Search found 29 matches

by gagliociminoroots
20 Oct 2015, 16:08
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: I believe I found Maria Licari's birth record
Replies: 4
Views: 2346

Re: I believe I found Maria Licari's birth record

Thank you both for the clarification. I am glad I am finding dates and parents for Maria. I hAve found more siblings for her husband Giacomo and hopefully will find siblings for her as well!
by gagliociminoroots
20 Oct 2015, 02:18
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: I believe I found Maria Licari's birth record
Replies: 4
Views: 2346

I believe I found Maria Licari's birth record

Here is her marriage record, which was found earlier:

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1942-32357-24976-27?cc=2051639&wc=MCTM-229:351055601,352800601,352806802

Can you tell me if this is a match to the parents listed?

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-159314-39375-76?cc=2046915 ...
by gagliociminoroots
20 Oct 2015, 00:46
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Could this possibly be a brother to Giacomo Gaglio?
Replies: 11
Views: 3770

Re: Could this possibly be a brother to Giacomo Gaglio?

Dated Nov 29, 1848. Giuseppe Gaglio son of GiovannBattista Gaglio and Elisabetta Tinervia. In the marriage record for Giacomo, the mother's name is given as Isabella Tinervia (the surname which T couldn't decipher).

Erudita

Thank you for the translation. So does that mean there is a relation ...
by gagliociminoroots
19 Oct 2015, 22:29
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Could this possibly be a brother to Giacomo Gaglio?
Replies: 11
Views: 3770

Re: Could this possibly be a brother to Giacomo Gaglio?

I think I may have found a baptism record for Giuseppe Gaglio. Could someone translate this for me? I do see names on here that are familiar to the family.

Bottom left:
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,351052201
by gagliociminoroots
19 Jul 2015, 23:09
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Francesco Cimino manifest
Replies: 2
Views: 1263

Francesco Cimino manifest

I found Francesco Cimino's manifest from 1898 and was wondering, since he was 15 at the time, who did he go see once he got off the boat?

Are the other Ciminos listed going to see the same person?
by gagliociminoroots
18 Jul 2015, 05:08
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Could this possibly be a brother to Giacomo Gaglio?
Replies: 11
Views: 3770

Re: Could this possibly be a brother to Giacomo Gaglio?

I found Giacomo Gaglio and Maria Licari's marriage announcement. Could you decipher from this if there is a relation?

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,352806802
by gagliociminoroots
17 Jul 2015, 23:09
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Could this possibly be a brother to Giacomo Gaglio?
Replies: 11
Views: 3770

Re: Could this possibly be a brother to Giacomo Gaglio?

Yes, that is correct. If I need to repost anything, let me know. I appreciate it!
by gagliociminoroots
17 Jul 2015, 22:57
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Could this possibly be a brother to Giacomo Gaglio?
Replies: 11
Views: 3770

Re: Could this possibly be a brother to Giacomo Gaglio?

Edited to add: not the baby, but the baby's father.
by gagliociminoroots
17 Jul 2015, 22:53
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Could this possibly be a brother to Giacomo Gaglio?
Replies: 11
Views: 3770

Could this possibly be a brother to Giacomo Gaglio?

I found this birth record today and noticed the same name pop up. Is this Giuseppe Gaglio a possible brother to Giacomo?

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,352806802
by gagliociminoroots
16 Jul 2015, 15:03
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: How can you tell the difference between people with the same name and when they came over?
Replies: 9
Views: 5164

Re: How can you tell the difference between people with the same name and when they came over?

I found Joseph's death record: https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QVRN-M7BF
(Giovanni) John Gagliano WWII Draft: https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:V1KM-9PM


This isn't the John I am looking for because not only is the last name wrong, but the birthday is wrong too. GiovanBattista was ...
by gagliociminoroots
16 Jul 2015, 07:00
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: How can you tell the difference between people with the same name and when they came over?
Replies: 9
Views: 5164

Re: How can you tell the difference between people with the same name and when they came over?

I have only heard the name Gaglio and nothing else. The Joseph you found is my great grandfather. In a previous post, we found GiovanBattista was a brother of Joseph's and I have found his birth record proving the relation, but once he came here is where it runs cold. I didn't go farther to see if ...
by gagliociminoroots
16 Jul 2015, 06:31
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: How can you tell the difference between people with the same name and when they came over?
Replies: 9
Views: 5164

Re: How can you tell the difference between people with the same name and when they came over?

I would suggest typing your ancestors name into ellisisland.org to see his departure and arrival, age of arrival, etc. to figure out who is the correct ancestor you are looking for.

The only thing about this is they entered at another port. I have Giuseppe's immigration papers showing that ...
by gagliociminoroots
16 Jul 2015, 06:12
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: How can you tell the difference between people with the same name and when they came over?
Replies: 9
Views: 5164

Re: How can you tell the difference between people with the same name and when they came over?

So I am thinking this is the one I am looking for. One is because Giuseppe met his brother in New Orleans. I am thinking GiovanBattista also landed in New Orleans.

I am not sure who G Battista came over to see as I can't read it. I provided both Giuseppe's manifest and G Battista Gaglio's for ...
by gagliociminoroots
16 Jul 2015, 00:46
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: How can you tell the difference between people with the same name and when they came over?
Replies: 9
Views: 5164

How can you tell the difference between people with the same name and when they came over?

Giovanbattista Gaglio has been hard to narrow down as to when he came over here. I see a couple of listings in New Orleans with that name as well as others in New York manifests. How can you narrow it down to the one you are looking for?