Search found 4 matches

by kjvalente
05 Jun 2014, 13:51
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: So confused on gggf use of surnames - any ideas appreciated
Replies: 7
Views: 3278

Re: So confused on gggf use of surnames - any ideas apprecia

Thank you, Italysearcher. I know that I'll never find the real truth to this situation, or find out who his actual birth parents were, but I find it all very intriguing. You have provided many possible scenarios, and I appreciate it. :) -K
by kjvalente
04 Jun 2014, 13:22
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: So confused on gggf use of surnames - any ideas appreciated
Replies: 7
Views: 3278

Re: So confused on gggf use of surnames - any ideas apprecia

Thank you for your post Italysearcher. Funny that you should bring this up, as I had come across 2 additional male "Incerto's" who also had unknown parents. They were born a few years from my 2nd ggf, and had originally used the Scarpuzza surname, but upon their 2nd child or so, changed their ...
by kjvalente
03 Jun 2014, 15:27
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: So confused on gggf use of surnames - any ideas appreciated
Replies: 7
Views: 3278

Re: So confused on gggf use of surnames - any ideas apprecia

Hello, Thank you for your input. I do have a copy of his death record - as "Ermenegildo Scarpuzza" and along with his wife's name, it states that he is the son of unknown parents. No one else is mentioned. What I do notice though, is his last name of Scarpuzza, is written somewhat differently from ...
by kjvalente
02 Jun 2014, 21:50
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: So confused on gggf use of surnames - any ideas appreciated
Replies: 7
Views: 3278

So confused on gggf use of surnames - any ideas appreciated

Hi everyone, this is my very first post. I would greatly appreciate anyone's thoughts on this recent discovery- I'm baffled! I have a copy of my's gggf, Ermenegildo's baptism certificate from Menfi, 1799. The surname of each infant was printed inside a box drawn on the top corner of every record (my ...