Good morning forum,
I am helping a friend who is trying to find any information concerning her paternal grandparents
If I have been correct I believe I have found information going back to her great great grandparents
Dominico Lepore I believe born around 1840 in the comune of Ripabottoni ...
Search found 16 matches
- 08 Sep 2017, 16:52
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Francesco Lenore
- Replies: 1
- Views: 951
- 04 May 2017, 04:45
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Dominick Colombo of New Rochelle, NY
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3473
Re: Dominick Colombo of New Rochelle, NY
Hi Judi,
One other idea, you could try looking into the records in the commune of Bonefro.
The reason I am suggesting it is because in New Rochelle there was a large community of people who came from Bonefro and both the Colombo and Vaccaros that I personally knew came from there. This group formed ...
One other idea, you could try looking into the records in the commune of Bonefro.
The reason I am suggesting it is because in New Rochelle there was a large community of people who came from Bonefro and both the Colombo and Vaccaros that I personally knew came from there. This group formed ...
- 04 May 2017, 02:38
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Dominick Colombo of New Rochelle, NY
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3473
Re: Dominick Colombo of New Rochelle, NY
Hi Judy,
According to the 1920 census in New Rochelle N Y if your grandparents had ten children and I have the correct family the census indicates that Angelina arrived first in 1884 and he arrived in 1889 but it doesn't mention where in Italy they came from.
I also have family in New Rochelle and ...
According to the 1920 census in New Rochelle N Y if your grandparents had ten children and I have the correct family the census indicates that Angelina arrived first in 1884 and he arrived in 1889 but it doesn't mention where in Italy they came from.
I also have family in New Rochelle and ...
- 27 Jan 2017, 14:05
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Free family search!
- Replies: 13
- Views: 6571
Re: Free family search!
I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank Laura and her team for all the work that was done on my family's genealogy. They were able to go back to my 5 times great grandparents.
I was sent a very concise report along with beautiful pictures of the areas around Molise.
I would highly recommend ...
I was sent a very concise report along with beautiful pictures of the areas around Molise.
I would highly recommend ...
- 08 Nov 2015, 03:48
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Giuseppe DI IORIO immigration date, information
- Replies: 13
- Views: 10115
Re: Giuseppe DI IORIO immigration date, information
When I was searching for information on my own family, I came across the Di Orio name many times in this commune. I would be interested in knowing if you find your family in Bonefro. I know that my grandparents had very good friends that were named Di Orio and they were referred to as piasani and ...
- 08 Nov 2015, 03:31
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Giuseppe DI IORIO immigration date, information
- Replies: 13
- Views: 10115
Re: Giuseppe DI IORIO immigration date, information
I knew a number of people with the last name of Di Iorio who settled in New
Rochelle NY, they all came from Bonefro which is in Molise Campobasso, perhaps you can try looking there.
Rochelle NY, they all came from Bonefro which is in Molise Campobasso, perhaps you can try looking there.
- 15 Sep 2015, 21:25
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Bonefro, Campobasso
- Replies: 22
- Views: 39743
Re: Bonefro, Campobasso
Yes my family also came from New Rochelle NY and all also born in Bonefro. My paternal grandfather was Antonio Iarocci and my maternal grandmother was Filomena D'onofrio. I myself lived in PSA as did many other names found in this forum. D'Orio, Santianna, , Vaccaro, Columbo, Lalli, Ruccollo etc. I ...
- 20 Aug 2015, 18:35
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Grandmothers lost citizenship
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3200
Re: Grandmothers lost citizenship
Hello Mier,
Thank you so much for the information, what you say makes perfect sense.
I knew that it couldn't be connected to his military service.
I was able to find my grandfathers naturalization papers and my grandmothers paper was there also.
Thank you so much for the information, what you say makes perfect sense.
I knew that it couldn't be connected to his military service.
I was able to find my grandfathers naturalization papers and my grandmothers paper was there also.
