Search found 46 matches
- 25 Nov 2023, 23:45
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Aitelli Birth Record
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1503
Re: Aitelli Birth Record
In my books on both civil birth and church baptism records, there was no one by this name (or a similar name) born in Rocca Canavese in 1881.
- 03 Oct 2022, 14:47
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help please with interpretation of 1831 Corio baptism record
- Replies: 2
- Views: 713
Re: Help please with interpretation of 1831 Corio baptism record
Thank you very much. That is also what I thought, but I wanted a second opinion. I appreciate your taking the time to read my question and respond. Thank you again.
- 03 Oct 2022, 00:41
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help please with interpretation of 1831 Corio baptism record
- Replies: 2
- Views: 713
Help please with interpretation of 1831 Corio baptism record
Ciao. I am trying to interpret the 1831 baptism record from Corio for Domenica Frand-Pol. I can translate most of it, but what I would like to know is if the reference to "Torino's Ecclesia St. Francisci de Paula Baptista et ab Hospitio Charitatis Educatre" means that Domenica Frand-Pol was born ...
- 18 Mar 2021, 01:00
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Bettas-Valet
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3814
Re: Bettas-Valet
If you are still searching for Teresa Nicola, please let me know. My family includes Bettas Valet and Molinar from Rocca Canavese.
- 18 Mar 2021, 00:33
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Obtaining Italian Records
- Replies: 8
- Views: 5255
Re: Obtaining Italian Records
The Davito Gara's are distant cousins (my grandparents were born in Rocca and I have done a lot of genealogy research on the families). I did find that Martino Davito Gara (born 1886) lived in Pennsylvania and died in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in 1958.
- 20 Nov 2020, 00:22
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need help - Looking for Marietta-Vietti Family Info
- Replies: 39
- Views: 9988
Re: Need help - Looking for Marietta-Vietti Family Info
I believe this Jean Marietta is one of the Giovanni Marietta-Aleina's you've been researching. (I found this record while searching geneanet.org.) This Giovanni died in Beaurieres, Drome, Rhone-Alpes, France on Sept. 27, 1887. Wife Domenica Vietti. Son of Stefano (Etienne) Marietta-Aleina. Perhaps ...
- 19 Nov 2020, 19:42
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translating comments on Ospizio di Maternita (Torino) entry
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1259
Re: Translating comments on Ospizio di Maternita (Torino) entry
Thank you both very much. This is very helpful!
- 19 Nov 2020, 17:09
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translating comments on Ospizio di Maternita (Torino) entry
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1259
Translating comments on Ospizio di Maternita (Torino) entry
I was wondering if someone could help me translate the comments at the bottom right on this entry for my foundling ancestor. It appears to say: "prego lor signori diritore di tenere a ??? questa mia fillia e questa ??? che ??? che presto". There is one word that is blurred, and I am hoping someone ...
- 21 Jul 2020, 16:57
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: searching for ancestor's birth town
- Replies: 11
- Views: 3412
Re: searching for ancestor's birth town
Thanks for your note. My family (Pagliero, Bettas Valet, and Nepote Brandolin) all come from Rocca Canavese. All of Agostina's siblings were born in Rocca and her parents were born there too. There is no birth record of her in Rocca (I've written several books indexing the Rocca birth/marriage/death ...
- 21 Jul 2020, 00:01
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: searching for ancestor's birth town
- Replies: 11
- Views: 3412
Re: searching for ancestor's birth town
Thanks for the links. I too was looking for 1851 records but I couldn't find church records either. Nonetheless, I'm just happy to figure out where she was born. Thanks for your help!
- 20 Jul 2020, 22:40
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: searching for ancestor's birth town
- Replies: 11
- Views: 3412
Re: searching for ancestor's birth town
Fantastic! I would not have made that connection. I will check into it. Thank you!
- 20 Jul 2020, 21:30
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: searching for ancestor's birth town
- Replies: 11
- Views: 3412
searching for ancestor's birth town
I am trying to pinpoint the birth town of my ancestor, Agostina Bettas Valet, born circa 1851. A marriage publication (from Corio, 1875) has it as Mignanzo or Mignango. The marriage act (from Rocca Canavese, 1875) as it as Mignango. But her death record (from Torino, 1929) has her birth town ...
- 22 May 2020, 02:02
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Charlie Chiado
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2788
Re: Charlie Chiado
I looked in the familysearch.org online Corio records. Record #183 is for a Pietro Chiado-Cutin, born Oct 8 1871. Father Domenico, age 43 (son of deceased Giovanni). Mother Anna Bajma Pecit, age 37 (daughter of Giuseppe).
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSDM-574Z-1?i=2272&cat=970473
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSDM-574Z-1?i=2272&cat=970473
- 06 Jan 2020, 16:12
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with Latin death records from Corio
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1410
Re: Help with Latin death records from Corio
Thank you both!
- 05 Jan 2020, 21:29
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with Latin death records from Corio
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1410
Help with Latin death records from Corio
I am translating church death records from 1823 in Corio (Torino/Piemonte). I am attaching two records with similar phrases: uxor dum viverent, and conjur? dum viverent. I believe they are describing the spouse or widow/er, but am not sure which phrase is for a living spouse and which phrase is for ...