Search found 20 matches

by judydennisi
24 Feb 2021, 21:32
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Iaciofano family in Busso, campobasso
Replies: 23
Views: 25443

Re: Iaciofano family in Busso, campobasso

I am re-reading your post and need clarification on something you have said. You say our common ancestors are Geronimo Bernardo Villano (ch 20 Aug 1654) and Catarina de Robertis (ch DEC 1659), both from Campobasso. How do you know this? does "ch" mean church records? Do you know the connection ?
by judydennisi
24 Feb 2021, 21:14
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Iaciofano family in Busso, campobasso
Replies: 23
Views: 25443

Re: Iaciofano family in Busso, campobasso

Yes-Sorry so late.Giuseppe Iaciofano (B. 22 dec 1873 d. 4 Sep 1944) married Maria Iaciofano (b . Feb 1885), daughter of Joseph (Giuseppe) Iaciofano (b. Aug 1856 )and Philomena Ziccardi (B. Apr 1852).(I initially thought it was Philomena Palmieri) Theresa (Tessie)( B. 1888) is daughter of Joseph and ...
by judydennisi
15 Mar 2015, 17:29
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Iaciofano family in Busso, campobasso
Replies: 23
Views: 25443

Re: Iaciofano family in Busso, campobasso

I am trying to find out what happened to my great Grandmother, Anna Maria santangelo, B. 1846 in Busso. Her husband, Biase Iaciofano, Born 12 Dec 1832, Died 11 June 1888, the year after my grandfather Lorenzo, B. 08 Dec 1887, was born. She would only have been age 42 at the time of Biase's death. At ...
by judydennisi
25 Feb 2015, 14:26
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: The meaning and souce of Surname Iaciofano
Replies: 25
Views: 13664

Re: The meaning and souce of Surname Iaciofano

How can I find census records from Busso? I have found many records in the US searching Census Records. Will they reply online, by post w/self addressed envelope, or by visit from a surrogate? Dennis
by judydennisi
25 Feb 2015, 14:26
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: The meaning and souce of Surname Iaciofano
Replies: 25
Views: 13664

Re: The meaning and souce of Surname Iaciofano

How can I find census records from Busso? I have found many records in the US searching Census Records. Will they reply online, by post w/self addressed envelope, or by visit from a surrogate? Dennis
by judydennisi
24 Feb 2015, 23:14
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: The meaning and souce of Surname Iaciofano
Replies: 25
Views: 13664

Re: The meaning and souce of Surname Iaciofano

I have done as you suggested and sent the mail by post. John Armellino suggested i contact Suanj for help and she informed me that there has been a violation of trust with the Archdiocese and they will not allow access to their records unless the reason is for dual citizenship. She does not think I ...
by judydennisi
22 Feb 2015, 20:32
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: The meaning and souce of Surname Iaciofano
Replies: 25
Views: 13664

Re: The meaning and souce of Surname Iaciofano

Thank You, Anizio. Since I already sent the improper Italian letter, should I preface the proper letter with an apology? Dennis
by judydennisi
22 Feb 2015, 16:25
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: The meaning and souce of Surname Iaciofano
Replies: 25
Views: 13664

Re: The meaning and souce of Surname Iaciofano

I would want them to assign someone they are familiar with to search the records. This would be my preference. However if they would not want to be involved I would ask for their permission for me to find someone else in the area to search for me.
by judydennisi
22 Feb 2015, 02:31
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: The meaning and souce of Surname Iaciofano
Replies: 25
Views: 13664

Re: The meaning and souce of Surname Iaciofano

Anizio please review attached letter in Italian vrs intended letter in English. Is the Italian translation OK? Dennis
by judydennisi
21 Feb 2015, 14:04
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Iaciofano family in Busso, campobasso
Replies: 23
Views: 25443

Re: Iaciofano family in Busso, campobasso

I noticed from the records that the husbands occupation is contadino- farmer. I have read history that farming was subsistence farming. Could there have been mezzadrias in the area with padrones that could provide an income for the farmers of Busso. It is a hilly area and I wonder how much arable ...
by judydennisi
21 Feb 2015, 13:56
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: The meaning and souce of Surname Iaciofano
Replies: 25
Views: 13664

Re: The meaning and souce of Surname Iaciofano

Could it be that the parish priest is interpreting the name from the sound he hears from the family and writing it down in the record? Because the family is not literate ? Dennis. I want to tell you that I have written to the secretary for the Archdiocese of Campobasso-Boiano asking if they have ...
by judydennisi
20 Feb 2015, 04:50
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: The meaning and souce of Surname Iaciofano
Replies: 25
Views: 13664

Re: The meaning and souce of Surname Iaciofano

Anizio: I know what I am proposing you will consider BS; however I will choose to call it a Hypothesis. I took all the names starting with ("Ia-") from families in the towns of Camposso Province and put them in alphabetiacal order with Surname "Iaciofano". A sampling is: Iacadoro, Iacampo, Iacapraro ...
by judydennisi
19 Feb 2015, 17:30
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: The meaning and souce of Surname Iaciofano
Replies: 25
Views: 13664

Re: The meaning and souce of Surname Iaciofano

I believe the parish in Busso is San Lorenzo Martyr. Do I need to pay a surogate to visit the parish to research their records or is there a website I can access? How should I proceed? Thanks for your help! Ciao!
by judydennisi
19 Feb 2015, 04:39
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: The meaning and souce of Surname Iaciofano
Replies: 25
Views: 13664

Re: The meaning and souce of Surname Iaciofano

How can I find the first person who had this name. I know of Iaciofano as early as 1795. How can I find earlier records than that? dennis
by judydennisi
18 Feb 2015, 20:35
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: The meaning and souce of Surname Iaciofano
Replies: 25
Views: 13664

The meaning and souce of Surname Iaciofano

I can find "I" Surnames that are somewhar similar; ie, Iacobucci, Iacoboni, etc. This makes me wonder if the Surname Iaciofano is made up of (2) groups of letters such as "Iaco-" or "iaci" and "-fano". Most of my relatives were from Busso, so it would not appear that our surname is derived from the ...