Search found 10 matches
- 07 Feb 2015, 18:50
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Marsico Nuovo
- Replies: 22
- Views: 7502
Re: Marsico Nuovo
Interesting. Did it say what the cause of death was?
- 02 Feb 2015, 16:00
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Marsico Nuovo
- Replies: 22
- Views: 7502
Re: Marsico Nuovo
Thank you for those birth records. I knew about those siblings, but I did not know their birth date.
- 02 Feb 2015, 14:43
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Marsico Nuovo
- Replies: 22
- Views: 7502
Re: Marsico Nuovo
Thank you so much for everything and all your help. I have really learned a lot. Maybe some day I'll figure out the truth about Charles Cole. Thank you.
- 29 Jan 2015, 21:36
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Marsico Nuovo
- Replies: 22
- Views: 7502
Re: Marsico Nuovo
I will look into contacting the Mount Carmel newspaper. There is one more thing that I would really appreciate your help with. Under Carmela's immigration record it says that she came with her 2 year old sister Giuseppina Votta, except she is listed as the mother. My father did say that Giuseppina ...
- 28 Jan 2015, 14:14
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Marsico Nuovo
- Replies: 22
- Views: 7502
Re: Marsico Nuovo
No I do not have an obituary. Sorry about the Raffaele, it is actually Maria on line 13. I think the only thing we could do is look at all the possible children of both parents and then compare names to my grandfather's children. I read that the third child is traditionally named after the father ...
- 25 Jan 2015, 00:43
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Marsico Nuovo
- Replies: 22
- Views: 7502
Re: Marsico Nuovo
I think we have narrowed it to either Giovanni or Giuseppe as his name. I wonder if finding the children of Luigi Coiro would give us a list of his sons and help us further narrow which one it is. Although I realize there could be more than one Luigi Coiro. I belive Luigi Coiro is his father's name ...
- 24 Jan 2015, 00:40
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Marsico Nuovo
- Replies: 22
- Views: 7502
Re: Marsico Nuovo
I think the name is Giuseppe because of this immigration record. This is where he came to the U.S. in 1901, but he says in it he had been in the U.S. for 8 or 9 years putting his original immigration at around 1892 like the 1920 Census. He was much older than Carmela and apparently went over to ...
- 22 Jan 2015, 23:41
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Marsico Nuovo
- Replies: 22
- Views: 7502
Re: Marsico Nuovo
Thank you again for your help. This all very interesting and I will have to digest this more. I am not sure the name is Pasquale, as my father once implied he was under a pseudonym. Based on Ellis Island passenger lists I don't think it was Pasquale either. There is a Giuseppe Coiro that came over ...
- 22 Jan 2015, 03:39
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Marsico Nuovo
- Replies: 22
- Views: 7502
Re: Marsico Nuovo
Thank you so much! I believe your information is correct. An interesting part of this story is that Giovanni Coiro is believed to have left another family in Italy with a wife and children. Do you by any chance still have the link to the birth of Giovanni Coiro or perhaps a marriage in Marsico Nuovo ...
- 20 Jan 2015, 23:31
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Marsico Nuovo
- Replies: 22
- Views: 7502
Marsico Nuovo
Hello, I have been researching my Italian history for some time. I have been using Ancestry.com. I have struggled to learn much about my Italian side. My grandmother was named Carmela Votta(birth 1885) and my grandfather Pasquale (possibly Giuseppe?)(birth 1873) Coiro. Carmela's parents were named ...