Not sure how much of this stuff you already have...
Is this your Antonio and Rose?
New York City, Marriages, 1600s-1800s about Antonio Papa
Name: Antonio Papa
Spouse Name: Rose Fabrizio
Marriage Date: 1890
Marriage Place: Manhattan, New York, New York
Marriage ID: 63 0001079
Certificate ...
Search found 6 matches
- 21 May 2014, 19:59
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: (Significant) Discrepancy with immigration dates
- Replies: 9
- Views: 4845
- 21 May 2014, 15:53
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: (Significant) Discrepancy with immigration dates
- Replies: 9
- Views: 4845
Re: (Significant) Discrepancy with immigration dates
Hey Paul--thanks for both the welcome and the help. Both are very much appreciated!
Apparently I needed to go to the next page of the naturalization form. There I can find Antonio's Oath of Allegiance and his certificate of naturalization number, stamped by Judge Moscowitz. He became a US citizen ...
Apparently I needed to go to the next page of the naturalization form. There I can find Antonio's Oath of Allegiance and his certificate of naturalization number, stamped by Judge Moscowitz. He became a US citizen ...
- 21 May 2014, 15:52
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: (Significant) Discrepancy with immigration dates
- Replies: 9
- Views: 4845
Re: (Significant) Discrepancy with immigration dates
Thanks to both of you! I wrote out a long response to Paul, but I'm not sure it went through when I submited the post. Hmm...
Carmine: I see what you're saying, it definitely looks like it could be '78, or '95. I assumed it was the latter for two reasons. Firstly, because that's how ancestry.com ...
Carmine: I see what you're saying, it definitely looks like it could be '78, or '95. I assumed it was the latter for two reasons. Firstly, because that's how ancestry.com ...
- 21 May 2014, 02:20
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Anybody else mixed with another ethnicity?
- Replies: 77
- Views: 284397
Re: Anybody else mixed with another ethnicity?
Oh yes...quite a few. I'm not even entirely sure of what they all are! I can say with complete certainty that I am 1/4 Italian and 1/4 Irish, as that half of my family came over from the old countries fairly recently. The other side, however, is murkier. My surname is Scottish so I am at least ...
- 20 May 2014, 05:49
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: (Significant) Discrepancy with immigration dates
- Replies: 9
- Views: 4845
(Significant) Discrepancy with immigration dates
Hi everyone, looking for a little help here regarding an ancestor of mine who has significantly different dates of immigration to the US in different documents.
1910 census: says he immigrated in 1895
http://interactive.ancestry.com/7884/4449354_01026/18977060?backurl=http%3a%2f%2fsearch.ancestry ...
1910 census: says he immigrated in 1895
http://interactive.ancestry.com/7884/4449354_01026/18977060?backurl=http%3a%2f%2fsearch.ancestry ...
- 19 May 2014, 22:50
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Is naturalization equivalent to renunciation?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2450
Is naturalization equivalent to renunciation?
I was looking at my Italian ancestor's petition for naturalization (US) and wondered about the language in section seven.
I am attached to the principles of the Constitution of the United States, and it is my intention to become a citizen of the United States and to renounce absolutely and forever ...
I am attached to the principles of the Constitution of the United States, and it is my intention to become a citizen of the United States and to renounce absolutely and forever ...