Search found 29 matches
- 09 Aug 2014, 05:56
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: explain this gravesite female surname tradition??
- Replies: 7
- Views: 2282
Re: explain this gravesite female surname tradition??
Yes, it is hard to read past the pink flowers - My great grandmother wrote down the names of her and her husband's siblings and parents and she wrote 'Marguerite Skiaventone" which I'm sure is Margaritta Chiaventone, she did write that she was French and an only child too. I did notice when she ...
- 08 Aug 2014, 18:57
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: is this a military uniform
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1048
Re: is this a military uniform
Thank you!
- 08 Aug 2014, 17:13
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: explain this gravesite female surname tradition??
- Replies: 7
- Views: 2282
Re: explain this gravesite female surname tradition??
Ok. So now this is my Great Grandfathers sister - Did she marry a Savio? and what does the N. mean? birth name?
- 08 Aug 2014, 16:56
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: explain this gravesite female surname tradition??
- Replies: 7
- Views: 2282
explain this gravesite female surname tradition??
Lusietto Famiglia graves in San Ponso.jpg I got this photo from a cousin who went to Italy in the 1970's We know for sure that Michele Lusietto is my great great grandfather and his wife was Margaritta Chiaventone - they are in the middle with the pink flowers. Was it common for the woman to retain ...
- 08 Aug 2014, 16:50
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: is this a military uniform
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1048
is this a military uniform
I am trying to figure out which brother this is of my Great Grandmother's. I know one of them served in WW I and died during it. This looks like a uniform?? If it is then I know this is Guiseppe Vallero
- 28 Jul 2014, 01:11
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Chiaventone
- Replies: 1
- Views: 992
Chiaventone
With Mario's help, I have discovered that my Great-great Grandmother's name was Margaritta Chiaventone. I did a search of surnames in Italy and there were quite a few, mostly centered in the Piedmont region - and that makes sense - My Greatgrandfather was born in San Ponso.
All I can find out about ...
All I can find out about ...
- 24 Jul 2014, 19:22
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Got an answer back from San Ponso re: Luscietto
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1746
Re: Got an answer back from San Ponso re: Luscietto
If it is that would somewhat match the Illinois marriage record that you found. But boy, they really misspelled or misunderstood the last name of his mother.
- 24 Jul 2014, 16:43
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Got an answer back from San Ponso re: Luscietto
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1746
Re: Got an answer back from San Ponso re: Luscietto
Could it be Margeritta??
- 24 Jul 2014, 15:25
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Got an answer back from San Ponso re: Luscietto
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1746
Re: Got an answer back from San Ponso re: Luscietto
I couldn't attach the birth certificate through my phone. Here is it . I am having a hard time reading it
- 24 Jul 2014, 15:08
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Got an answer back from San Ponso re: Luscietto
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1746
Got an answer back from San Ponso re: Luscietto
Prot. n. 863
Si comunica che il Signor LUSCIETTO DOMENICO FRANCESCO è nato a SAN PONSO (TO) IL 20 giugno 1988 ALLE ORE ANTIMERIDIANE TRE – FIGLIO DI Michele,
inoltre, si allega copia integrale dell’atto di nascita (atto n. 13).
Distinti Saluti
- Mariarita Riva
Translation please :). Am I ...
Si comunica che il Signor LUSCIETTO DOMENICO FRANCESCO è nato a SAN PONSO (TO) IL 20 giugno 1988 ALLE ORE ANTIMERIDIANE TRE – FIGLIO DI Michele,
inoltre, si allega copia integrale dell’atto di nascita (atto n. 13).
Distinti Saluti
- Mariarita Riva
Translation please :). Am I ...
- 21 Jul 2014, 05:36
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Valerio PAPA surname
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2230
Re: Valerio PAPA surname
It was on some things I found on Ancestry. After reading your post and going back through them - I don't think they are the same person. I think someone on ancestry in another tree errantly attached them to him. I did find more lists, etc... that my great grandma's name was on as well as what you ...
- 21 Jul 2014, 02:59
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Luscietto in San Ponso
- Replies: 21
- Views: 6270
Re: Luscietto in San Ponso
My grandma had a sister named Maria. She married Bernard Berta. I always thought her and Grandma (Annette Vallero) came at the same time and went to Illinios first. I'll have to go look up those records. Thank you all so much!
Just had a quick look at the Ellis Island records. Could that read "la ...
Just had a quick look at the Ellis Island records. Could that read "la ...
- 19 Jul 2014, 20:55
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Valerio PAPA surname
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2230
Re: Valerio PAPA surname
Thank you - that is what I have been doing. I have found several census records and other forms that show a Louis Vallero - the dates and other names seem to fit, but it shows him as being in the states and to my knowledge - he never was. It also isn't clear in them as to his wife - and I have hit a ...
- 18 Jul 2014, 16:14
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Valerio PAPA surname
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2230
Re: Valerio PAPA surname
Ok. That explains some of the mystery. I wonder if when traveling they dropped the PAPA? I found a 1920 census that I know for certain has my Great Aunt Marie on it. Also listed in the household is someone named John Viola - but knowing that they were new to America and didn't speak English well. I ...
- 17 Jul 2014, 23:54
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Luscietto in San Ponso
- Replies: 21
- Views: 6270
Re: Luscietto in San Ponso
I have just found a photo of a WWI memorial in San Ponso that lists a Sebastian & Antonio Luscietto. I believe them to be sons of Michele and brothers of Domenaco - my great grandfather. I do know that he left Italy because he did not want to fight in the war. How would I go about verifiying the ...