Wow awesome appreciate the effort
Looks like i need to go down to my local FHC to access the earlier birth records for the rest.
Struggling to translate any other information from these documents. Do they by chance have any further details? Especially regarding parents birthplaces or ages in them ...
Search found 11 matches
- 17 Mar 2018, 07:32
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Ancestry Birth Record and Death record
- Replies: 23
- Views: 8597
- 08 Oct 2014, 17:56
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Ancestry Birth Record and Death record
- Replies: 23
- Views: 8597
Re: Ancestry Birth Record and Death record
Thanks a lot Marty, deeply appreciated.
I noticed family search does not have online entries around 1841 for Linguaglossa or Castiglione. What would be the next best step to finding these records? Should I send a request to the commune for the documents?
I noticed family search does not have online entries around 1841 for Linguaglossa or Castiglione. What would be the next best step to finding these records? Should I send a request to the commune for the documents?
- 01 Oct 2014, 15:40
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Ancestry Birth Record and Death record
- Replies: 23
- Views: 8597
Re: Ancestry Birth Record and Death record
Yeah at some point the name changed, I'm not sure for what reason, perhaps her husbands passing? Although it is spelt with 'Ch' on Antoninos birth certificate aswell, so it can't be. I'm not sure it looks like any records of her before that would be under Piazzitta though, using that surname tool ...
- 01 Oct 2014, 07:03
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Ancestry Birth Record and Death record
- Replies: 23
- Views: 8597
Re: Ancestry Birth Record and Death record
Well the rumours are he drowned in USA ( even though it was said he was one of the few that could swim) so I'm not sure if it's recorded, I will have a check and let you know
Thanks again Marty
Thanks again Marty
- 30 Sep 2014, 21:42
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Ancestry Birth Record and Death record
- Replies: 23
- Views: 8597
Re: Ancestry Birth Record and Death record
Thanks again Marty,
I believe they were his two sisters( they had more children but died when they were young). How would I find Angelos death certificate? He lived in New York City while he was there. Also how would I go about finding more details on Angelos parents?
Deeply appreciated,
John
I believe they were his two sisters( they had more children but died when they were young). How would I find Angelos death certificate? He lived in New York City while he was there. Also how would I go about finding more details on Angelos parents?
Deeply appreciated,
John
- 30 Sep 2014, 17:24
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Ancestry Birth Record and Death record
- Replies: 23
- Views: 8597
Re: Ancestry Birth Record and Death record
Wow really good work. This is a break through for me I never knew this.
At this time they were supposed to have lived in malpasso now modernly known as Verzella, where the closest commune was Castiglione. I believe he migrated with another younger brother. Apparently he had sent for them to come to ...
At this time they were supposed to have lived in malpasso now modernly known as Verzella, where the closest commune was Castiglione. I believe he migrated with another younger brother. Apparently he had sent for them to come to ...
- 30 Sep 2014, 15:37
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Ancestry Birth Record and Death record
- Replies: 23
- Views: 8597
Re: Ancestry Birth Record and Death record
Thanks for the quick response Marty.
Yes good find. I was also told that her name may be under Piazzitta but it slipped my mind, that is definitely her. On Antoninos birth certificate it appears as 'Chiazzitta' so I used that. Although even with that version of the name I can not find any other ...
Yes good find. I was also told that her name may be under Piazzitta but it slipped my mind, that is definitely her. On Antoninos birth certificate it appears as 'Chiazzitta' so I used that. Although even with that version of the name I can not find any other ...
- 30 Sep 2014, 13:55
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Ancestry Birth Record and Death record
- Replies: 23
- Views: 8597
Ancestry Birth Record and Death record
Hey I have done some family research and can only trace this side of my family back so far.
I am looking for the birth record of Angelo Cubito from Castiglione di Sicilia, Catania born 1871 presumably. He was married to Carmela Chiazzitta, I can not find any records from Catania on her(outside her ...
I am looking for the birth record of Angelo Cubito from Castiglione di Sicilia, Catania born 1871 presumably. He was married to Carmela Chiazzitta, I can not find any records from Catania on her(outside her ...
- 08 Feb 2014, 23:38
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: War papers translation - Santo
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1886
Re: War papers translation - Santo
Thank you guys so much!
This is awesome because it's a good first step to searching this part of my family tree. I will post back here once I get my hands on the military service document. In my email I am replacing registry di leva with, foglio di congedo illimitato, and registro di ruolo along ...
This is awesome because it's a good first step to searching this part of my family tree. I will post back here once I get my hands on the military service document. In my email I am replacing registry di leva with, foglio di congedo illimitato, and registro di ruolo along ...
- 07 Feb 2014, 23:37
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: War papers translation - Santo
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1886
Re: War papers translation - Santo
Thanks a lot for the quick response Marty.
Although I'm not sure what you mean? I included his birth year in the first email I sent them. I did notice you added it to my original email message to them so I assume that is the format they prefer to receive?
Is anyone able to help me out with ...
Although I'm not sure what you mean? I included his birth year in the first email I sent them. I did notice you added it to my original email message to them so I assume that is the format they prefer to receive?
Is anyone able to help me out with ...
- 07 Feb 2014, 08:28
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: War papers translation - Santo
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1886
War papers translation - Santo
Hey this is my first post on here.
Just doing some research into my family history (hoping to go back past the unification to before the 1800s) and stumbled across this great website which gave me some sample letters to request documents from the local communes. I found out names and dates and sent ...
Just doing some research into my family history (hoping to go back past the unification to before the 1800s) and stumbled across this great website which gave me some sample letters to request documents from the local communes. I found out names and dates and sent ...