Search found 3 matches

by dlshook
20 Feb 2022, 17:03
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Phrase on birth record 1902
Replies: 1
Views: 518

Phrase on birth record 1902

Please assist in translation of birth record-the record was created November 2, 1902 and I just want to confirm that the birth date for my grandfather is truly October 30, 1902. Here's the phrase that I can't seem to translate : "del di trenta, del perduto mese". I'm thinking it should be "last ...
by dlshook
22 Jun 2016, 20:17
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Romassana near Lucca?
Replies: 3
Views: 2703

Re: Romassana near Lucca?

Grazie! This clears up what was going to be my follow up question-Sarafino's father Anicetro came over in 1902 and his place of residence is listed as Dornassana or something close to it...so Domazzano solves that puzzle too!
by dlshook
12 Jun 2016, 23:55
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Romassana near Lucca?
Replies: 3
Views: 2703

Romassana near Lucca?

My grandfather Sarafino Napoli came over to America in 1906 (at age 4) with his mother Ofea and brother Renato and per the passenger manifest on the Ellis Island site, their last place of residence is listed as Romassana. I haven't been able to locate this on a map and have been thinking it would be ...