Search found 46 matches
- 05 Aug 2016, 02:38
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translation assistance
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2823
Re: Translation assistance
Thank you for your help. It is apppreciated
- 20 Jul 2016, 03:07
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translation assistance
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2823
Re: Translation assistance please
Hello Italian Friends,
I am looking for someone who can assist me in writing a letter to the state archives of palermo in response to a letter that I received from Comando Militare Autonomo Sicilia Centro Documentale di Palermo. I wrote the comando requesting my grandfather's WW1 Italian military ...
I am looking for someone who can assist me in writing a letter to the state archives of palermo in response to a letter that I received from Comando Militare Autonomo Sicilia Centro Documentale di Palermo. I wrote the comando requesting my grandfather's WW1 Italian military ...
- 20 Jul 2016, 03:06
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translation assistance
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2823
Re: Translation assistance please
Hello Italian Friends,
I am looking for someone who can assist me in writing a letter to the state archives of palermo in response to a letter that I received from Comando Militare Autonomo Sicilia Centro Documentale di Palermo. I wrote the comando requesting my grandfather's WW1 Italian military ...
I am looking for someone who can assist me in writing a letter to the state archives of palermo in response to a letter that I received from Comando Militare Autonomo Sicilia Centro Documentale di Palermo. I wrote the comando requesting my grandfather's WW1 Italian military ...
- 18 Jul 2016, 03:09
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translation assistance
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2823
Translation assistance
Hello Italian Friends,
I am looking for someone who can assist me in writing a letter to the state archives of palermo in response to a letter that I received from Comando Militare Autonomo Sicilia Centro Documentale di Palermo. I wrote the comando requesting my grandfather's WW1 Italian military ...
I am looking for someone who can assist me in writing a letter to the state archives of palermo in response to a letter that I received from Comando Militare Autonomo Sicilia Centro Documentale di Palermo. I wrote the comando requesting my grandfather's WW1 Italian military ...
- 20 Apr 2016, 13:43
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: translation assistance
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1418
Re: translation assistance
Thank you very much!!!
- 19 Apr 2016, 19:09
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: translation assistance
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1418
translation assistance
Hi I received a letter from the centro documentale Palermo sezione documentazione regarding a record I requested. The response is in Italian of course and I need to translate it. I am also having difficulty determining if the letter is addressed to both myself and another person who is acting upon ...
- 28 Nov 2015, 19:18
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Baiardo/bausano and DiFalco/bausano
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1319
Re: Baiardo/bausano and DiFalco/bausano
I also think Diego Baiardos name may have spelled Bajardo on the records.. I believe he was deceased by the time his son was married in 1881 or 1882
- 28 Nov 2015, 05:59
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Baiardo/bausano and DiFalco/bausano
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1319
Baiardo/bausano and DiFalco/bausano
Hi, I'm looking for the marriage records of Diego Baiardo to Pietra Bausano (and Rosario DiFalco to Caterina Bausano all persons are from Alravilla Milicia Sicily and married most likely in 1840s/50s. I appreciate any assistance, thank you, Andrea
- 26 Nov 2015, 15:16
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Carbone and Farace & Leone /Tatti
- Replies: 44
- Views: 14324
Re: Carbone and Farace & Leone /Tatti
One other thing I'm curious about.. It appears that most of the family has followed the naming traditions but a few have not. My great grandfather Palmerino Leone's grandfather was Pasquale... Either palmerino wasn't the first born or his name was derived from something (nickname for Pasquale)? His ...
- 26 Nov 2015, 15:07
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Occupations in 1800s
- Replies: 4
- Views: 22757
Re: Occupations in 1800s
Thank you this is great.. What would the class order likely have been for these. I'm assuming landowner would have been higher and peasant lowest.. Curious about the others.
- 26 Nov 2015, 03:02
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Carbone and Farace & Leone /Tatti
- Replies: 44
- Views: 14324
Re: Carbone and Farace & Leone /Tatti
I have been wondering what it would have meant in the social class hierarchy to have these jobs listed in these records above
Spinner
Laborer
Cultivator
Landowner
Shepard
Surveyor
Peasant
Would you please be able to tell tell me the Italian words for these?
Thank you
Andrea
Spinner
Laborer
Cultivator
Landowner
Shepard
Surveyor
Peasant
Would you please be able to tell tell me the Italian words for these?
Thank you
Andrea
- 25 Nov 2015, 23:58
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Luco dei Marsi
- Replies: 2
- Views: 6554
Re: Luco dei Marsi
Thank you!!
- 25 Nov 2015, 22:14
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Carbone and Farace & Leone /Tatti
- Replies: 44
- Views: 14324
Re: Carbone and Farace & Leone /Tatti
Thank you, that makes sense. So where it states marriage banns were posted on x days is when the intent was posted then.. Correct? Each time you wrote that I thought that meant there was a ban during that time period ( no one could marry at those times) I'm glad I asked for clarification! Andrea
- 25 Nov 2015, 22:02
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Luco dei Marsi
- Replies: 2
- Views: 6554
Luco dei Marsi
I have a question my grandparents were from luco dei Marsi in L'aquila Abruzzo. Someone told me that it is really supposed to be luco ne Marsi, however on the communes website it is listed as dei Marsi.... Which is correct? I have to send a letter to the commune and don't want to mis label it. Also ...
- 25 Nov 2015, 21:55
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Occupations in 1800s
- Replies: 4
- Views: 22757
Occupations in 1800s
I have been reviewing the records of my ancestors and I was wondering what the it would have meant in the social class hierarchy to have these jobs.
Spinner
Laborer
Cultivator
Landowner
Shepard
Surveyor
Peasant
Also can someone tell me the Italian words for these?
Thank you
Spinner
Laborer
Cultivator
Landowner
Shepard
Surveyor
Peasant
Also can someone tell me the Italian words for these?
Thank you