Thank you so much!
I thought maybe the date was transposed in that one section of the baptismal certificate...like it was supposed to be 1918 instead of 1981, maybe? Is that possible?
Search found 15 matches
- 06 Jul 2015, 01:02
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Having trouble posting...but trying again
- Replies: 9
- Views: 3001
- 05 Jul 2015, 15:14
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Having trouble posting...but trying again
- Replies: 9
- Views: 3001
Re: Having trouble posting...but trying again
Thank you! I have sent them. I have mostly translated the typed stuff on the birth and baptismal certificates, but the handwritten stuff is mostly beyond me. It may be easier for someone familiar with the language. Or not, lol.
I can't post smilies, either. :/
I can't post smilies, either. :/
- 05 Jul 2015, 15:11
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Is this an address in Aprigliano?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 6495
Re: Is this an address in Aprigliano?
Thank you!
- 04 Jul 2015, 07:42
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Having trouble posting...but trying again
- Replies: 9
- Views: 3001
Re: Having trouble posting...but trying again
I tried posting it again, but same thing--it thinks for awhile and then gives me a blank reply box. No image.
I think the problem is that it's too large, as the postimage link didn't work, either, and it said it was because it was too big. It's a PDF file. Any other suggestions? Thanks.
I think the problem is that it's too large, as the postimage link didn't work, either, and it said it was because it was too big. It's a PDF file. Any other suggestions? Thanks.
- 03 Jul 2015, 19:44
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Is this an address in Aprigliano?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 6495
Is this an address in Aprigliano?
My cousin sent me this address: Discesa Neptune 24 aprigliano-Vico
It seems to be where my great-grandfather, Luigi Calvelli, lived. I can't find it on Google Maps, though. Does it look like an address? All I was able to determine was that "discesa" means "downhill." I know it's in Vico, and I know ...
It seems to be where my great-grandfather, Luigi Calvelli, lived. I can't find it on Google Maps, though. Does it look like an address? All I was able to determine was that "discesa" means "downhill." I know it's in Vico, and I know ...
- 03 Jul 2015, 19:37
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Having trouble posting...but trying again
- Replies: 9
- Views: 3001
Having trouble posting...but trying again
My cousin (a different cousin than the one mentioned in a different thread) sent me pictures of my great-uncle's birth and baptism certificates. I was unable to post them but I need help translating. Can anyone help me, please?
- 29 Jun 2015, 23:43
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need Help with Mystery Ancestor
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2558
Re: Need Help with Mystery Ancestor
Hmmm, I linked my cousin to this thread and he said he made a post. I've been waiting for it to show up but nothing so far.
- 27 Jun 2015, 20:57
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need Help with Mystery Ancestor
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2558
Re: Need Help with Mystery Ancestor
Sorry, he was born in Aprigliano...so Tessa, that first one looks like it might be promising! I get confused because I think he had a son named Francesco. So that first one might be his son.
I will see if I can get my cousin to come here and take a look. Thanks!
I will see if I can get my cousin to come here and take a look. Thanks!
- 27 Jun 2015, 18:01
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need Help with Mystery Ancestor
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2558
Need Help with Mystery Ancestor
This is really more for my cousin than for me, although I'm curious, too. I recently connected with a cousin on my Italian side. We are related through my grandpa's mother, Pasqualina Calvelli Petrone. She was his great-grandfather's sister. His great-grandfather's name was Francesco Calvelli. If it ...
- 27 Jun 2015, 17:54
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Desperately Need Help! Aprigliano ancestors.
- Replies: 12
- Views: 4870
Re: Desperately Need Help! Aprigliano ancestors.
Oops, sorry, I wasn't clear--I meant I sent an email to the above address where Marty was kind enough to give me a template in Italian. I will do as you said and give it a month. I suppose in the meantime, it wouldn't hurt to sent the request for the parents' marriage record.
Are the LDS microfilm ...
Are the LDS microfilm ...
- 27 Jun 2015, 05:49
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Desperately Need Help! Aprigliano ancestors.
- Replies: 12
- Views: 4870
Re: Desperately Need Help! Aprigliano ancestors.
I sent an email inquiring about my Grandpa Guido's birth, but no answer. I did not send picture ID, because I don't understand why that's required.
I am told that my great-grandma and great-grandpa had a few children before my grandpa's eldest sibling--but that they died. I would like to see if I ...
I am told that my great-grandma and great-grandpa had a few children before my grandpa's eldest sibling--but that they died. I would like to see if I ...
- 24 Jun 2015, 05:29
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Desperately Need Help! Aprigliano ancestors.
- Replies: 12
- Views: 4870
Re: Desperately Need Help! Aprigliano ancestors.
Oops! Sorry! I read that as a surname they were looking for; makes sense that it wasn't listed as a named person in the post now.
In that case, LDS has microfilm for Aprigliano from 1809-1910:
https://familysearch.org/search/catalog/511083?availability=Family%20History%20Library (If this link does ...
In that case, LDS has microfilm for Aprigliano from 1809-1910:
https://familysearch.org/search/catalog/511083?availability=Family%20History%20Library (If this link does ...
- 24 Jun 2015, 05:25
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Desperately Need Help! Aprigliano ancestors.
- Replies: 12
- Views: 4870
Re: Desperately Need Help! Aprigliano ancestors.
Thank you for the responses! I didn't realize my post had been approved yet until just now, sorry!
Marty, is that the email I should send them? Both parts at once, or two emails? If so, thank you so much! I have no idea what it says, though, lol.
I can't remember where I got the marriage date for ...
Marty, is that the email I should send them? Both parts at once, or two emails? If so, thank you so much! I have no idea what it says, though, lol.
I can't remember where I got the marriage date for ...
- 20 Jun 2015, 00:55
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Can't add attachment [Fixed]
- Replies: 25
- Views: 21777
Re: Can't add attachment [Fixed]
I am just piggybacking on this post to see if it lets me post to a thread I didn't start! Sorry! Nothing to see here...
- 19 Jun 2015, 21:56
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Desperately Need Help! Aprigliano ancestors.
- Replies: 12
- Views: 4870
Desperately Need Help! Aprigliano ancestors.
Hi all, I'm new here. I've been trying to figure out my maternal grandfather's family tree, and I'm lost. Some background:
My grandpa, Guido Petrone was born in 1915, to Vito Antonio Petrone and Pasqualina Calvelli. I did not know about the "Vito" part of my great-grandfather's name until I saw it ...
My grandpa, Guido Petrone was born in 1915, to Vito Antonio Petrone and Pasqualina Calvelli. I did not know about the "Vito" part of my great-grandfather's name until I saw it ...