- 20 Aug 2015, 14:12
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Grandmothers lost citizenship
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3200
Grandmothers lost citizenship
Hello.
I was hoping someone could possible help explain why my paternal grandmother born in the United States in 1897 of Italian parents who immigrated to New York would have lost her U. S citizenship.
She married my grandfather in New York in 1920. My grandfather was born in Italy in 1892.
He had ...
I was hoping someone could possible help explain why my paternal grandmother born in the United States in 1897 of Italian parents who immigrated to New York would have lost her U. S citizenship.
She married my grandfather in New York in 1920. My grandfather was born in Italy in 1892.
He had ...
- 12 Aug 2015, 14:37
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Seeking information on my 3 times great grandparents
- Replies: 9
- Views: 5939
Re: Seeking information on my 3 times great grandparents
Hello Pippo
Again I thank for the help, I did notice that the forms all seemed similar.
I am still working on this, but now I will start to collect info on my own family name
I'm sure you are correct, that I will eventually find the connection between families
Geri
Again I thank for the help, I did notice that the forms all seemed similar.
I am still working on this, but now I will start to collect info on my own family name
I'm sure you are correct, that I will eventually find the connection between families
Geri
- 11 Aug 2015, 18:17
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Seeking information on my 3 times great grandparents
- Replies: 9
- Views: 5939
Re: Seeking information on my 3 times great grandparents
Hello Pippo,
This may be a duplicate response to you but I wanted to thank you for all the information you provided, it was much more then I could of expected.
Would you know how I can get a translation of the certificates? I was trying to read them and while I was doing that another named jumped ...
This may be a duplicate response to you but I wanted to thank you for all the information you provided, it was much more then I could of expected.
Would you know how I can get a translation of the certificates? I was trying to read them and while I was doing that another named jumped ...
- 10 Aug 2015, 18:54
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Seeking information on my 3 times great grandparents
- Replies: 9
- Views: 5939
Seeking information on my 3 times great grandparents
I am looking for any information on my 3 times great grandparents
I believe that all my relatives came from the same area of Bonefro, Campobasso.
My 2 times paternal grandparents were Antonio Perrota and Filomena Gianotti.
My 2 times maternal grandparents were Matteo D'Onofrio and Maria Leonardo ...
I believe that all my relatives came from the same area of Bonefro, Campobasso.
My 2 times paternal grandparents were Antonio Perrota and Filomena Gianotti.
My 2 times maternal grandparents were Matteo D'Onofrio and Maria Leonardo ...
- 09 Aug 2015, 21:06
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help finding info about my grandmother
- Replies: 10
- Views: 4057
Re: Help finding info about my grandmother
Hi Tessa,
Thanks for all the info you have provided,
It seems that I get one questioned answered, and that leads to two more.
Geri
Thanks for all the info you have provided,
It seems that I get one questioned answered, and that leads to two more.
Geri
- 09 Aug 2015, 17:38
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help finding info about my grandmother
- Replies: 10
- Views: 4057
Re: Help finding info about my grandmother
Thank you for this additional info.
Is it possible to get a birth record for the infant named Antonio Scelza.
We have no info on this child but we do have info on the older boy also named Antonio. Could it be that this baby who they refer to on the ship records was listed by a middle name.
I think ...
Is it possible to get a birth record for the infant named Antonio Scelza.
We have no info on this child but we do have info on the older boy also named Antonio. Could it be that this baby who they refer to on the ship records was listed by a middle name.
I think ...
- 09 Aug 2015, 04:07
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help finding info about my grandmother
- Replies: 10
- Views: 4057
Re: Help finding info about my grandmother
Thank you all.
This is my grandmother and my aunt and uncle.
Didn't know there was a second son.
I have been trying to find out my great grandparent names and you have provided this info
This is my grandmother and my aunt and uncle.
Didn't know there was a second son.
I have been trying to find out my great grandparent names and you have provided this info