Search found 4 matches
- 03 Feb 2014, 22:48
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Comune can't find birth certificate- Next steps to take?
- Replies: 11
- Views: 5553
Re: Comune can't find birth certificate- Next steps to take?
@Tessa78: Thank you! I actually ordered his records from NARA awhile back, and unfortunately they don't say anything about his parents. I'll start searching for more information on his brother to see if that anything turns up 
- 25 Jan 2014, 01:45
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Comune can't find birth certificate- Next steps to take?
- Replies: 11
- Views: 5553
Re: Comune can't find birth certificate- Next steps to take?
@PippoM: I have his Ellis Island manifest.
@Jennabet: I'm positive I have the same person. It's a long story, but when he moved from Denver to LA, he changed his name. I have old papers of his that have his given name (marriage license, etc), and the name change is in his naturalization papers.
@Jennabet: I'm positive I have the same person. It's a long story, but when he moved from Denver to LA, he changed his name. I have old papers of his that have his given name (marriage license, etc), and the name change is in his naturalization papers.
- 24 Jan 2014, 08:37
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Comune can't find birth certificate- Next steps to take?
- Replies: 11
- Views: 5553
Re: Comune can't find birth certificate- Next steps to take?
Thank you for all of your responses!
I'm hoping that at I'll be able to find something with his parents names, but so far, no luck.
I'm 90% positive he was born in Cittanova, because that's what I always remember hearing, and that's what it says on his naturalization papers. But it could very ...
I'm hoping that at I'll be able to find something with his parents names, but so far, no luck.
I'm 90% positive he was born in Cittanova, because that's what I always remember hearing, and that's what it says on his naturalization papers. But it could very ...
- 23 Jan 2014, 01:26
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Comune can't find birth certificate- Next steps to take?
- Replies: 11
- Views: 5553
Comune can't find birth certificate- Next steps to take?
Hi,
I'm in the process of claiming citizenship via my Great-Grandfather, and there is only one document that can't seem to be located- his birth certificate.
I know that he was born in Cittanova- I emailed the comune on 16 December and received a letter from them last week explaining how there ...
I'm in the process of claiming citizenship via my Great-Grandfather, and there is only one document that can't seem to be located- his birth certificate.
I know that he was born in Cittanova- I emailed the comune on 16 December and received a letter from them last week explaining how there ...