Tessa, thanks for all of the links. This is the right family. I was fortunate enough to get death certificates for John and Rosa before familysearch discontinued their online services to get documents. My library had the citizenship papers. So much good information in them.
Gennaro arrived in April ...
Search found 10 matches
- 25 Oct 2015, 03:27
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Constance Porzio D'Agostino
- Replies: 13
- Views: 4141
- 24 Oct 2015, 22:53
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Constance Porzio D'Agostino
- Replies: 13
- Views: 4141
Re: Constance Porzio D'Agostino
It appears Constance's husband headed for a warmer climate after her death. Family search shows him in Broward County, FL with a death date of 14 Dec. 1991 and a birth year of 1904.
From property records for this county, he married again around 1972 to a woman by the first name of Grace. She died ...
From property records for this county, he married again around 1972 to a woman by the first name of Grace. She died ...
- 24 Oct 2015, 22:25
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Constance Porzio D'Agostino
- Replies: 13
- Views: 4141
Re: Constance Porzio D'Agostino
Tessa, the marriage announcement is GOLD! This is the woman I'm looking for. I had looked at both the Brooklyn Eagle and Fultonhistory and didn't see this. It ties directly to her father Gennaro (John). Her mother isn't mentioned because she passed away in 1930. And, yes, Margaret was her sister ...
- 24 Oct 2015, 21:16
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Constance Porzio D'Agostino
- Replies: 13
- Views: 4141
Re: Constance Porzio D'Agostino
This has really intrigued me. I took the address where the D'Agostino's lived per the 1940 census and it's only .1 of a mile from where she lived with her parents. I'm just betting it's her.
Ah, all the circumstantial evidence says this person is one and the same.
Ah, all the circumstantial evidence says this person is one and the same.
- 24 Oct 2015, 20:54
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Constance Porzio D'Agostino
- Replies: 13
- Views: 4141
Re: Constance Porzio D'Agostino
Thanks, for explaining how the name "Constantine" is related to "Constance". I never knew that.
So, this seems to be the couple although I can't substantiate it with any other piece of information.
I looked back at the 1940 census entry and noticed Constantine had three years of college. That ...
So, this seems to be the couple although I can't substantiate it with any other piece of information.
I looked back at the 1940 census entry and noticed Constantine had three years of college. That ...
- 24 Oct 2015, 03:42
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Constance Porzio D'Agostino
- Replies: 13
- Views: 4141
Re: Constance Porzio D'Agostino
Hi Tessa. Thanks for the links.
Circumstantially, I'm betting this is the same person, especially when the 1942 article mentions "Constance Porzio". She was married by that time, so perhaps the writer slipped by mentioning her maiden name.
As to Louis D'Agostino...he might be her husband or her ...
Circumstantially, I'm betting this is the same person, especially when the 1942 article mentions "Constance Porzio". She was married by that time, so perhaps the writer slipped by mentioning her maiden name.
As to Louis D'Agostino...he might be her husband or her ...
- 23 Oct 2015, 22:07
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Constance Porzio D'Agostino
- Replies: 13
- Views: 4141
Re: Constance Porzio D'Agostino
Yes, the 1930 census record is the correct one!
Now, the one for 1940, I'm not so sure. There is the difference in her age and her first name, but I know mistakes were made. The location is still Brooklyn, NY and that makes sense since her family was in that area.
I just don't have any other ...
Now, the one for 1940, I'm not so sure. There is the difference in her age and her first name, but I know mistakes were made. The location is still Brooklyn, NY and that makes sense since her family was in that area.
I just don't have any other ...
- 23 Oct 2015, 03:33
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Constance Porzio D'Agostino
- Replies: 13
- Views: 4141
Constance Porzio D'Agostino
This inquiry is a shot in the dark, but I'm totally frustrated! Here's what I know about Constance Porzio D'Agostino.
She was born Concetta Porzio to Gennaro and Rosa Fushino Porzio in November 1900 in Manhattan, NY. She was their first child. Gennaro had immigrated to New York earlier in the year ...
She was born Concetta Porzio to Gennaro and Rosa Fushino Porzio in November 1900 in Manhattan, NY. She was their first child. Gennaro had immigrated to New York earlier in the year ...
- 30 Sep 2013, 21:51
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Province Question
- Replies: 3
- Views: 6392
Re: Province Question
Thanks, Pippo, for educating me! So, Pulsano was indeed part of the Province of Lecce in the distant past. I looked for this before, including wikipedia, and there was no mention. I see you got this from the Italian wikipedia.
With your valuable information I will write a letter this week ...
With your valuable information I will write a letter this week ...
- 30 Sep 2013, 05:35
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Province Question
- Replies: 3
- Views: 6392
Province Question
I'm working with a Brooklyn, NY church marriage document from 1902 churchmarriage.jpg . The groom's birthplace is "Pulzano, province of Lecce". Now, I believe Pulzano is known as Pulsano. What stumps me is the province. From everything I've read, Pulsano is in the province of Taranto, not Lecce ...