Search found 9 matches
- 03 Jun 2014, 00:37
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: 1800s in italy
- Replies: 10
- Views: 6319
Re: 1800s in italy
I will!! I'm going to try to write out my letters and emails tonight or tomorrow! Crossing my fingers! 
- 02 Jun 2014, 21:47
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: 1800s in italy
- Replies: 10
- Views: 6319
Re: 1800s in italy
Thank You both for your help and time!
- 02 Jun 2014, 20:40
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: 1800s in italy
- Replies: 10
- Views: 6319
Re: 1800s in italy
Thank you for your fast reply! Is there any other place other than the parish that I can request information? Like in the states we have Vital Statistics...I'm assuming they have something like that in Italy? Is the Ufficio di Stato Civile ( Civil Registration Office ) the same thing as a Vital ...
- 02 Jun 2014, 19:59
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: 1800s in italy
- Replies: 10
- Views: 6319
Re: 1800s in italy
Also is there a name for a document that would list everything that they have on my ancestors in Italy? Birth, Marriage, Death records along with children, etc ? or would I have to request everything individually?
- 02 Jun 2014, 19:55
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: 1800s in italy
- Replies: 10
- Views: 6319
Re: 1800s in italy
Thanks so much!!
should I include a return envelope with my address already on it ? or postage or anything else? I've never done this so i'm unsure of what is expected. Is there a forum on here that could check my letter to make sure the Italian is ok?
should I include a return envelope with my address already on it ? or postage or anything else? I've never done this so i'm unsure of what is expected. Is there a forum on here that could check my letter to make sure the Italian is ok?
- 01 Jun 2014, 02:27
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: 1800s in italy
- Replies: 10
- Views: 6319
1800s in italy
my family is from Dugenta, Benevento, Campania, italy. I'm having an extremely hard time finding any records of them. I have immigration records from ellis island and castle garden but I just can't seem to find any actual italian records. Before italy was a country they were living in The Kingdom of ...
- 01 Jun 2014, 02:15
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surname help!
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1944
Re: Surname help!
Thats what I was thinking and yes those are my ancestors! Thanks SO much for your input!
- 31 May 2014, 05:07
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surname help!
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1944
Re: Surname help!
I will definitely check into that surname! Thanks so much! I have been trying to figure out all the different possibilities for months now. Figured I needed some help. Thanks again!
- 31 May 2014, 04:46
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surname help!
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1944
Surname help!
My family came to the US between 1890s through 1910's. When they came over they Americanized their surname to Uvanni. I've found it as " Tovanni" , "Jovanni" "Iovanni" "Iovane" on various records ( like Ellis Island papers etc). When I search familysearch.org, though, I can't really find a single ...