Search found 10 matches
- 14 May 2015, 01:04
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Mattero/Mattera, RI & MA
- Replies: 17
- Views: 4703
Re: Mattero/Mattera, RI & MA
Another note Angelina's stone also list her husbands name as Joseph, but legally was Guiseppe. I found her mothers stone and her stone says 1862 Anna Maria Collela 1944
- 14 May 2015, 01:00
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Mattero/Mattera, RI & MA
- Replies: 17
- Views: 4703
Re: Mattero/Mattera, RI & MA
I always thought her name was Angelina, but when I obtained a copy of her marriage license and church marriage record both had Angela on it. Just thought I'd try that as well. I found Ellis island not helpful for searching for my grandfather's ship. I actually found in on ancestry. But the petition ...
- 13 May 2015, 18:44
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Mattero/Mattera, RI & MA
- Replies: 17
- Views: 4703
Re: Mattero/Mattera, RI & MA
Pasquale is their 2nd son. I can confirm that because of his birthdate matches what I have.
- 13 May 2015, 18:40
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Mattero/Mattera, RI & MA
- Replies: 17
- Views: 4703
Re: Mattero/Mattera, RI & MA
Angelina's mother is really Anna Maria Collela. I do have their ( Guiseppe & Angela aka Angelina or angelena) marriage certificate. I have the naturalization petition for my grandfather Guiseppe and it says she immigrated September 14, 1912. Her mother Anna Collela or colella born in 1879
Angelina's ...
Angelina's ...
- 12 May 2015, 12:05
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Mattero/Mattera, RI & MA
- Replies: 17
- Views: 4703
Re: Mattero/Mattera, RI & MA
I've been given links to find their birth certificates, but I cannot view them unless I rent the film from the archive. I'm not even sure they are among them. I still cannot find my grandmothers ship. She sailed with her mother and 3 sisters on September 14, 1912. I've looked them up separately and ...
- 12 May 2015, 01:16
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Mattero/Mattera, RI & MA
- Replies: 17
- Views: 4703
Re: Mattero/Mattera, RI & MA
I went to the library and found it on ancestry , but thank you!
- 11 May 2015, 13:09
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Mattero/Mattera, RI & MA
- Replies: 17
- Views: 4703
Re: Mattero/Mattera, RI & MA
Guiseppe Mattero aka Guiseppe Matera
Arrival date is July 2, 1907 on the S.S. Sophia Hohenberg in New York, New York.
Sailed from Palermo, Italy. He was single.
Born in 1889 on the island of tremiti, family migrated to the mainland in the city of vieste, Italy.
Arrival date is July 2, 1907 on the S.S. Sophia Hohenberg in New York, New York.
Sailed from Palermo, Italy. He was single.
Born in 1889 on the island of tremiti, family migrated to the mainland in the city of vieste, Italy.
- 10 May 2015, 05:52
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Need help getting a birth certificate
- Replies: 13
- Views: 11822
Re: Need help getting a birth certificate
I would like to obtain s birth certificate of my grandfather from the island of Tremiti. I'm aware it is mostly a tourist destination now. His family migrated to the mainland city of Vieste, providence of foggia.
Who would I write to?
Who would I write to?
- 10 May 2015, 05:41
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Mattero/Mattera, RI & MA
- Replies: 17
- Views: 4703
Re: Mattero/Mattera, RI & MA
I recently obtained my grandfather's petition for naturalization from Boston superior court. The problem I'm having is I cannot locate the ship on ancestry search site. I have the date he arrived and the ship from this record. But I've hit a dead end.
- 13 Jan 2015, 20:34
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Mattero/Mattera, RI & MA
- Replies: 17
- Views: 4703
Mattero/Mattera, RI & MA
I have only started the past 2ys into my Fathers family tree. I have found a few records, but I am searching for where my grandfathers brothers migrated to. I know their names were
Antonio and Pasquale. They came from vieste, Italy between 1905-1913
My grandfather was Guiseppe Mattera, which ...
Antonio and Pasquale. They came from vieste, Italy between 1905-1913
My grandfather was Guiseppe Mattera, which ...