe ...
I know his name from my great grandmother's death certificate. She was born in NYC September 1, 1898. I cannot locate a birth certificate.
Her mother, Rosa Maria Zorbo, was born (1861) and had her first marriage (to Giuseppe ...
- 08 Sep 2014, 22:41
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: San Mauro Castelverde
- Replies: 9
- Views: 2958
Re: San Mauro Castelverde
I have her death record, but unfortunately no parents are listed. She died in Sclafani Bagni, her husband's birthplace.
- 07 Sep 2014, 01:10
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: San Mauro Castelverde
- Replies: 9
- Views: 2958
San Mauro Castelverde
My 3rd great-grandmother was born there about 1816. The microfilmed records do not go back that far.
I would like to write to the town/comune in search of her birth record. Can anyone give me the correct address?
I would like to write to the town/comune in search of her birth record. Can anyone give me the correct address?
- 28 Jul 2014, 22:30
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Bartolo Granata: two marriages
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1295
Re: Bartolo Granata: two marriages
Thank you, now I understand!
- 25 Jul 2014, 23:09
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Bartolo Granata: two marriages
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1295
Bartolo Granata: two marriages
I am quite confused by this marriage record that I found.
One of my gggrandfather's sisters, Giuseppa Leone, married Bartolo Granata in September 1884 in Sclafani Bagni.
However, there is a second marriage record for Bartolo, dated just a month earlier. In this record, Bartolo (same age, same ...
One of my gggrandfather's sisters, Giuseppa Leone, married Bartolo Granata in September 1884 in Sclafani Bagni.
However, there is a second marriage record for Bartolo, dated just a month earlier. In this record, Bartolo (same age, same ...
- 09 Mar 2014, 16:21
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need help translating note on birth record
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1361
Re: Need help translating note on birth record
Perhaps the father was in the United States. Members of the family traveled back and forth quite a bit around this time period.
Thank you!
Thank you!
- 09 Mar 2014, 16:03
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need help translating note on birth record
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1361
Need help translating note on birth record
This is the birth record of my great-great grandmother's sister. There is a long note at the bottom after the names of the witnesses. I was hoping someone would translate it for me as it seems to reference my great-great-great grandmother.
- 17 Feb 2014, 22:39
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Desperate for assistance and information
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2694
Re: Desperate for assistance and information
This arrival record may reference the same family. It is from May of 1913, a month before the other record.
Arrival in New York of the SS France, departing from Le Havre.
Line #22 Luigia Bergonzi, age 17, single. From Pellegrino Italy, travelling to Braintree (near Boston) to meet a cousin ...
Arrival in New York of the SS France, departing from Le Havre.
Line #22 Luigia Bergonzi, age 17, single. From Pellegrino Italy, travelling to Braintree (near Boston) to meet a cousin ...
- 17 Feb 2014, 22:02
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Desperate for assistance and information
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2694
Re: Desperate for assistance and information
Tessa you are too quick! I was just about to post the same record.
I was wondering if perhaps Pellegrino referred to Pellegrino Parmense. It is in Parma, not far from the towns of Bore and Metti. It would be entirely possible for the family to have moved there for some reason after the children ...
I was wondering if perhaps Pellegrino referred to Pellegrino Parmense. It is in Parma, not far from the towns of Bore and Metti. It would be entirely possible for the family to have moved there for some reason after the children ...
- 07 Feb 2014, 21:40
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Uncertain marriage record; unusual format. Need translation
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1162
Re: Uncertain marriage record; unusual format. Need transla
Now I understand! Thank you very much.
- 07 Feb 2014, 00:10
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Uncertain marriage record; unusual format. Need translation
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1162
Uncertain marriage record; unusual format. Need translation
Hello All,
I do not usually ask for help with translation of records. If they are in a recognizable format, I can usually pick out the information I need. However this one is a little different and I think it pertains to a direct ancestor. I would appreciate help translating this one.
I was ...
I do not usually ask for help with translation of records. If they are in a recognizable format, I can usually pick out the information I need. However this one is a little different and I think it pertains to a direct ancestor. I would appreciate help translating this one.
I was ...
- 12 Oct 2013, 18:46
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Inguaggiato Scacciaferro surnames
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2277
Re: Inguaggiato Scacciaferro surnames
I have an Inguagiato ancestor from Valledolmo as well. Her name was Grazia, she was born around 1800 and married into my Leone family. My Leones intermarried with Barones and Manueles.
I don't have a clear enough picture yet to tell you if there is a connection, but if I find anything I will let ...
I don't have a clear enough picture yet to tell you if there is a connection, but if I find anything I will let ...
- 10 Oct 2013, 22:59
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Death record translation
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1040
Death record translation
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... :n10444851
Need help translating death record of Giuseppe Leone.
Need help translating death record of Giuseppe Leone.