Thank you both. Your help has led 2 generations further back. (and their spouses)
At least now, I'm hitting the "time" roadblock. If that family is as poor as can be inferred, it would make sense. I need to get the documentation (births, marriages, deaths) in order now. I've found that the records ...
Search found 10 matches
- 07 Oct 2014, 18:20
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Lattanzi Translation
- Replies: 17
- Views: 6683
- 07 Oct 2014, 14:46
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Lattanzi Translation
- Replies: 17
- Views: 6683
Re: Lattanzi Translation
Funny story. While you guys went that direction (which is amazing by the way as what I've managed to come up with was far less amazing), I was trying to get the PA death record for Alfonso. Well my death record came up with a big fat nothing and I was I posted it on Facebook, another of my friends ...
- 09 Sep 2014, 20:27
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Lattanzi Translation
- Replies: 17
- Views: 6683
Re: Lattanzi Translation
It looks like that persons got a gap in their N's causing them to look like U's. I double checked the non-existence of Ballaute issue just in case :) Thank you so much Erudita. I've been looking for that for almost a year. I gave up after looking for them because the history just seemed to be lost ...
- 09 Sep 2014, 16:12
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Box 17? What does that mean?
- Replies: 9
- Views: 3295
Re: Box 17? What does that mean?
Thanks Erudita.
Where ever they disappeared to in WV, the "blackout" occurs until 1920 (so ~15 years MIA) when they show back up in PA. I'm going to try both towns and see if there are any sort of records for that information. Very Needle-in-a-haystack-esque though.
Where ever they disappeared to in WV, the "blackout" occurs until 1920 (so ~15 years MIA) when they show back up in PA. I'm going to try both towns and see if there are any sort of records for that information. Very Needle-in-a-haystack-esque though.
- 09 Sep 2014, 16:08
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Lattanzi Translation
- Replies: 17
- Views: 6683
Re: Lattanzi Translation
Thanks Tessa! That's especially helpful.
I was able, using that information to find marriage record information on that line clear back to 1800. Isaia's side is still completely absent but thanks to ya'll's help I have much more of a tree than I had ever before. I'm now trying to hunt down his ...
I was able, using that information to find marriage record information on that line clear back to 1800. Isaia's side is still completely absent but thanks to ya'll's help I have much more of a tree than I had ever before. I'm now trying to hunt down his ...
- 09 Sep 2014, 03:53
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Box 17? What does that mean?
- Replies: 9
- Views: 3295
Re: Box 17? What does that mean?
So Box is referring to something like a P.O. Box equivalent? (thanks you both for the help...)
- 09 Sep 2014, 03:24
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Box 17? What does that mean?
- Replies: 9
- Views: 3295
Box 17? What does that mean?
Line items 13 and 14. If you scroll over, it shows my family from Bellante. In column 16, they're meeting Tsaia her husband. But underneath that it says Box 17. What does that mean? I'm searching all over for his entrance and can't find him. I tried variations on sounds and still nothing. I think ...
- 08 Sep 2014, 21:32
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Lattanzi Translation
- Replies: 17
- Views: 6683
Re: Lattanzi Translation
Wow, thank you so much! I didn't realize what I had apparently and Google translate leaves little to be desired (plus my inability to read cursive in another language).
Is there any way to determine if Anna Sanita is a first and last name or first and middle name?
I ask because she is having a ...
Is there any way to determine if Anna Sanita is a first and last name or first and middle name?
I ask because she is having a ...
- 07 Sep 2014, 05:29
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Lattanzi Translation
- Replies: 17
- Views: 6683
Re: Lattanzi Translation
Thank you for the translation. It proves that he has yet another name for my great great grandfather :) Is this common with immigration? It's the first time I've had to jump on a boat (most of the other members of the family are traceable via American records).
I ask because I have what is a ...
I ask because I have what is a ...
- 07 Sep 2014, 03:55
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Lattanzi Translation
- Replies: 17
- Views: 6683
Lattanzi Translation
All,
I've recently started delving into the Italian side of the family. Unfortunately, for me, all the record keepers were the first to pass away. I'm also running face first into a bunch of Anglicization issues where I'm not sure which direction to go.
What I know:
My Great-grandfather Alfonso ...
I've recently started delving into the Italian side of the family. Unfortunately, for me, all the record keepers were the first to pass away. I'm also running face first into a bunch of Anglicization issues where I'm not sure which direction to go.
What I know:
My Great-grandfather Alfonso ...