Search found 24 matches
- 23 Mar 2017, 23:28
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Question regarding request for documents for 1948 case
- Replies: 7
- Views: 3250
Re: Question regarding request for documents for 1948 case
I wrote to him to ask him if its OK before I make anymore effort. The weird thing is , my father was born here in 1921 which was 10 years after my grandmother came here. They named him Domenico here and then he used Thomas on all other documents so it's not even like he came here from Italy with ...
- 23 Mar 2017, 03:11
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Question regarding request for documents for 1948 case
- Replies: 7
- Views: 3250
Re: Question regarding request for documents for 1948 case
Thank you so much for replying! Its strange because when I googled asking what is the Italian translation of Thomas the answer that pops up is that it is the same as these three names "Tommaso, Gaetano, Domenico". Seeing Domenico there had me relieved for a bit. I didnt know there was such a thing ...
- 20 Mar 2017, 23:46
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Question regarding request for documents for 1948 case
- Replies: 7
- Views: 3250
Question regarding request for documents for 1948 case
Hello all, its been a few weeks since I started this endeavor and I am happy that I have progress to report but a few questions as well. I received both of my grandparents birth certificates and their marriage certificate from Italy today! I cannot believe how easy this was but I found an amazing ...
- 17 Mar 2017, 07:08
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Christ Stopped at Eboli
- Replies: 4
- Views: 7368
Re: Christ Stopped at Eboli
Thanks to this thread I read 'Christ stopped at Eboli', and you're right, it is quite gripping! My great-grandfather emigrated from Basilicata in 1912, and I couldn't help but picture my grandmother and great-uncle and how they would have grown up if their father *hadn't* left the area. Though the ...
- 17 Mar 2017, 06:58
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: 1948 Case Advice
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2029
Re: 1948 Case Advice
I am just beginning this myself so I can't tell you what to expect, but I have contacted two lawyers whom Ive seen mentioned online as taking these cases and both replied to me and gave me breakdowns of the cost including the tax fees. If you look in the threads on 1948 cases or Luigi Paiano clients ...
- 13 Mar 2017, 19:30
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Documents for a 1948 case
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1555
Re: Documents for a 1948 case
Thank you, i will send an email today and see what i can find out !
- 13 Mar 2017, 18:30
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Documents for a 1948 case
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1555
Documents for a 1948 case
Hello, I am hoping I can run this by the helpful people here to help get myself organized and goal directed with the process I'm undertaking. I have been reading a lot here and i am beginning to obtain documents for a possible 1948 case for myself.
From what I have gathered I am going to need ...
From what I have gathered I am going to need ...
- 08 Mar 2017, 23:41
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Petrullo/Agolia family?
- Replies: 16
- Views: 7278
Re: Petrullo/Agolia family?
Thank you very much Marty! I really appreciate your help
- 08 Mar 2017, 07:00
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Petrullo/Agolia family?
- Replies: 16
- Views: 7278
Re: Petrullo/Agolia family?
I have one more question here that might sound dumb but Im confused here, the front of the record book these came from says Satriano di lucania but the town this happened in was savoia di lucania , i found websites and emails for both of these places and Im not sure who to send my request to. Any ...
- 23 Feb 2017, 07:35
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Petrullo/Agolia family?
- Replies: 16
- Views: 7278
Re: Petrullo/Agolia family?
Thank you for being so supportive Angela! I actually got my sausage from a place where they make it themselves and the owner came here from Italy in 1974. We've been talking a lot about it lately and he told me he came here with his father when he was 10 years old, I go in his shop a lot for many ...
- 17 Feb 2017, 11:27
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Petrullo/Agolia family?
- Replies: 16
- Views: 7278
Re: Petrullo/Agolia family?
Thank you so much Angela! This is incredible! My searching skills seem to be terrible with what you have found for me , i need to poke around and see how to use this properly. i still cant locate records with the skill you have! The birth and marriage records are what I need to obtain now. At least ...
- 17 Feb 2017, 00:11
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Petrullo/Agolia family?
- Replies: 16
- Views: 7278
Re: Petrullo/Agolia family?
That is so strange! I saw that over on ancestry but I didnt notice that date, why would that be written on a manifest from 1909? Could it be something else? I found his petition though, for some reason i am having trouble using the add attachment feature here I hope this works! You may have to copy ...
- 16 Feb 2017, 23:19
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Petrullo/Agolia family?
- Replies: 16
- Views: 7278
Re: Petrullo/Agolia family?
Wow! I'm so emotional right now i feel like I'm on the journey with them! Vincenzo is my uncle Jimmy who I adored, he died in 2000. I had no idea that both of my grandparents fathers died so soon. I guess people died a lot younger then in general, especially in poor areas. I have no idea about any ...
- 16 Feb 2017, 21:31
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Petrullo/Agolia family?
- Replies: 16
- Views: 7278
Re: Petrullo/Agolia family?
Oh my goodness THANK YOU THANK YOU!! Did I say thank you? Well THANK YOU! I am so happy right now I was really despairing and so confused. I saw Michele on a ship manifest photo over on ancestry and it even listed something like "wife maria agoglia in italy" or something in the comment section but ...
- 16 Feb 2017, 02:12
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Petrullo/Agolia family?
- Replies: 16
- Views: 7278
Re: Petrullo/Agolia family?
Adding to my post here......i just unearthed a metal box my mother used to keep important papers in and i found my own fathers birth certificate and his birth name was Domenico. Every other document with his name listed was Thomas Charles. I have no idea why this is or how his name changed like this ...