Could someone please tell me the translation of the first name of Giosue. I've heard it could be Joshua or Joe but not sure.
Tim Rogentine
Search found 5 matches
- 04 Dec 2014, 13:31
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Giosue Translation
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1398
- 03 Dec 2014, 16:52
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Surname AND nicknames.
- Replies: 6
- Views: 17478
Re: Surname AND nicknames.
Thank you Erudita. This is quite interesting. So, in your personal opinion, would you say that two families that share the same Surname but have different "Family" nicknames could still be related or most likely not related?
Tim Rogentine
Tim Rogentine
- 03 Dec 2014, 16:45
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Cousin Connection : ROGANTINI
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1784
Re: Cousin Connection : ROGANTINI
Thank you Marty. This is great. The thing that is confusing me is that Sofia's father was a Rogantini and Giacinto's mother was a Rogantini. I can only assume that they were from two different families. If they were related, that would make them some sort of cousins that were getting married. What ...
- 03 Dec 2014, 13:58
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Surname AND nicknames.
- Replies: 6
- Views: 17478
Surname AND nicknames.
In my search for Giovanni ROGANTINI, I was told he might be from the "Murin" family from Dasile. I was informed that all families have a nickname along with their surname.
Can anyone shed some light as to what this means or why they did/do this?
Can anyone shed some light as to what this means or why they did/do this?
- 03 Dec 2014, 06:49
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Cousin Connection : ROGANTINI
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1784
Cousin Connection : ROGANTINI
I'm stuck and so glad I found this forum. I have been talking with someone from Piuro who shares may last name and we have been trying to find a connection to our family. She told me about two brothers who traveled to the USA in the 1890's name Giavanni ROGANTINI (1851) and Giosue ROGANTINI (1859 ...