So I have a line of my family, checked all the record sources available in America (vital, church, civil, immigration/naturalization, ship, etc) and haven't been able to find the place of origin for my family.
I've heard that seeing where the neighbors of the family were from, can help give hints ...
Search found 4 matches
- 09 Feb 2014, 18:16
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Finding the place of origin via neighbors of the family
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1409
- 22 Jan 2014, 06:32
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Need help finding a place of origin for my Italian family
- Replies: 5
- Views: 3003
Re: Need help finding a place of origin for my Italian famil
I checked. Caterina's family is definitely not from Salerno province. She had a brother Raffaele who didn't immigrate until he was 22, and his military conscription record is not found at all in Salerno province, nor Avellino or Caserta either for that matter.
- 20 Jan 2014, 22:27
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Need help finding a place of origin for my Italian family
- Replies: 5
- Views: 3003
Re: Need help finding a place of origin for my Italian famil
Thanks! I read your article. I've proceeded through just about all the suggestions you presented. I think I'm closer, but still no town or origin. I had a couple follow-up questions for you too.
My family has recently informed me the family was from northern Italy, "from the mountains", "closer to ...
My family has recently informed me the family was from northern Italy, "from the mountains", "closer to ...
- 10 Jan 2014, 21:01
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Need help finding a place of origin for my Italian family
- Replies: 5
- Views: 3003
Need help finding a place of origin for my Italian family
I have a line of my family that I can't seem to track down their origin in Italy. The surname is Pezzuti, and was sometimes spelled Pezzuto or Pizzuto.
The parents were Gaetano Pezzuti/Pezzuto/Pizzuto and Rosa Rizzo, and they had 2 known children, Raffaele born May 1857/58, and Caterina born June ...
The parents were Gaetano Pezzuti/Pezzuto/Pizzuto and Rosa Rizzo, and they had 2 known children, Raffaele born May 1857/58, and Caterina born June ...