Hello!
This forum has been blast! Several people have shown me things, no one in my family have been able to!
I've got all my documents in place now and I'm ready to go through the process to reclaim my citizenship.
However, now I have a problem.
My great grandfather Ignazio Filippi, was born ...
Search found 10 matches
- 05 May 2017, 22:41
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Great GrandFathers Birthdate is wrong by 2 days
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1259
- 06 Apr 2017, 03:42
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Birth Record - Alcamo
- Replies: 10
- Views: 4362
- 06 Apr 2017, 01:42
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Birth Record - Alcamo
- Replies: 10
- Views: 4362
Re: Birth Record - Alcamo
Any chance someone can help me locate my great grandfathers? I tried scrolling around that website, it's confusing!
- 06 Apr 2017, 01:12
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Birth Record - Alcamo
- Replies: 10
- Views: 4362
Re: Birth Record - Alcamo
Is that an A or an O? lol.
Everything we have is Ferarra.
Everything we have is Ferarra.
- 06 Apr 2017, 01:03
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Birth Record - Alcamo
- Replies: 10
- Views: 4362
Re: Birth Record - Alcamo
Here is here naturalization - http://i.imgur.com/EHGfk77.jpg
Her birth name is Giuseppa. The boat and all other paperwork have her as Josephine.
Oh wait! Her maiden name was Ferarra! They got married here.
Her birth name is Giuseppa. The boat and all other paperwork have her as Josephine.
Oh wait! Her maiden name was Ferarra! They got married here.
- 05 Apr 2017, 23:33
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Birth Record - Alcamo
- Replies: 10
- Views: 4362
Birth Record - Alcamo
Hello!
I've mailed a letter (feb 14th) to the Comuna in Alcamo and received no response from them.
I'm looking for my great grandparents birth records
Ignazio Filippi 9-25-1900
Giuseppa Filippi 1-8-1909
Can anyone help me find the right address? I'm seeing two on their comuna website.
I've mailed a letter (feb 14th) to the Comuna in Alcamo and received no response from them.
I'm looking for my great grandparents birth records
Ignazio Filippi 9-25-1900
Giuseppa Filippi 1-8-1909
Can anyone help me find the right address? I'm seeing two on their comuna website.
- 18 Mar 2017, 19:38
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Name issue
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1515
Name issue
Hello!
I'm in the process of getting my Italian citizenship - I've run into a problem.
My great grandmothers name. She came over on the boat as Josephine, her marriage, death and naturalization records all have her named as Josephine.
I have now found out her name in Italy(Italian birth record ...
I'm in the process of getting my Italian citizenship - I've run into a problem.
My great grandmothers name. She came over on the boat as Josephine, her marriage, death and naturalization records all have her named as Josephine.
I have now found out her name in Italy(Italian birth record ...
- 14 Mar 2017, 00:51
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Issues Acquiring Birth Records From Alcamo
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2081
Re: Issues Acquiring Birth Records From Alcamo
!!!
Now I have to scroll through six pages of sloppy writing :/
Thank you! Hopefully I can find them.
Now I have to scroll through six pages of sloppy writing :/
Thank you! Hopefully I can find them.
- 14 Mar 2017, 00:00
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Issues Acquiring Birth Records From Alcamo
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2081
Issues Acquiring Birth Records From Alcamo
Hello!
I've traced my great grandparents back to a small town called Alcamo, in Sicily. Apparently I have a lot of family there and some with the same name as me! Talk about a blast from the past.
Ignazio Filippi BD 9-25-1900
Josephine Ferarra 01-08-1908
I've mailed a letter to the comuna in ...
I've traced my great grandparents back to a small town called Alcamo, in Sicily. Apparently I have a lot of family there and some with the same name as me! Talk about a blast from the past.
Ignazio Filippi BD 9-25-1900
Josephine Ferarra 01-08-1908
I've mailed a letter to the comuna in ...
- 13 Jan 2017, 21:53
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: I'm Italian! :) I think... help?
- Replies: 1
- Views: 985
I'm Italian! :) I think... help?
I've recently discovered that my grandfather was born before my Great-Grandfather was naturalized in the USA.
I've tracked down all the paperwork - some misspellings but I can get those changed if necessary.
I need to get a pair of birth certificates from Alcamo, Trapani, Sicliy.
I've found ...
I've tracked down all the paperwork - some misspellings but I can get those changed if necessary.
I need to get a pair of birth certificates from Alcamo, Trapani, Sicliy.
I've found ...