Search found 2 matches

by DSweet
25 Aug 2015, 15:18
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Polizzi Generosa, Sicily surnames Pantina-Dolce surnames
Replies: 4
Views: 6980

Re: Polizzi Generosa, Sicily surnames Pantina-Dolce surnames

Correction to my recent post: I checked the ship manifest, and my great uncle, Salvatore Dolce, came to the US (NY then to Plainfield, NJ) in 1920 at the age of 17. My grandfather, Gervasi Dolce (aka Guiseppe), brother of Salvatore arrived in 1905. Another brother, John, came to the US around 1960 ...
by DSweet
24 Aug 2015, 22:04
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Polizzi Generosa, Sicily surnames Pantina-Dolce surnames
Replies: 4
Views: 6980

Re: Polizzi Generosa, Sicily surnames Pantina-Dolce surnames

In response to the post of Patricia Dolce Taylor: My great uncle (my father's uncle) was also Salvatore Dolce born in Cacammo, Sicily. They called him Sam. He had blue eyes and emigrated to the US as a boy around 1905. He arrived in NYC, I believe, and later lived in Lyndhurst, NJ. I can check the ...