Search found 6 matches

by movandevelde
11 Sep 2013, 00:26
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for info on the RISCILI family of Vicari, Sicily
Replies: 25
Views: 17221

Re: Looking for info on the RISCILI family of Vicari, Sicily

There are some inconsistencies here that have me a little nervous. The marriage of Simone Bongiorno and Domenica Pellegrino took place in 1890 (two years AFTER their daughter Vincenza Bongiorno was born). First of all, was this acceptable in that culture? Does it indicate anywhere on Domenica's ...
by movandevelde
10 Sep 2013, 17:23
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for info on the RISCILI family of Vicari, Sicily
Replies: 25
Views: 17221

Re: Looking for info on the RISCILI family of Vicari, Sicily

I found a ship manifest on EllisIsland.org from 1895 that shows a George and Francis Riscili coming over. I assume this is Giorgio and Francesco... I find it interesting that both Giorgio (Michelangelo's dad) and his brother came over to the US in 1895 but then when Michelangelo came over in 1901 he ...
by movandevelde
09 Sep 2013, 01:09
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for info on the RISCILI family of Vicari, Sicily
Replies: 25
Views: 17221

Re: Looking for info on the RISCILI family of Vicari, Sicily

I don't suppose either of you would be willing to translate the entire birth record of Michelango would you? I don't know Italian and am very intrigued as to what the rest of the record says....

Mark
by movandevelde
08 Sep 2013, 23:38
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for info on the RISCILI family of Vicari, Sicily
Replies: 25
Views: 17221

Re: Looking for info on the RISCILI family of Vicari, Sicily

Biff - that is the same date of birth that I had for Jennie Bongiorno so I think that's the winner!

Again - thanks to both of you.. you have made my day, big time!
by movandevelde
08 Sep 2013, 22:53
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for info on the RISCILI family of Vicari, Sicily
Replies: 25
Views: 17221

Re: Looking for info on the RISCILI family of Vicari, Sicily

Thank you both so much... this is absolutely awesome! I can't believe how much info you have given me in such little time.

Marty - I had my great grandmother's maiden name as Bongiorno - you listed it as Borgiorno... are you sure that I have it wrong? (it's very possible)

Mark
by movandevelde
08 Sep 2013, 16:05
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for info on the RISCILI family of Vicari, Sicily
Replies: 25
Views: 17221

Looking for info on the RISCILI family of Vicari, Sicily

My great grandfather, Michelangelo Riscili, came to the US from Vicari. He was born in Vicari in 1886. He married Jennie BONGIORNO (who I also think is from Vicari). I believe that Michelangelo's father's name was Giorgio and his grandfather's name was Giuseppe. I also believe that he had a sister ...