Search found 59 matches
- 27 Mar 2025, 15:10
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help finding more on Cesare Ferrari, arrived 1907 in NY
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1663
Re: Help finding more on Cesare Ferrari, arrived 1907 in NY
Thank you much! At least I now know the birthplace. I'll be in Sicily later this year and might check the church and / or the Comune in Messina to look further. Thanks again!!
- 27 Mar 2025, 00:01
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help finding more on Cesare Ferrari, arrived 1907 in NY
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1663
Help finding more on Cesare Ferrari, arrived 1907 in NY
Hi All,
Thank you for all the great help in finding my ancestors!
I am now trying to find the birthplace of Cesare Ferrari, who lived in the Bronx, married to Amelia Pucci. He was born perhaps 17APR1883 in Italy and died 19OCT1928 in NY. From his marriage certificate from 20JUL1912 in the Bronx ...
Thank you for all the great help in finding my ancestors!
I am now trying to find the birthplace of Cesare Ferrari, who lived in the Bronx, married to Amelia Pucci. He was born perhaps 17APR1883 in Italy and died 19OCT1928 in NY. From his marriage certificate from 20JUL1912 in the Bronx ...
- 05 Aug 2021, 03:40
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with a quick translation
- Replies: 14
- Views: 4803
Re: Help with a quick translation
Thank you so much! Your translation sounds much better than mine!
- 04 Aug 2021, 23:20
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with a quick translation
- Replies: 14
- Views: 4803
Re: Help with a quick translation
It varies by consulate, although the majority work that way. The Houston consulate allowed me to translate all my (numerous) documents myself. I checked in advance and they basically just said be sure that you're capable.
Hi BBivona - it sounds like you're a native speaker or close to it? May ...
- 04 Aug 2021, 17:19
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with a quick translation
- Replies: 14
- Views: 4803
Re: Help with a quick translation
Hi Ann,
Thanks for the reply. I wasn't clear in my original post - all of my translations were done by one of the approved ones listed by the consulate. I am just looking to update them slightly by inserting the few bits that were added to my birth record upon correction.
Hoping someone can check ...
Thanks for the reply. I wasn't clear in my original post - all of my translations were done by one of the approved ones listed by the consulate. I am just looking to update them slightly by inserting the few bits that were added to my birth record upon correction.
Hoping someone can check ...
- 03 Aug 2021, 21:55
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with a quick translation
- Replies: 14
- Views: 4803
Help with a quick translation
Hi All,
In my citizenship application, I hit a snag as my father has been using his confirmation name since the 7th grade. Of course, my birth record shows his legal middle name. It's taken a year to get my birth record updated with his original middle name. I'm now updating my translations and ...
In my citizenship application, I hit a snag as my father has been using his confirmation name since the 7th grade. Of course, my birth record shows his legal middle name. It's taken a year to get my birth record updated with his original middle name. I'm now updating my translations and ...
- 09 Apr 2019, 19:06
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Proper sequence of document, Apostille, and translation?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 6726
Proper sequence of document, Apostille, and translation?
Hi All,
Probably a subject beaten to death, but was hoping to get clarification since I've seen conflicting info.
I'm in the process of gathering all docs for a JS appointment in Los Angeles. The majority of my US documents are from NYC with a few exceptions. I have had them certified by the ...
Probably a subject beaten to death, but was hoping to get clarification since I've seen conflicting info.
I'm in the process of gathering all docs for a JS appointment in Los Angeles. The majority of my US documents are from NYC with a few exceptions. I have had them certified by the ...
- 09 Feb 2019, 17:05
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Comune di San Tammaro (CE)
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1794
Re: Comune di San Tammaro (CE)
Thanks Tessa!
That's a good idea, but I'm looking for the Atto di Matrimonio for my JS application.
I don't think the announcement would suffice...
If my efforts don't succeed, the next step will be to hire someone to chase it down...
Thanks!
Ryan
That's a good idea, but I'm looking for the Atto di Matrimonio for my JS application.
I don't think the announcement would suffice...
If my efforts don't succeed, the next step will be to hire someone to chase it down...
Thanks!
