Search found 18 matches
- 20 Sep 2013, 18:49
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Tedesco/Laplaca early 1900s
- Replies: 22
- Views: 7136
Re: Tedesco/Laplaca early 1900s
Quagliana, interesting. Does this name have a meaning in Italian? Like how, for instance, Boccabella means beautiful mouth...
- 20 Sep 2013, 03:25
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Tedesco/Laplaca early 1900s
- Replies: 22
- Views: 7136
Re: Tedesco/Laplaca early 1900s
you said just on Maddalena..
I found the possible birth act of Maddalena sister:
Rosa LA PLACA born in Petralia Soprana on 8 Nov. 1889 #305, daughter of Giuseppe La Claca 33 old, farmer and daughter of Grazia Spinoso
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1961-27309-6377-48?cc=1947613&wc ...
I found the possible birth act of Maddalena sister:
Rosa LA PLACA born in Petralia Soprana on 8 Nov. 1889 #305, daughter of Giuseppe La Claca 33 old, farmer and daughter of Grazia Spinoso
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1961-27309-6377-48?cc=1947613&wc ...
- 19 Sep 2013, 04:17
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Belluscio/Geammateo early 1900s
- Replies: 13
- Views: 4885
Re: Belluscio/Geammateo early 1900s
This is why I like these forums, you're able to have another set of eyes and see documents in a different light. Thank you!
- 19 Sep 2013, 04:14
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Tedesco/Laplaca early 1900s
- Replies: 22
- Views: 7136
Re: Tedesco/Laplaca early 1900s
I believe tat is the right Maddalena La Placa, because her secopnd son was named Joseph... maybe on the ship's manifest she declared Rosario as first name of father, because.... maybe... his first name was Giuseppe Rosario..
suanj
Oh wow, how did you know that Madeline had a son named Joseph? He ...
suanj
Oh wow, how did you know that Madeline had a son named Joseph? He ...
- 18 Sep 2013, 20:15
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Tedesco/Laplaca early 1900s
- Replies: 22
- Views: 7136
Re: Tedesco/Laplaca early 1900s
I believe tat is the right Maddalena La Placa, because her secopnd son was named Joseph... maybe on the ship's manifest she declared Rosario as first name of father, because.... maybe... his first name was Giuseppe Rosario..
suanj
Oh wow, how did you know that Madeline had a son named Joseph? He ...
suanj
Oh wow, how did you know that Madeline had a son named Joseph? He ...
- 18 Sep 2013, 20:05
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Tedesco/Laplaca early 1900s
- Replies: 22
- Views: 7136
Re: Tedesco/Laplaca early 1900s
I think the best way is to verify birth act is to find info about her sister Rosa la Placa that's listed on the shipmanifest that Suanj posted do you have her married name by any chance?
Marty
If you're referring to Madeline's married name, it was Tedesco, but I am unaware of them being married ...
Marty
If you're referring to Madeline's married name, it was Tedesco, but I am unaware of them being married ...
- 17 Sep 2013, 01:32
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Daddazio/Femiani family tree
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2080
Re: Daddazio/Femiani family tree
Thank you Tess!!! Now, is it possible if anyone could help me find out info about Vincenzo's and Giustina's parents? I always have heard that both sides never really liked the children getting married.
- 17 Sep 2013, 01:28
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Belluscio/Geammateo early 1900s
- Replies: 13
- Views: 4885
Re: Belluscio/Geammateo early 1900s
It may be Francesco, only because if you look at the marriage info it says Manesco and Rosa. Now I cannot make out Rosa's maiden name on the original marriage document, maybe you can take a look at it (its located on the bottom left corner, once you click on the image on the web page).
https ...
https ...
- 17 Sep 2013, 01:18
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Tedesco/Laplaca early 1900s
- Replies: 22
- Views: 7136
Re: Tedesco/Laplaca early 1900s
Oh wow thank you guys. Now is there a way to translate the birth act? These names are all new to me, I feel bad that I can't confirm Madeline's parents' names. Also with the manifest, it says she was coming to Rochester, leaving her father Rosario in Italy... Should I rely n the info given in the ...
- 15 Sep 2013, 05:01
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Tognocchi - England & USA
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1800
Re: Tognocchi - England & USA
Ok not sure if you've seen this, but found this on Ancestry.com of your ancestors living in England. However, if is is them, they were British subjects by parentage, meaning that in earlier census you often saw an overseas birthplace, with 'BS' shown - typically meaninhg that the parents (or at ...
- 14 Sep 2013, 20:47
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Belluscio/Geammateo early 1900s
- Replies: 13
- Views: 4885
Re: Belluscio/Geammateo early 1900s
Yeah, I saw those too. I had gotten Antonio's parents' names from their marriage certificate that was also located on familysearch.org, in which his last name was spelt Belliscio instead of the spelling I am used to. Thank you for showing me these though. 
- 14 Sep 2013, 18:42
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Tedesco/Laplaca early 1900s
- Replies: 22
- Views: 7136
Re: Tedesco/Laplaca early 1900s
Oh I totally forgo to add this piece of information above, I am so sorry. Both sides of the family settled in Rochester, NY.
- 14 Sep 2013, 18:40
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Belluscio/Geammateo early 1900s
- Replies: 13
- Views: 4885
Re: Belluscio/Geammateo early 1900s
Oh I totally forgot to put this information above, I am so sorry. Both sides of the family settled in Rochester, NY.
- 14 Sep 2013, 18:37
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Daddazio/Femiani family tree
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2080
Re: Daddazio/Femiani family tree
Everything you found thus far has been correct, thank you so much! I believe Vincenzo is from Penne, Italy (that's what I was told/heard).
- 14 Sep 2013, 18:35
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Daddazio/Femiani family tree
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2080
Re: Daddazio/Femiani family tree
Oh I totally forgot, I am so sorry. Both sides of the family settled in Rochester, NY.