NOTE OF INTEREST WITH "E" and "I"
Italians pronounce "E" as an "I" and vice versa "I" as an "E" so when Italian immigrants landed in the USA... they may have said "E" but it was an "I"...
Search found 12 matches
- 30 May 2003, 16:52
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: I need a last name translation
- Replies: 8
- Views: 13177
- 03 May 2003, 10:03
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: LATINI--se busca
- Replies: 6
- Views: 9337
Pancrazio
Peter: FYI Pancrazio is a very popular Sicilian first name...Joe
- 30 Apr 2003, 08:30
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Guglielmino/Caruso Families
- Replies: 3
- Views: 6140
- 23 Apr 2003, 08:45
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Petti family in Montecilfone
- Replies: 10
- Views: 13836
Codice Postale
I just thought I would chime in here for anyone doing research in Italy. The postal code (zip code) is called CAP in Italy.
Joe
Joe
- 17 Apr 2003, 16:23
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Ellis Isaland Manifest Information...
- Replies: 17
- Views: 22538
- 17 Apr 2003, 16:09
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Campisciano in Tunisi or from Chiusi Sclafani
- Replies: 14
- Views: 16695
Campisciano
Robert
These are the Campisciano listings I found in the PagineBianche (White Pages) in Italy for Sicily... Chiusa Sclafani is in the Provincia di Palermo.
These are all the Campisciano in Palermo Province. There are others in the Province of Catania and Caltanissetta.
Best of luck maybe these ...
These are the Campisciano listings I found in the PagineBianche (White Pages) in Italy for Sicily... Chiusa Sclafani is in the Provincia di Palermo.
These are all the Campisciano in Palermo Province. There are others in the Province of Catania and Caltanissetta.
Best of luck maybe these ...
- 17 Apr 2003, 15:51
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Campisciano in Tunisi or from Chiusi Sclafani
- Replies: 14
- Views: 16695
Robert don't be discouraged... I was searching for relatives in an area for a long time until this past November 2002. I was searching for my grandmothers family surname in the town where she was born. I constantly came up with no responses. This past November I went to the little town in Sicily and ...
- 17 Apr 2003, 15:34
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Magavero family in Leroy, NY
- Replies: 17
- Views: 13515
Magavero Family
If you are looking to search for lost relatives it might be a good idea to check the internet telephone directories using those surnames. I did this and was successful in locating a family member we had lost contact with for 40 years. I was reunited with my fathers' sister just two years ago. If you ...
- 14 Apr 2003, 16:41
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: My Surname Search
- Replies: 1
- Views: 3786
My Surname Search
Raffa, Pace, Carina, Barone-Tonghi, Cirignotto, Biondo (from Sicily)
Accurso, Bellingeri, Ferrigno, Marino, Attanasio (Naples - Calabria)
Accurso, Bellingeri, Ferrigno, Marino, Attanasio (Naples - Calabria)
- 14 Apr 2003, 16:35
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Searching for Attanasio name
- Replies: 4
- Views: 6442
Searching for Attanasio name
My great grandmother was from Castellammare di Stabia (Naples Area) anyone with this name in their family lineage?
- 12 Apr 2003, 19:04
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Dual Citizenship elegibility for a great grandson feasible?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 6938
Dual Citizenship elegibility for a great grandson feasible?
MJA
I don't think that there is a generation problem with you claiming your Italian citizenship. It depends on the information that you have and the information that you will have to supply to the Italian Consulate General in New York. You will need to contact the Italian Consulate General in New ...
I don't think that there is a generation problem with you claiming your Italian citizenship. It depends on the information that you have and the information that you will have to supply to the Italian Consulate General in New York. You will need to contact the Italian Consulate General in New ...
- 12 Apr 2003, 17:01
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Dual Citizenship / Dual Passport
- Replies: 8
- Views: 16284
It's great to be home in Italy
Two years ago I moved to Italy to claim my dual citizenship... it was the best thing I have ever done.