Ryan
- 09 Feb 2019, 01:22
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Comune di San Tammaro (CE)
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1794
Comune di San Tammaro (CE)
Hi All,
I sent a letter to the Comune in San Tammaro (Caserta) in OCT2018 to obtain my GGF & GGM marriage record, but haven't gotten a reply. (I did get my GGF's birth record in DEC2018 from his nearby town, Santa Maria Capua Vetere, so I assume the San Tammaro letter arrived in a similar timeframe ...
I sent a letter to the Comune in San Tammaro (Caserta) in OCT2018 to obtain my GGF & GGM marriage record, but haven't gotten a reply. (I did get my GGF's birth record in DEC2018 from his nearby town, Santa Maria Capua Vetere, so I assume the San Tammaro letter arrived in a similar timeframe ...
- 06 Dec 2018, 23:01
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Gender on results is incorrect. Can it be corrected?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1676
Re: Gender on results is incorrect. Can it be corrected?
Hi NJB,
Not sure on the correction aspect of your question, but for the request, look in this forum for example request letters. I searched "sample letter" and got a bunch of hits.
For example:
http://geocities.ws/paulanigro/italian-genealogy-online/
I recently wrote to my hometown's comune and ...
Not sure on the correction aspect of your question, but for the request, look in this forum for example request letters. I searched "sample letter" and got a bunch of hits.
For example:
http://geocities.ws/paulanigro/italian-genealogy-online/
I recently wrote to my hometown's comune and ...
- 14 Nov 2018, 01:08
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: San Francisco Consulate - Dual Cit.in Italy
- Replies: 10
- Views: 4857
Re: San Francisco Consulate - Dual Cit.in Italy
Hi Mimz,
I know it's of little comfort, but in SoCal, it's much worse.
I called the Los Angeles Consulate last year to get my appointment and it's all set!...for Sept 2022, that is.
Another member here posted a couple months ago that he called for an LA Consulate appointment and his is 6 years ...
I know it's of little comfort, but in SoCal, it's much worse.
I called the Los Angeles Consulate last year to get my appointment and it's all set!...for Sept 2022, that is.
Another member here posted a couple months ago that he called for an LA Consulate appointment and his is 6 years ...
- 23 Oct 2018, 16:29
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: How strict are the consulates with spellings and Anglicized names?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 4990
Re: How strict are the consulates with spellings and Anglicized names?
Thanks for the replies.
jennabet, I understand one can submit corrections with NYC for a number of documents, including death records, using the appropriate corrections request form and official birth record in my case:
https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/services/certificate-corrections.page
My GGF ...
jennabet, I understand one can submit corrections with NYC for a number of documents, including death records, using the appropriate corrections request form and official birth record in my case:
https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/services/certificate-corrections.page
My GGF ...
- 22 Oct 2018, 18:54
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Are there birth records from Napoli around 1788 online?
- Replies: 22
- Views: 7826
Re: Are there birth records from Napoli around 1788 online?
Thanks much mmogno!
- 22 Oct 2018, 18:51
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: How strict are the consulates with spellings and Anglicized names?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 4990
Re: How strict are the consulates with spellings and Anglicized names?
Thanks for the quick reply mler!!
Even Item #1? I figured since I'm trying to prove lineage that having my GGF's mother's name as Albina Pecoraro rather than Maria Bottiglieri would set off red flags. But I am tracing the Gagliano lineage rather than either of these 2 names...
Even Item #1? I figured since I'm trying to prove lineage that having my GGF's mother's name as Albina Pecoraro rather than Maria Bottiglieri would set off red flags. But I am tracing the Gagliano lineage rather than either of these 2 names...
- 22 Oct 2018, 18:37
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: How strict are the consulates with spellings and Anglicized names?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 4990
How strict are the consulates with spellings and Anglicized names?
Hi All,
I'm gathering all my documents and just wondering how strict the consulates are with names. I'm sure the answer is, "It depends" but curious if anyone has any feedback on their experiences.
A few of my concerns in my case:
1 - My GGF's death record shows his wife's mother's maiden name ...
I'm gathering all my documents and just wondering how strict the consulates are with names. I'm sure the answer is, "It depends" but curious if anyone has any feedback on their experiences.
A few of my concerns in my case:
1 - My GGF's death record shows his wife's mother's maiden name ...