Dear Erudita,
While my Italian is very limited I will try to write a bit of a monologue and call over the next few days! Thank you so very much, and wish me luck,
Caterina
Search found 10 matches
- 08 Feb 2015, 14:57
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Menfi, Sicily, Triolo Family
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2062
- 08 Feb 2015, 14:38
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Marriage Promise Translation
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1041
Re: Marriage Promise Translation
Dear Livio,
Thank you so much!!! It is amazing that you do this for people, what an amazing gift of your time you and the others who are able to respond give!
All the best to you and yours,
Caterina
PS My husband and I, along with my Mother and her friend, will be in Rome in May and would be ...
Thank you so much!!! It is amazing that you do this for people, what an amazing gift of your time you and the others who are able to respond give!
All the best to you and yours,
Caterina
PS My husband and I, along with my Mother and her friend, will be in Rome in May and would be ...
- 07 Feb 2015, 19:12
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Menfi, Sicily, Triolo Family
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2062
Menfi, Sicily, Triolo Family
Hello,
I was not sure where to post this question, so am hoping this is the most appropriate spot. I have been doing family research for several years, and know that my husband's family is from Menfi. We will be traveling there in May/June and will be spending several weeks in the immediate area. I ...
I was not sure where to post this question, so am hoping this is the most appropriate spot. I have been doing family research for several years, and know that my husband's family is from Menfi. We will be traveling there in May/June and will be spending several weeks in the immediate area. I ...
- 07 Feb 2015, 18:58
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Marriage Promise Translation
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1041
Marriage Promise Translation
Buon Giorno,
Attached is a Promise of Marriage for Calogero Triolo and Maria Tricia. I am hoping to get more detail if possible. Also is a second page that appears to be notes, I see both of their names, plus other family names, Vito Triolo, Calogero's Father, and others. I cannot read the notes ...
Attached is a Promise of Marriage for Calogero Triolo and Maria Tricia. I am hoping to get more detail if possible. Also is a second page that appears to be notes, I see both of their names, plus other family names, Vito Triolo, Calogero's Father, and others. I cannot read the notes ...
- 23 Jan 2015, 07:42
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Sicilian Death Record
- Replies: 2
- Views: 699
Sicilian Death Record
Hello,
I am not sure who this death record is for, or what information it contains? Any help would be appreciated!
The second attachment may be a second page for this document, or the marriage bann or baptism announcement I posted earlier???
Thank you in advance for any help you can provide ...
I am not sure who this death record is for, or what information it contains? Any help would be appreciated!
The second attachment may be a second page for this document, or the marriage bann or baptism announcement I posted earlier???
Thank you in advance for any help you can provide ...
- 22 Jan 2015, 21:32
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Transcription of Atto Di Nascita
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1379
Re: Transcription of Atto Di Nascita
Dear Paola52,
I can't thank you enough! You have made is possible for us to go to the actual church while in Sicily - making a dream come true for us. I hope that my Italian is one day good enough that I can pay it forward, or possibly I can find I site where I can translate the English for ...
I can't thank you enough! You have made is possible for us to go to the actual church while in Sicily - making a dream come true for us. I hope that my Italian is one day good enough that I can pay it forward, or possibly I can find I site where I can translate the English for ...
- 22 Jan 2015, 14:05
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Transcription of Atto Di Nascita
- Replies: 1
- Views: 662
Transcription of Atto Di Nascita
Hello All,
Anyone up for translating an 1845 Sicilian baptism record? I am particularly interested in the name of the parish, as that opens up a lot of new avenues for searching! :)
Thank you in advance,
Caterina
To add, I have some of the details - community of Menfi, via Sciacca, Agrigento ...
Anyone up for translating an 1845 Sicilian baptism record? I am particularly interested in the name of the parish, as that opens up a lot of new avenues for searching! :)
Thank you in advance,
Caterina
To add, I have some of the details - community of Menfi, via Sciacca, Agrigento ...
- 22 Jan 2015, 14:05
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Transcription of Atto Di Nascita
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1379
Transcription of Atto Di Nascita
Hello All,
Anyone up for translating an 1845 Sicilian baptism record? I am particularly interested in the name of the parish, as that opens up a lot of new avenues for searching! :)
Thank you in advance,
Caterina
To add, I have some of the details - community of Menfi, via Sciacca, Agrigento ...
Anyone up for translating an 1845 Sicilian baptism record? I am particularly interested in the name of the parish, as that opens up a lot of new avenues for searching! :)
Thank you in advance,
Caterina
To add, I have some of the details - community of Menfi, via Sciacca, Agrigento ...
- 22 Jan 2015, 03:27
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Looking for Sicilian genealogist to hire?
- Replies: 1
- Views: 559
Looking for Sicilian genealogist to hire?
Hello,
I have multiple records that need transcription - not the "form" part, but the "fill in the blank" part. I am hoping to find someone who is used to reading Stato Civile records from the 1820's to 1880's, and is also familiar with Sicilian Place names, Agrigento area.
Thanks in advance for ...
I have multiple records that need transcription - not the "form" part, but the "fill in the blank" part. I am hoping to find someone who is used to reading Stato Civile records from the 1820's to 1880's, and is also familiar with Sicilian Place names, Agrigento area.
Thanks in advance for ...
- 22 Jan 2015, 03:23
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Need help transcribing Sicilian Records from 1800's
- Replies: 1
- Views: 582
Need help transcribing Sicilian Records from 1800's
I am researching my husband's ancestry and am writing to ask for help. My Italian is very limited, but I can get through the "form" part of the page - I need an expert in the language, particularly someone who is familiar with these old records and Sicilian Place names.
We are coming to Sicily in ...
We are coming to Sicily in ...