Search found 10 matches
- 23 Jan 2014, 00:14
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: A town named "Archatura"
- Replies: 12
- Views: 4434
Re: A town named "Archatura"
Thanks. I also used the same email as a template for the other birth certificates I'm looking for.
- 22 Jan 2014, 23:54
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Need help with comune Addresses.
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1583
Re: Need help with comune Addresses.
I'll be sending in for my Great Grandparents birth certificates for a dual citizenship.adelfio wrote:
What are you sending for?
Marty
- 22 Jan 2014, 23:40
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: A town named "Archatura"
- Replies: 12
- Views: 4434
Re: A town named "Archatura"
Frank Garofalo #1,748,355
Private, Comapny C. 1st Dev. Battalion, 152 Depot Brigade
Camp Upton New York
Discharged 23rd August 1918
"Said Frank Garofalo was born in Archatura, in the state of Italy, When enlisted he was 28 10/12 years of age. By occupation a bootblack. He had black eyes, black hair ...
Private, Comapny C. 1st Dev. Battalion, 152 Depot Brigade
Camp Upton New York
Discharged 23rd August 1918
"Said Frank Garofalo was born in Archatura, in the state of Italy, When enlisted he was 28 10/12 years of age. By occupation a bootblack. He had black eyes, black hair ...
- 22 Jan 2014, 23:32
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Need help with comune Addresses.
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1583
Re: Need help with comune Addresses.
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Piazza Italia 1
89125 Reggio Calabria (RC)
ITALY
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Via Garibaldi, 138
88025 Maida (CZ)
ITALY
Help with letters of request in Italian...
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/italian-form-letter3.html
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3 ...
Piazza Italia 1
89125 Reggio Calabria (RC)
ITALY
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Via Garibaldi, 138
88025 Maida (CZ)
ITALY
Help with letters of request in Italian...
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/italian-form-letter3.html
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3 ...
- 22 Jan 2014, 22:54
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: A town named "Archatura"
- Replies: 12
- Views: 4434
Re: A town named "Archatura"
Yup that is him. My Grandfather is John. I went back to the Ellis Island site to search again now that I know what year he immigrated but I still didn't see him. So either he didn't come through Ellis Island(doubtful) or their online records aren't complete?
- 22 Jan 2014, 22:09
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Need help with comune Addresses.
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1583
Need help with comune Addresses.
Ciao. I have emailed my grandparents comunes to no response. Basically I emailed them asking the address for the ufficio dello stato civile and they haven't answered. The two towns I need are Reggio di Calabia and Maida, Calabria. Also what is the process once I get the addresses? If anyone knows ...
- 22 Jan 2014, 21:54
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: A town named "Archatura"
- Replies: 12
- Views: 4434
Re: A town named "Archatura"
Where did he settle in the US and his wifes name lets work are way back to find the information you seek
Marty
Okay he settled in Philadelphia sometime between 1900-1917 I believe. His wifes name was Theresa but I'm not sure of her last name. She was an Irish immigrant. I'm sorry that I don't ...
Marty
Okay he settled in Philadelphia sometime between 1900-1917 I believe. His wifes name was Theresa but I'm not sure of her last name. She was an Irish immigrant. I'm sorry that I don't ...
- 21 Jan 2014, 17:49
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: A town named "Archatura"
- Replies: 12
- Views: 4434
Re: A town named "Archatura"
Possibly the town of Accettura in Matera Province, which would be in southern Italy. What was your grandfather's name, as his surname may be clue to the town from which he came? Also have you located him on a passenger list, as the town name may be on that document? If you have his WWI draft ...
- 21 Jan 2014, 16:57
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: A town named "Archatura"
- Replies: 12
- Views: 4434
Re: A town named "Archatura"
His name was Francesco Garofalo and he was born approx. 1891. I have found a Francesco Garofalo from Accettura on a passenger list but the birth year doesn't match at all.
- 21 Jan 2014, 12:12
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: A town named "Archatura"
- Replies: 12
- Views: 4434
A town named "Archatura"
I've been trying to find out more about where my Great grandfather came from. The only document I have with a town is his WW1 discharge papers and they say he came from "Archatura." I've searched online for it an can't find one thing. I know he was definatly from the south. Either Sicily, Calabria ...